Mind if I park my butt here?

Mulberry

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself to this bit of the forum.

I've lurked for such a long time, been starting and failing for months and finally plucked up the courage to join.

Back in 2005/2006 I lost about 11 stone but promptly put it all back on :eek:. I was gutted and it took me a couple of years to get myself back out of the blackness that desended on me. I felt awful physically and mentally. I had success in the palm of my hands but obviously it wasn't to be that time. The diet work beautifully - I did Lighterlife at that point - but obviously came a cropper with the maintenence part. I've had a few shots at taking control again but maybe my heart wasn't quite in it then.

I'm on day 4 of CD and feeling quite positive about the whole experience I know I have before me. I feel I know it all but I don't know anything at all if that makes sense.

Anyhow, before I write and essay :p, I hope that I can be of support here and be supported. I've got so many thoughts in my head that I need to ponder over so thought this might be the place to do so.

Thanks for reading :eek:

Love

Amanda
xx

You are most welcome to join us. We all know what it is like to have a lot to lose and how hard it is. That's why we support and encourage each other

Irene xx

Hi Amanda,

Im new here too! well thats a lie i joined ages ago but havent been here for months, so im new again lol

just wanted to wish you luck with CD, im sure you'l lose the 11stone in no time! Im starting a CD style diet this week, i want to lose about 6 stone, iv never lost more than 1.5 stone before in my life! but im starting uni in october and i really dont want to be stuck in the rut i am now, although i am fully aware i wont be 6stone lighter by oct il atleast be about 1 or 2 and b a little more confident!

you'l find the people here will give you all the support you need! and im sure you'l help a few people too!

so good luck!

xxx

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best Amanda. I think having the likeminded folks on this forum supporting you will help you stay focused and motivated. The nice thing here is that you are not alone in your experiences and people here are eager to help you succeed.

Hi Amanda, you sound like you are well and truly focused this time around, as you know what you have to do, and you also know how easily it can all go back on too!

I've yo-yo'd so many times over the years I can barely keep up with myself, my wardrobe has ranged from a 14 to a 24 all my life, but I'm going to be 39 years old next month, and I'd really love to be at my ideal weight by my 40th! (Feels like a dream but I know it can be done with discipline and control.) Good luck to you and let us know how you get on! :) x

:welcome2:Hi Amanda

I think most of us know what it's like to lose weight and then put it back on. The best any of us can do is tell ourselves that we have learnt from the past and this time it will be different.

Good luck.

Back