Mindovermatter Sole Source Diary

I have finally plucked up the courgage to restart sole source again. I lost 6 stones last year with lighter life. Having lost 1 and 1/2 stones with healthy eating, I have finally decided to lose my weight with sole source.

I now feel that I am both physically and mentally in the right place to begin sole source and I begin tomorrow. All weighed in and I stand at 15 stone. I will be readin other diaries as this site is full of support. I hope my thoughts can also help others. As i live by myself, I have decided to get rid of all the food in my house and begin my 12 week (i think it's 12) countdown to x-mas. This time i need to relearn that this is only stage 1, and the real work beings when moving up the steps. Lesson to anyone out there- please follow the steps up so that you can relearn (like a new baby) the new skills you need to live like a slimmer new you.

Goals for day one: tomorrow Sunday 26th September
3 shakes
stick to sole source
drink plenty of water - i usually struggle with this one during the first week
visit the gym- for some light walking and help me keep busy on a mundane Sunday.

For me diets never begin on a Monday, hence my Sunday being day one. If I can help anyone along the way give me a shout as I have alot of experience- both positive and negative as well as being a health psychologist.

Last edited:
How did it go today? Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Day One:
Thanks for the interest and the good luck chants- Shanny we can compare our up's and down's if we have started at the same time- how did you do? 16 to 10- in the end I did decide that Monday is the day for me to begin sole source.

How have I been

Day 2

Not bad. It helps that I am super busy as work. Boredom results in the mind wandering. I have had the usual heavy head but nothing which I can identify as a pain, so that is good.

It is very easy during the first couple of days to say sod it, thrown in the towel and begin tomorrow. However, i am adamant that I can't do this, as this usually causes more damage to you mentally.

So began the day with the first shake at 11.00 and one about 4.00. Trying to glug the water down as I know that this is the one thing that will speed up the ketosis and stop me from having a bad head.

First negative person has already said their piece. "Oh my god, are you back on those blood shakes again, you are going to be so miserable and end up losing no weight". I don't blame her as she has seen me going back and forth with the shake diets.

I've got so much more work to do - which is a good thing, as I need to keep myself extremley busy for the first week. Right, back to work and gluging the water. I want this more than anything else in the world right now, and I know that if you stick to the rules the weight will come of.

Back