Mindset Changed

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that from doing LT to now, which is 14 weeks my mindset has changed so much.

I had a very bad day today emotionally..wont go into the details....normally I would start eating (for those that dont know, I have suffered from eating disorders). Today, I didnt even contemplate binging! Never entered my mind as I am so happy with the new me.

I just went to Starbucks, and had a normal coffee with skimmed milk, sat and read a paper and thought hard about the situation.....

It is amazing and just wanted to share it, as I know sometimes we think once off LT (I am refeedin) that we will pile the weight back on...but we dont have to....control is in our hands and I feel I am gaining more control every day!

Keep at it everyone, it really does reward you, but use the time wisely whilst on LT to ask yourself why you eat and overeat, etc..it will help you when you do start to eat again.

Night night folks, after midnight and I am shattered :)

Thats great Iris!! Well done!!

I remember you saying about your eating disorder and I think its amazing you didnt even feel the urge to binge!

Be very proud of yourself! Im proud of you xxx

That's wonderful to hear! Well done! & very encouraging because eating again is definitely a concern.

Keep up that positivity, you must be very proud of yourself!

Hannah

Huge Hugs!! Sorry things aren`t so great for you at the moment Xxxxxx

I am SO proud tho that despite an eating disorder you didn`t even think of binging. That`s GREAT!!!

You should be as proud of yourself as we are.

Take care of you

Xxxxxx

Thanks Everyone

I suppose I was posting to say it is achievable once you lose the initial weight to keep it off, so long as you are in control :)

LT can give you that control :)

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi Scotsmist,
:happy096::happy096::happy096:
Well done to you for not returning to old habits when things got tough, you proved to yourself how strong you are and now you have a new way of dealing with the difficulties that life throws up.
Thanks for posting that at it does help the rest of us to know we can also overcome hard times without the food crutch.
Hope all is well.
Doirin

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you know that from doing LT to now, which is 14 weeks my mindset has changed so much.

I had a very bad day today emotionally..wont go into the details....normally I would start eating (for those that dont know, I have suffered from eating disorders). Today, I didnt even contemplate binging! Never entered my mind as I am so happy with the new me.

I just went to Starbucks, and had a normal coffee with skimmed milk, sat and read a paper and thought hard about the situation.....

It is amazing and just wanted to share it, as I know sometimes we think once off LT (I am refeedin) that we will pile the weight back on...but we dont have to....control is in our hands and I feel I am gaining more control every day!

Keep at it everyone, it really does reward you, but use the time wisely whilst on LT to ask yourself why you eat and overeat, etc..it will help you when you do start to eat again.

Night night folks, after midnight and I am shattered :)

Thanks Scotty, that's the kind of stuff we need to hear. I can't actually picture a world where I don't bury everything in food. It's really good to know it can be done.

WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well done Iris, that is so encouraging. Hope you feel better now. Enjoy your holiday.

x

well done hun 4 being so in control ...
you do inspire me with what youve lost but i must admit im really scared about eating again dont know why ........

well done hun 4 being so in control ...
you do inspire me with what youve lost but i must admit im really scared about eating again dont know why ........

What you are feeling is quite normal...I was petrified to say the least. I really didnt want to refeed and felt really upset about it...but now, I just feel that this is the next stage.

Dont use LT as your crutch..use the time not eating wisely and I am sure you will do ok. It isnt easy, but then again, I am hard with myself and say that the buck stops with me and my destiny is in my own hands. I have two choices every single day....and now, I dont even contemplate the bad, unhealthy eating road....cause I know it leads to destruction.

Not to say that wont ever happen and I may well struggle again, but for now, I am just getting stronger.

Dont fear refeed.if you are prepared, you will do ok..just dont go back to your old ways.

The guys on the refeed part of the forum have been absolutely brilliant and have supported me from day one of refeed....that type of support you just cant go wrong.

You will be ok...and if I can help by just bringing my experiences I will :)

Thanks for posting your experiences Scots Mist. It's comforting to know that it is possible to confront our demons after LT.

You must be so proud of the fact you handled your stress in such a controlled manner. You're in charge of your body, food isn't.

Yeah, I have done a bit of soul searching since I started and you're right, being on LT is the perfect time to try to find out why I let myself get in the state I'm in.

Good luck on the rest of your refeed but I doubt you'll need it as you're doing so well without it.

Well done - and proof again for me, that the really hard work takes place once we finish LT ;)

Keep it going though Scotsmist, and you will get there without even thinking about it one day!

Well done...and thank you for posting this.
Like you I've struggled with an eating disorder in the past and find that in times of emotional crisis I will binge and binge. It's really good to know that there are people who come out the other side with self-control and the ability to say 'No'.

Thank you for sharing. I'm only on the start of my journey but stories like yours really helps

xx

Well done...and thank you for posting this.
Like you I've struggled with an eating disorder in the past and find that in times of emotional crisis I will binge and binge. It's really good to know that there are people who come out the other side with self-control and the ability to say 'No'.

Thank you for sharing. I'm only on the start of my journey but stories like yours really helps

xx

Just keep your goal in the front of your mind and you will do it..it was reading this forum for almost a year that made me realise that I COULD do this....people were my inspiration and if they could do it so could I..You go for it, and before you know it you will be almost there and will be so proud of yourself!

Back