Minerva; Confessions of a Food Addict.

Good luck for today Min - I agree with you whole heartedly about pre-packed sushi, it's just not the same and has normally been chilled to within an inch of it's life.

Lol Gobby and Fong would not thank me if I pulled out the Sushi Knives!! But having said that, I have been to a Sushi place where they did just that, also put the knife through the crayfish head, then cut through the shell whilst it was still a wriggle ( it's an invertebrate so don't feel too bad) and cut the meat which you ate while it was still pulsing. Kind of weird and I wont try it again, but as a once in a lifetime thing why not. Have to say though I do not like raw sea urchin or raw calamari!!! Rubberised snot is what it tastes like - the rest is fab!

Jez (typing very quietly so as not to upset my fishies with all this talk of chopping up their relations!)
xx

xx

o.o ... thanks for that Jezzy... Very... descriptive...! :p

Hehehe, nah, I don't mind. I'm not too much into crayfish per se, there is some seafood which I just won't touch, like octupus... EEEK. It took me ages to get an appreciation for prawns, and all the way up to age of 18 I hated all forms of fish! Actually I think LL changed my taste buds a bit... or maybe they mature as you age... Not sure. :)

Why is it that I still feel incredibly guilty if I finish the plate of food in front of me? I had a very long day at University today (10am to 8pm!), so I had to get some lunch out (at about 4pm) since my boyfriend and I went more Property hunting, so; I had a lovely Spanish Omelette. ... It was delicious, but half-way through I felt comfortably full. ... But then I pushed myself to finish it - for the principle. I always try so hard to cut the calories out, so I made the effort to have them for once. But because I have tried so hard to re-educate myself to stop when I start to feel full, it's difficult to feel ok with actually finishing all of the food. Sometimes though when I do stop early - I may become hungry quite soon afterwards again. ... But that guilt isn't there... well sometimes it is, because I had to eat anything at all. It's like some part of my brain is so malfunctioned and is expecting me to live on air...?! :mad:
I mean, WHAT is that?! Even when I make myself some food, it's all been calculated, I know I can completely allow myself to eat all of it, I still feel bad about it.

In all this re-education I think I went a little too far in the opposite direction? :rolleyes:

28th September. Monday.

Breakfast: Bacon with Grilled Mushrooms. ~135
Mushrooms (15), 50g Bean Sprouts (15), Tomatoes (10), 50g Butter Beans (50), Bacon (30), Salad (15)

Late Lunch: Lunch at a Café: Spanish Omelette with Baby New Potatoes, Smoked Salmon and Mushrooms ~750
… Estimating a ‘Personal Pizza’ size omelette to be … about 750 calories? Is that realistic?… I guess I run in to trouble estimating these things when I don’t know what’s in them… But it didn’t seem greasy at all, had nice fresh ingredients, and no unwanted extras like weird salad dressing, or ketchup or whatever… So about 3 eggs, whole milk (I’m pretty sure they used it), 6 baby new jersey potatoes, 2 mushrooms and about 80g smoked salmon? Lightly fried and grilled… With a side salad which had no dressing. Meh.!

Dessert: 150g pot of Greek Yoghurt with Raspberries and Jelly. ~120

Snacks/Extras: Milk in Coffee, Vitamins (50) ~ 50

[FONT=&quot]Totals: Around 1100.[/FONT]

ooo no - i don't like the sound of that. veggie sushi for me please
daisy x

Veggie choices aren't bad, but ... tofu I can't get my head around. The texture just makes me gag, it's so .. squishy. Solid yet jelly like, and kinda tasteless. ... *shudder*.

Meh... I'm tired, stressed, and absolutely terrified. I want to do well on this Masters, and the pressure of fearing of failure is exhausting. The more my mind spins out of control with all the things I need to do, research, and find out - the more I get confused, where do I start? How do I find the time? How, where, why? I'm trying to be systematic and organisation is the key, but I seem to want to do everything all at once. It's not even been 1 week yet! And then the mounting pressures from everywhere else, life, chores, how do people in the real world cope?
Today I spent doing household chores and some preparation reading for a module tomorrow, and bleh, food did kind of go out the window.

29th September. Tuesday.

Breakfast: Garlic Omelette. ~100
Lunch: Vegetable Salad. ~100
Dinner: Caribbean Turkey Stir-Fry with Noodles. ~410
Dessert: Jelly Yoghurt Pot. ~130
Totals: 800

H Min I sympathise. It is stressful juggling everything in life and trying to do it all perfectly.

I have just written a blog yesterday where I recognise I am currently stressed to the eyeballs, and that a lot of it is self-induced as I have high standards and expectations of myself - work, family, hubbie, home, mother, kids activities, garden. I just can't do it all and have to learn to say no to some things and also to allow myself to be less than the perfect mum, wife, worker, daughter. Not meeting my standards and expectations means that I make myself feel like a failure and become depressed - and that makes me more upset and stressed.

The stress means I don't sleep enough, which means I get more stressed as I am too tired to function properly. Stress and tiredness is a viious cycle for me and is making me crave food - I have eaten five packs on a few days now. I go the other way to you - and become obsessed by food, when I can eat next etc. Bed early last night to avoid the extra pack scenario. Had a very loud voice in my head saying it would be fine to eat another one.

Learn to allow yourself to be less than perfect. Decide which aspects of life are most important at this time and then set some realistic targets for all areas. Don't forget your 'me' time.

Hugs xx

Hey Min

Hope your day has been fabulous and the studies are going well. Try not stress so much about your course, you will handle it all brilliantly :) Make sure you take a little time out each day just for you too.

Jez
xx

(I send my thanks to both of you lovely ladies! :hug99: )

But not really stopping ... was an extremely long day... I'm exhausted, have a headache, stressed, worried, ugh. No time. Panic! Need sleep, but I can't sleep with all these thoughts which just won't shut up. Ugh. Never ending cycle. No time to stop, even if I try to relax, I can't.

Ow, my head ...

30th September. Wednesday.

Breakfast: Butter Beans with Mushrooms. ~80
Lunch: Ham, Pickle and Salad Half-Sandwich. ~90
Late Afternoon Snack: Prawns with salad. ~90
Dinner: Beef Chilli with Wild Rice and Veg. ~410
Dessert: Jelly Yoghurt Pot. ~130
Totals: 850

Try some of the sleep calmz or natura sleep - brilliant stuff, totally natural, no groggy feeling at all just helps you drift off. I have used them many times over the years when I am stressed and can't sleep. It seems the less you sleep the more you stress because you know you need sleep etc? A little vicious circle begins. I think after a few weeks with your course it will all settle down. Are you taking meals in with you or just buying as healthily as you can? Also could you take a little nut or dried fruit snack with you to nibble on to up the calsa bit?

Keep your chin up chicken, we are all rooting for ya :)

Jez
xx

(I send my thanks to both of you lovely ladies! :hug99: )

But not really stopping ... was an extremely long day... I'm exhausted, have a headache, stressed, worried, ugh. No time. Panic! Need sleep, but I can't sleep with all these thoughts which just won't shut up. Ugh. Never ending cycle. No time to stop, even if I try to relax, I can't.

Come on Min! You know that you need to eat more to function properly at your current weight. Absolutely have time to put some nuts in your pocket, or add an extra egg and some fat to your omelette. Some cheese in your sandwich. You eat cheese? Proper cheese?

Your calories have got to go up. You can control that whilst other things feel like they are spinning out of control.

Just do it Min! At least 1,000kcal for this week.

Lots of love :hug99:

Min, you are too hard on yourself, but you probably don't need me to tell you that. What you need to tell yourself is you would not be doing a Masters course if the lecturers thought you could not manage it...full stop. They have faith in your ability, just try to have some too.

TI, you gave great advice to Min there, how about taking some of your own hun?...ohh god that sounds harsh, it's not meant to be. It's just meant to point out we can always see how to help others but sometimes its not so easy to help ourselves. Give yourself a great big pat on the back for everything you achieve. You both make me feel so lazy....lol....:O

Hey Min, just catching up with your blog.

Some really good developments and you're obviously more focussed on the food thing than when I last looked, but still not there yet.

I hope the last 5 days have settled into more of a routine for you & the stresses and strains are subsiding with familiarity. I do agree with Min though you've enough change going on without depriving youself of calories, you'll need them even more at times of change/challenge.

Hope you're well, you know what a help you've been to me & many others, take some time to re-read your sage advice and take it yourself :)

?
u OK Min
daisy x

Hey Min - How's things? Your post is a bit worrying...... You OK? xx

Come on min

You are the one who recognises you fight yourself.
People here care about you and are worried. Just let us know you are okay.
I know this eating is a big deal for you, but you've got to get it back in focus. Don't let it control you.
You have proved YOU can be the one in control.
xxxxx

Meh. Just finding it hard to break the cycle. I actually honestly don't know how to get out anymore by myself - which is worrying.

Any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
Back