minging question.... sorry

carrieclaus

Gold Member
if/ when/ or have prevously you have fallen off plan or had a planned meal does anyone have ridiculously smelly burps? i had this when i went onto rtm and thought it was maybe an intolerance but then it dissapeared after a while. this week with my lapses im suffering everyday. it honestly smells like poo...:wave_cry:
tho the extent that everyone will ask who has let one rip and i have to say "i burped":wave_cry::cry:...
im gonna google it but wasnt sure if it was because my tummy isnt used to digesting proper foods. ( i find its worse after fruit juice and cheese) xx

i googled this and it seems it can be a few things... a side effect of ibs which i have been diagnosed with in the past and problems with the gall bladder...... mmm we shall see. xx

Your body's digestive enzymes change with time, if you eat one type of food for long enough - your body will adapt enough to digest it more properly.
Let's say you lived on a diet of vegetables - which are infamous for making a person very flatulent, so think cauliflower, cabbage, and the like. At first, you will have many rubbery farts, high frequency, simply because your body just can't digest it properly... However, after a while, they subside and soon enough there is no sign of any of this.
I had this experience when I was doing Lighter Life Lite, after a while I was fine living on a vegetable / pack diet... However, when I introduced something I hadn't eaten for a very long time (bread) - my body just wasn't used to it anymore. I had sulphorous burps (think rotten eggs), bloated stomach, and diarrhea. It does sound an awful lot like IBS at this point, but it's just your body not used to the type of food you've not had for a long time.

Having said this, your past history of IBS will probably have some effect, I can't say I felt those extremes when going into the normal routine of RTM. Perhaps you are more sensitive to dietary changes, so, a slower approach may be beneficial.

Not been too well... Struggling. Bleh.

You know, caught in that cycle that is so hard to get out of.

Maybe I'll start up a blog again.. Who knows. I really need to fix things...

Back