Mini detox?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Hey all...
Been AWOL for a bit. Haven't been back on track since my holiday and am feeling a bit frazzled and stupidly busy. So, time to do something about it and get back on with it!

Has anyone done a little detox or something to kick start the body? I'm thinking clean eating, lots of fruit and veg, lean white meat, pulses, nuts and seeds, brown rice etc. Still keeping to 1200 cals but much better cals lol!

Would love some ideas

Thank you

H x

Hi there! I'm a vegan and minus the lean white meat that's the sort of food I eat every day (along with crisps, and the surprising variety of vegan biscuits available in supermarkets...). When I first made the switch I was amazed at the difference I felt, try and avoid processed grains (white bread, sugar, pasta.. etc), lots of water of course! Try experimenting with other grains, quinoa, bulgar wheat, cous cous - all really delicous, slow-releasing and very healthful (brown rice and green lentils together are a fab source of protein) or what I like to do if I can't quite fit the calories of a grain into my meals is to make my sauce/stirfry/whatever and eat it over a jacket potato instead. Soup is a fantastic way to eat tasty low calorie whilst packing in oodles of veg, and try fresh fruit salads for puddings, a really delicious recipe is nice sweet blueberries, with pineapple wedges, fresh mint leaves and a squeeze of papaya over the top, seriously yummy, seriously low in calories! If you can face it try and incorporate an entirely raw meal a day, there's loads of info on the benefits of a raw diet available online.
I can also recommend green teas, my fave is green tea with citrus, great iced or hot, and smoothies - power smoothies with lots of dark, leafy greens are a great way to start the day! I'm sure there are loads of dairy/meaty recipes that would fit in with your mini detox too, there's loads of healthy eating recipes across the web and I hope I've helped a little, good luck with shifting those lbs and I hope you notice a difference in how you feel once you start eating cleanly I for on notice that after a few days of eating crap food I find myself craving fresh fruits and veggies, which is a lovely change from craving chocolate and takeaways :D xx

Carol vordamon does a detox 2 wk plan.
I bought some alpro almond milk last week as I try to keep dairy to a minimum with my children, as dairy really affects their eczema. I quite like it, and it is a great source of calcium, and many of the B vitamins.

mcv said:
Carol vordamon does a detox 2 wk plan.
I bought some alpro almond milk last week as I try to keep dairy to a minimum with my children, as dairy really affects their eczema. I quite like it, and it is a great source of calcium, and many of the B vitamins.

i love almond milk and almonds in general, im soooo glad alpro started making it at affordable price, i used to buy it in holland and barret for £3.5 per litre! im waiting for alpro to make the unsweetend version xxx

Brilliant thank you! Really helpful. I'm a big fan of grains and pulses and I love the idea of raw eating although I've never consciously tried it.
You've given me some fab ideas. Thanks x

Last edited:
HellieCopter said:
Brilliant thank you! Really helpful. I'm a big fan of grains and pulses so happy to get those in there but you've given me some fab ideas. Thanks x

I wrote more than that and for some reason only half of it posted!!

Back