Minimemo's - The rantings of a mad woman!

minimemo

Hi All
This is day 5 of induction so far so good!! not sure I'm eating enough but seriously cannot eat any more!!!

Just alittle bit about me, I have hit the big 40 where did that go! still 18 in my head.
I have been yo-yoing for years, but slowly the weight has crept up, having been ill for the last 18 months, receiving treatment etc, now that is hopefully behind me I need to deal with my weight issue once and for all!

So my food diary for day 5 is:
Cup of hot water with lemon
bottle of water
Breakfast (after girls have gone to school)
3 egg omlette 1/4 of mattesons sausage, handful of greens
2nd bottle of water

So far have not managed to fits snacks in between meals, will that slow my weight lose down? I am reaaly struggling with not drinking tea, as am a tea guzzler normally, I suppose some habits have to change!
Anyway rambling over with for now, ttfn j

Rant away hun - this is your diary so go for it :D

Menu looks good! How do you feel about decaf tea? I drank about 6-8 cups of tea/coffee/diet coke a day and now am down to 1-2 - and feel a lot better for it, so do give it a go :)

Oh and a friend said to me today, when I told her I was 50, that 50 is the new 30 - which makes you 20 :D

Thanks Hun
I have tried and quite liked red bush but i still need to put milk in it!!
I have bought vanilla red bush, but again not really getting in to it?
glugging away at water, not sure how long i can keep it up, cause i start to feel really cold!
also had an atkins day break bar this afternoon, it was utterly awful!!!!
cheers j x

Mmmm avoid the Atkins bars if you can, they are full of fake sugar and miles away from what Dr Atkins intended.

What about trying unsweetened soya milk? I found it took some getting used to but now I love it. And a lot of people use cream :)

Hi and welcome:). Keep posting and we'll help when you need it! Good luck x

Hi and welcome! I never thought I could get my head around unsweetened soya milk but I actually enjoy it now... Moonlights puts vanilla and sweetener in it and has a hot milk before bedtime ...

Hope you enjoy this woe... It's fantastic! X :)

And it's looooovely. I remember not liking soya milk years ago but it got much nicer along the way.

Welcome and good luck!

Thanks Girls
your support and kind words are much welcome!!!
and as for trying soya milk, I think I will have to give it a go thanks for the tip
j x

Wed 13th day 6
Not had a minute to myself today!! Finally made myself sit down and make a list of things to do in prep for hols in 7 wks 3days, not that I'm counting, or any thing!!!lol
Spent some time getting quotes for travel insurance and because of my diagnosis and everything.... one company quoted me over £300!!!! :eek:
Yet another company quoted £67, how can there be such a difference!!!
I've drank 3 creamy coffees today yum, no more for me today!
I had fried mushrooms with a fried egg, never realised how nice sprinkled cheese on mushrooms could be, nomnomnom
For tea cant make my mind up, decisions decisions....
While I'm on a roll has any one been to lanzarote recently, is it cheaper to buy toiletries when we are over there or here???? I've been told it is:confused:
So far so good, in regards of craving carbs! when should I expect it to hit me????
thanks j x

Maybe never! I haven't had any really bad carb cravings in a couple of months. The closer you stick to the plan, the less likely you are to crave. People can feel like they're in 'withdrawal' for the first few days, but even then, not everyone.

Day 7
Had a lovely day, had lunch with a friend who is also on atkins, which is brilliant for extra support, again today has been good, no interest in carbs not really missing them! I'm wondering if it will hit me when I'm due on???
Breakfast
5 small rashers of bacon plus 2 fried eggs, yum!
lunch
feta+ olives in olive oil with salad, yum yum!!
Dinner
chicken cooked in butter seasoned with paprika + chilli flakes also savoy cabbage + broccoli

I cant wait for weigh in day tomorrow!! I know I've lost some cause i can get in my jeans that the other week I couldnt fasten!!!woohoo:D

Menus sound brilliant - and good luck for tomorrow :)

Can't help you on the Lanzarote front I'm afraid, not been to Spain yet :(

First weigh in today and I've lost 6lb which I am made up with:D
Any thing like that next week and I will be on cloud 9!!!wopwop
Breakfast
Jamie Olivers italian sausages (OMG!!! they are gorgeous!!!)
fried egg in butter + olive oil
2 sm rashers of bacon (Tescos unsmoked medillions)
Lunch
Feta + olives green salad
Dinner
3 Sausages (So good I had to have them again!!)
2 fried eggs
I had a coffee at morrisons so that I could aquire some cream pots!!!! havent found anywhere that sells them lol!!!!
Feeling positive, staring to feel a difference, bring on the holiday!!!!
j x

Mega loss and what looks like a tasty day! Well done on the fantastic start!

Sunday morning, day 10
I've got a really busy day, being a taxi for my daughter, she's watching a live show at Media City in Salford! she is so excited!!!
and then I'm going to see a woman about a tattoo!!! wop wop, I'm really excited wanted one like for ever, never really knowing what to have, after all the sh!t I have been through I want no regrets, so I'm getting it done!!!!
Has any one else got any nice tattoos?????
j x

How did you get on about the tattoo? Choose something that is meaningful to you, and will continue to be so in the future :)

Still not managed to get to the tattoo parlour:( with one thing and another, I'm determined I'm gonna get there this week. I'll put a picture up when I get the template done.

Diet is still on track but I must admitt I cant resist weighing myself every other day, which has put a complete downer on the day as I have only lost 1/2 pound, totally gutted!!!!
cause I'm only on 2nd week induction and thought i would have another great loss. Does your weight loss slow/stall if having below 20g of carbs per day. The only other thing I can think it could be is on sat I ate out, had a massive ham salad with what looked like home-made caulsaw???

I have now started tracking food on fitnesspal, so i can get some kind of idea of the about of fat and carbs i am taking in.
I am struggling to have snacks inbetween meals could that be a cause? to be honest I'm struggling to have lunch as i'm still not hungry.

Back