Minimins Summer 2021 Challenge.

As you say no gain so overall a good result @pratainua.
Ive recopied the list as it had been updated since. @SmallSteps97 did you have a goal set as we seem to have lost it if you did sorry

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 7lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 9kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
Lil miss chatterbox 5.5lb/42lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
Shrinkingvioletnomore 18/21
SmallSteps97

Im finally on the move and feel like i have started the challenge properly. Ive lost 1.3kg this week. The swimming is finally paying off. 🏊‍♀️👍😜. A bit late to just get moving in the challenge but any loss is a good loss. And i only have 5.3kg to go between now and next Wednesday🤣

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 7lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 9kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97
That’s an amazing loss well done!

I’m back. I would love to say with great results but alas no.
I have weighed in every week but I was not at home and I couldn’t remember my password. So I now weigh the same as I weighed 3 weeks ago. I gained 1.8lb the first week, lost 1.4lb the second week and only a loss of 0.4lb this week which brings me back to the same as I was. So a total loss of 1lb for the challenge but at least I haven’t gained.
Well done to all of you. And looking forward to the next challenge. Life continues to be chaotic for me but still life has to go on.

Tipperary 0.5kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 5lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 6/12
LittleElle 8.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
Shrinkingvioletnomore /21
A pound off is so much better than the alternative! And you still have next week!

😱 I've bloody done it! 😱
My first thoughts on the challenge was that I wanted to get to 80kg, then I thought I'd like to see if 10kg was doable.

I did have a bit of an "Eat The World" blip during the week of my birthday in May, and also throughout the first week of being on crutches (I've got another 5 weeks of crutches to go), but I had a few chats with myself, and I feel fully in control now.

I'm so glad I found this group, it has helped to keep me grounded and accountable, and reading everybody's losses, gains and maintains has helped me feel more human and normal during the various stages.

I wish you all so much love, and look forward to the next challenge, and I'm hugely looking forward to seeing you all around the boards in our futures.

Good luck with your journeys, you are all fantastic.

Thankyou so much for arranging the challenge.

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 7lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97

😱 I've bloody done it! 😱
My first thoughts on the challenge was that I wanted to get to 80kg, then I thought I'd like to see if 10kg was doable.

I did have a bit of an "Eat The World" blip during the week of my birthday in May, and also throughout the first week of being on crutches (I've got another 5 weeks of crutches to go), but I had a few chats with myself, and I feel fully in control now.

I'm so glad I found this group, it has helped to keep me grounded and accountable, and reading everybody's losses, gains and maintains has helped me feel more human and normal during the various stages.

I wish you all so much love, and look forward to the next challenge, and I'm hugely looking forward to seeing you all around the boards in our futures.

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 7lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97
Firstly congratulations and what a lovely post. It shows what we can do when we put our mind to it despite adversities. I am wanting to exercise but for the past 6 weeks out of bounds. I am on strict rest for my hip. I have bursitis. I can't have the first line of treatment an anti inflammatory such as ibrufen or naproxen due to being on an anticoagulant (blood thinner) So I am being a human pin cushion :rotflmao: and having acupuncture, It is helping but I am being Miss Impatience :classic_eek: At the end of this week I can start to do one gentle stretch exercise. I can not even when not hop along Cassidy do much in the way of exercise cos of MS but I have been doing some Pilate as structured by my lovely physio.

😱 I've bloody done it! 😱

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 7lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97
🎉🎉

Firstly congratulations and what a lovely post. It shows what we can do when we put our mind to it despite adversities. I am wanting to exercise but for the past 6 weeks out of bounds. I am on strict rest for my hip. I have bursitis. I can't have the first line of treatment an anti inflammatory such as ibrufen or naproxen due to being on an anticoagulant (blood thinner) So I am being a human pin cushion :rotflmao: and having acupuncture, It is helping but I am being Miss Impatience :classic_eek: At the end of this week I can start to do one gentle stretch exercise. I can not even when not hop along Cassidy do much in the way of exercise cos of MS but I have been doing some Pilate as structured by my lovely physio.
Oh bursitis is horrible and awful you can’t take nsaids for it. Hope you recover soon!

Well done @LittleElle and what an inspiration to us all. The next challenge is already up, the High Summer challenge (I couldn't bare to call it Autumn 🙄). Link up above somewhere.
@purpleorc ouch. I have bursitis too. I find Ibuprofen does nothing for it at all, if it's really bad paracetamol takes the sting from the pain but does nothing to relieve it. There are days I can't get from the office to the car to get home that's why I haven't been walking at all now. And it's why I have been swimming but swim with my arms only. The hardest part of swimming is once again the walk back to the car. I get cortisone injections into the hip every now and then, well I've had 2 and due another one about now but stretching it as long as I can. I usually spend Sundays flat on my back on the couch with my hip slightly raised. It doesn't relive it but it stops it getting worse. I now have an emergency crutch in the office as one day it was so bad I couldn't get up from the chair. It's also now the driving force to lose weight, less weight on the hip is less pain I am hoping. I also had a tear in my hip which the consultant isn't really paying much attention to but that is causing worse pain and it travels the length of my leg and also pulls on my back. He says I'm still mobile so it's fine and when I stop moving he will give me a hip replacement 🙄. F€ck that, I want to be able to move now.
Anyway, well done all and we still have a few days left.

Well done @LittleElle and what an inspiration to us all. The next challenge is already up, the High Summer challenge (I couldn't bare to call it Autumn 🙄). Link up above somewhere.
@purpleorc ouch. I have bursitis too. I find Ibuprofen does nothing for it at all, if it's really bad paracetamol takes the sting from the pain but does nothing to relieve it. There are days I can't get from the office to the car to get home that's why I haven't been walking at all now. And it's why I have been swimming but swim with my arms only. The hardest part of swimming is once again the walk back to the car. I get cortisone injections into the hip every now and then, well I've had 2 and due another one about now but stretching it as long as I can. I usually spend Sundays flat on my back on the couch with my hip slightly raised. It doesn't relive it but it stops it getting worse. I now have an emergency crutch in the office as one day it was so bad I couldn't get up from the chair. It's also now the driving force to lose weight, less weight on the hip is less pain I am hoping. I also had a tear in my hip which the consultant isn't really paying much attention to but that is causing worse pain and it travels the length of my leg and also pulls on my back. He says I'm still mobile so it's fine and when I stop moving he will give me a hip replacement 🙄. F€ck that, I want to be able to move now.
Oh my that’s awful I did a lot of research a few years ago for my rheumatoid on weight loss and the benefits thinking it’d mostly be the pressure and impact.

it’s very interesting to look at the impact of sugar on inflammation in the body and adipose fat actually behaves like an organ and releases hormones that create inflammation in the body-there’s been new research published this year in this, well worth reading for motivation.

Yep @Shrinkingvioletnomore I have really cut back on inflammatory foods. A rare slice of bread as a treat and wine at the weekend. I had cake and pizza and wine yesterday and am paying for it now along with a craving for more carb based foods but will resist.

I can relate so much to what you are saying. I believe in the end I will end up having a steroid injection to ease the pain for a bit. If I have just walked around the supermarket the pain increases significantly. Haven't found any magic position where it doesn't hurt me. I so desperately want to get exercising now my weight loss has stalled and exercise helps the scales move in the right direction.

Well I wanted to end the challenge on a high alas not to be I gained 2lb. I have been on plan 100% I am hoping it is fluid retention after having gammon and homemade soup both a little more salt than maybe than I normally have, the rest of the week I have been on to losing a pound then overnight I magically find 2lb lol

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 5lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97

Yep @Shrinkingvioletnomore I have really cut back on inflammatory foods. A rare slice of bread as a treat and wine at the weekend. I had cake and pizza and wine yesterday and am paying for it now along with a craving for more carb based foods but will resist.
It’s crazy how much you can feel it then when you do have some . I had fondant yesterday and paying for it today 🙈😂

Well I wanted to end the challenge on a high alas not to be I gained 2lb. I have been on plan 100% I am hoping it is fluid retention after having gammon and homemade soup both a little more salt than maybe than I normally have, the rest of the week I have been on to losing a pound then overnight I magically find 2lb lol

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 5lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97
Challenge doesn’t end to mid week and it is most definitely gammon bloat!

And we are finished today. My weight today is the same as last Fridays weigh in so I end up with only a total of 2.3kgs lost out of a goal of 7.6kg. Not great at all but I know what I did and I have made some changes including going swimming when I can.

Next challenge is now ready to go for anyone else who wants to sign up.

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 5lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
SmallSteps97

So my scales when backwards today to wind me up 😂 but 1.8 lost this week so ended up only 1.2 shy of my target so not so bad.

Tipperary 2.3kg/7.6kg
ChilliQ 1.5lb/10lb
purpleorc 5lb/10lb
Pratainua 1/14lb
Simone45 7.25lb/10.75lb
Boofle 7.5/12
LittleElle 10.5kg/10kg
Rsr96/ srrs21 0/28lbs
MrsTeacup 3/14lbs
DeeOne_UK 7lbs/16lbs
Charlotte_k 0lbs/10lbs
Susie58 1lb/33lb
French Chic 3.4lb/15lb
Misty Angel 3.5lbs/9 lbs
Sibbi 0.2kg/4.3kg
Shrinkingvioletnomore 19.8/21
SmallSteps97

And we are finished.🏁. Well done to those that did well👏and more importantly well done to those that struggled but kept going and kept posting 🎯. We are in this for long term loss.

Remember new High Summer Challenge is open and runs to the end of September.

Thanks @purpleorc. On to the next challenge. And hopefully I will actually have a loss to report by September.
And I too suffer from bursitis @purpleorc and @tipperary. My movement has been severely restricted this year. I am going to get a steroid injection soon. It has taken a long time for my doctor to put a name on what was wrong with me but at least I know that much now. I need to know now what caused it as I don’t think it is overuse and I haven’t suffered a trauma. I am not sure I am going to like the answer though.
I am off to read up on inflammatory foods now @Shrinkingvioletnomore.
Any way I have joined the next challenge and hopefully I will have a better result.

Well done @LittleElle. What a fantastic result. Your determination has really paid off. You should be very proud of yourself. Well done
And well done to all the rest of the losers. Every lb lost is a great achievement!

Last edited:
Happy with my 71/2 out of 12 target, now onto the next challenge. Good luck everyone xx

Last edited:
Back