Minimise-me's Goodbye Fatty Diary!

I feel like i am going crazy!

I got up this morning and weighed myself...gutted that i have put a 1lb on!!! grrrr! I am trying to blame everything else, like the weather etc, but ti be honest i feel really heavy today too! I know it sounds pathetic, its only 1lb, but i still feel gutted because i have have been exercising and not pigging out:(

Anyway for breakfast this morning i have had a slice of whole meal toast with a touch of spread on and a poached egg. I ate it slowly and i managed to drink 500mls of water with it.

I am going to make some BNS soup for lunch today but god knows what i will have for tea as it is friday and i shop on a saturday so its what ever we have in!

Its sunny so might do the 4k walk again today if i have chance, off to do some housework and continue to work on my essay :confused:

I know what you can blame...stress!!!. My old Weight Watcher leader used to say that being stressed was a major factor in gaining weight. You've been working very hard on your essay this week so blame that!.
You're doing all the right things so I bet you'll be really happy next week. I used to always lose three weeks out of a month and then sts/gain on the fourth..it was a pattern..this is just your bad week.
We'll be swimming in water with this challenge you've set so you'll definately be down next week..chin up!
The weather is lovely here so we're going to head to the park too..I'm going to run up and down the hills & chase my little fella..he'll sleep tonight when I'm finished with him!

I know how disheartening it can be when the numbers on the scales don't seem to reflect your efforts....... but you really do need to try not to weigh yourself every day ;) Weight can fluctuate as much as 5lb either way from day to day and you're really not doing yourself any favours by popping on and off them every day.

I do know how hard it is, I used to be exactly the same and I would get SO down when the numbers weren't kind. I decided enough was enough and stopped doing it. I now only weigh on a Monday morning, no cheeky in-between 'checks' and it's so much better for my peace of mind.

Good luck :) xx

Well fingers crossed i do get a few lbs down next week!

I have been soooo good today that i am actually going to tell you what i ate!

Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal toast with a poached egg (approx 4.5 old ww points) 500mls of water

Lunch: Home made zero points butternut squash, red onion and pepper soups with 2 slices of bread and spread (about 5 points including the spread). 500mls of water. followed by a little carrot cake slice (1.5 points) and a cup of tea.

Dinner: 1 birds eye crispy chicken portion (3.5 points) with salad and a bit of colslaw (1.5points) 500ml or water

Evening snack - cadburys highlights drink (1 point) and a finger of twix (3 points)
My total was 20 points!

I didn't exercise today :confused: but i have spent all day digging out mine and the boys bedrooms and having a good clear out of junk and dust and hover!

I have ordered my food from tesco to be delivered so i could shop a bit more wisely, so hopefully i will do better next week and i have a few recipes to try out!

Wow, how freaky..I saw a recipe here for that soup earlier and made up a batch of it..it was delicious!. I have some in a flask for work tommorrow.
That menu is super healthy so you will be grand next week. And you killed two birds in one stone with your bedroom clear-out..God, I hate cleaning!!!!

I know the soup is lovely I made some last week as well and I also have some ready for lunch today! Oh I hate cleaning but I usually end up doing a proper job of it once I do start it! I am up mega early with Noah this morning (5:45) so its going to feel like a long day!

5.45am!!!...Arrrgh!!...you poor thing. I just saw a lovely recipe that you might be interested in on the Slimming World thread for Mediterranean Vegetable & Tomato Soup. It's going to be a soup week for me this week.
Are you going to go for a walk today?...or maybe a snooze!!

I managed to have a snooze at 8am when hubby took over the kids for an hour. Its a miserable day here today so doubt i am going for my walk, i like sunshine!!! I have had a clear out of the kitchen cupboards and the fridge, just waiting for my tesco delivery! I am going to make my own ferrero rocher chocolates today with crunched up ryvita and nuttella, its a slimming world recipe!

I have been terrible with the exercise the past few days but i am defo going to do some zumba tonight!

Had a fairly good day today even though i had a mc donalds for dinner!!

Breakfast - Bowl of special K and Milk (4points)

Snack - Cup of Tea with a carrot cake slice (1.5points)

Lunch - BNS soup, 1 slice of bread and butter and 2 dry water biscuits (4 points)

Snack - 1 snack a jack (1 point)

Dinner - 6 McChicken nuggets and medium fries (9points)

Total 19.5 points! :D

I did 20 mins of Zumba too :)

Can't believe i have been to mc donalds but its within my points so it should be no problem!
Despite saying i would stop weighing myself every morning looking for a glimpse of hope that i am losing i did this morning and i am back to 13st 13lbs! :p Plus i set my scales so that i could check my fat percentage...41%:mad: Hoping to get that down to about 27%

So today is my 2nd weigh in and i didn't lose any! :cry:

But i have been recording my bust waist and hip measurements and i lost 1.7 inches this week so maybe all the water has helped :D

I am finding it really easy on the old WW programme and i am never hungry so that's a blessing i am hoping that at least knowing the points value of something makes me more aware of what i am eating and helps me to make better choices.
I am defo keeping up with my water challenge this week as despite all the running to the loo i know it is doing me some good...not sure how i will cope the week after next when i am community nursing for 8 weeks :rolleyes:
I am hoping to get my tae bo dvd delivered next week so i will crack on with that too. I am hoping to do the 4k walk today but it looks like it might rain, i know i should just put my rain coat on and do it anyway!!!

Hey!..Inches off is better than what the scales tells you. After you start the Tae Bo next week, you'll be even more toned. I know what you mean about the water..it's getting embarrassing here in work!
Hope you can get out for the walk..you'll feel better for it later. I'm getting off work at 3 and I'm going to have a lash at Billy when I get home..I missed him yesterday :character00116:

I'm having a horrible day :(

Food so far today has been -

B - ww pain au chocolat 3.5p
1 slice of toast 1.5p
1/2 banana 1p

L - Poached egg on a slice of toast 3p
Snack a jack 1p

D - shepherds pie with carrot and swede topping ?p
Snack a jack 1p

then i have had intervals of wanting something so i have had a ww cake bar, 3 tea spoons of angel delight, and i had some nutella spread because i was DESPERATE for some chocolate!!!
I really do feel as if i could just go and pig out :mad:
I haven't drank enough water today at all as every time i fill my bottle up either my little boy wants it or i end up having to do something so don't get to drink it! :sigh:
My billy blanks DVD still hasn't arrived and so far today i have done no exercise. I have to crack on with my essay as soon as i get the kids settled and my hubby isn't much help as he fell off his bike (drunk!) and has hurt his shoulder :rolleyes:

I am shattered already and just feel like i need a break from life at the moment!

Aw no, I hate days like that...make a nice cup of tea and have a chocolate biccy..one will get rid of the craving-don't count it, just add it to your total tommorrow and start afresh..no guilt!
Other than that, your menu so far is healthy.
Take today as an exercise rest day and when you've finished your essay work, get some sleep. I bet after a bit of sleep, things will look up..plus you can't eat when you're asleep, lol. I missed my date with Billy today too..he'll dump us!
As for your hubby, all I have to say is that they're all the same...hmmf.

Aw thanks for the encouragement and support hun :) I am just stressed out at the moment because of all the work i have on and i feel like i never get enough me time (will defo have to work on that!) I have been working tonight so have managed not to eat anything but got hungry so i have had 2 slices of ww fruit loaf, only 1p a slice so not so bad! I am off to wrap hubby's presents as its his birthday tomorrow then i am going to sleep, think i need to start going to bed earlier again, far too tired lately! Catch you tomorrow and hope your doing well :)

I had another early start to the day, it is my hubby's birthday so i let him have a lie in and i got the boys ready for school.
I got two things today that i am hoping will help me get to goal...my billy blanks Tae Bo dvd and my george foreman grill!

So i have used both! Although in the last 5 minutes of the dvd my sister in law popped in and i sort of felt a bit embarrassed kicking and boxing the air whilst huffing and panting!

Food wise -

Breakfast - WW croissant with some spread and a bit of jam (6:30am!!!!)

Lunch - small banana, slice of ww malt loaf and a crumpet with low fat spread

Snack - decided i needed a bit of chocolate so i had a triple biscuit!

Dinner - grilled butternutt squash chips, peppers, red onion and mushrooms with a grilled chicken breast coated in cajun spices (all cooked on the george foreman!) and some reduced fat sour cream and chive dip.

I made pancakes for the kids and i had about 3 tiny pieces that i had cut up for Noah just to get rid of the craving to eat a plate full!

I am feeling a bit stressed again, mainly because of my hubby who is driving me insane with his constant moaning about housework. I am a full time student nurse, i work 37.5 hours a week and i have written work, reading and i have to look after 4 kids a house and a husband. I spent the whole day cleaning the bedrooms last week, and they are trashed again...i have a huge pile of stuff in my bedroom waiting to be put in the loft which he by passes every day:mad: I feel like am constantly tidying the playroom as its where i work too, and every time i put any of my stuff down he moans at me that the place is a tip!:mad: He is obsessed with the house being tidy, but he only worries about the living room and the kitchen and ignores any other mess! Its getting me really down and i have told him i can't cope with him twittering on all the time about what i have or haven't done, even when i do clean up its not the way he does it!!! He has a cushty life, he doesn't work (and therefore doesn't bring a penny in!) and he gets everything he wants including time out with his friends.

I am off out tomorrow night, my brother and i are taking our parents out for a meal, just the four of us, and i am really looking forward to it, but he just made anal comments about how i could afford to pay for everyone food! I get so fed up, i earn the money and he spends it, but i seem to get moaned at if i want to do something! :sigh:....sorry rant over... i feel better now;)

Hey Ho! It been 3 days since i wrote in here i have had the most awful, stressful week, My hubby has broken his shoulder, and as i am due out on a community placement for 7 weeks starting on monday, we have had to ask family to help us look after Noah. Anyway my mum is having him for two weeks and i am having to take 2 weeks leave of absence that i have to make up in the summer. Total nightmare!

I still have this huge problem of hoping on and off the scales everyday, but to be honest i feel that it helps me to see its working, like i lost 2.5lbs by wednesday of this week, but i have not been counting points since then, although i had still been careful and i would say that i had only just gone over them. Anyway last night i was so fed up that i went to sainsburys and ended up buying a bottle of wine and a jam rolly polly with custard!!! :eek:
I only had 1 small glass of wine but i did eat the pudding and to be honest afterwards i didn't feel guilty but i did think it wasn't worth the calories and fat! - jumped on the scales this morning and i have put 1lbs back on but i'm not even going to think twice on it, i have still lost this week and likely hood is if i weigh myself again after my shower and washing and drying my hair that pound will have gone haha! :rolleyes:

I have a busy weekend, i have the food shopping to do this morning then lots of revision to do for my placement and then i have to get Noah's stuff packed up to go to my mums on sunday night (he won't be home until wednesday and its going to be awful for us!) :cry:
Doubt i am going to get much exercise in this coming week but i will try harder with the water (thats been rubbish too) and i will try not to wander with the food!

Hey, don't worry about the dessert..it's just one blip...all the running around you're doing this weekend will zap those calories off!
Stay positive and you'll do great on the scales this week.

Well i haven't been here for over a week i think! I have been so busy working and looking after the boys and running here there and everywhere that i just haven't had the energy to keep up with my diary!

I have been really good all week, turned down a take away mid week and yet i lost nothing!

I have been so stressed and tired that i decided to get curry rice and chips from the takeaway last night...OMG i haven't had chips for weeks!!! It was nice and i was stuffed! I have been a bit naughty today and have eaten some little cakes, but i think i just need to have a binge and get it out of my system, hopefully next week will be better...i would just be happy with 1lbs a week! :sigh:

I'm Back!!!

So ok i have had 4 weeks off the diet, i have had lots going on and just kinda stopped thinking healthy nutritious food and went back to biscuits, cake and chips! Although i still have been good at times!

I have lost about 5lbs after a sickness bug hit the family, but i have regained that and a bit more but i have still shaved off 5lbs from my heaviest weight. I have had 3 weeks off work which is always a bad thing because i snack all the time!
But i am back on tuesday so i am hoping that i can get a bit more control over my eating.

To be honest i am not sure what works and what doesn't, i have the old ww books and the sw books (although i just can't grasp the sw concept!) i was thinking about doing the special K diet for the next 2 weeks to kick start me off again and help me to shrink my stomach a bit. Then i will just eat 3 meals a day and only snack on fruit or low fat yoghurt. I will have a treat once a week, cause otherwise i will just fail again!

Anyway here's to new beginnings, and skinnier clothes!

So i am going to hop back on the train to slimness tomorrow but i just wanted to write about two things...

1 - fishing weights...
My childhood friend who i love to bits and is the wackiest person ever met up with me at uni last week, she was off to the local national slimming centre to try and get some slimming pills from the dr, only she was about a stone to LIGHT!!! to try and boost her weight she stuffed fishing weights into her bra (all very funny) but i was actually shocked at how much in my hand 1lbs weighs...its quite a bit and it made me think i am going to get some, so that next time i get on the scales and have only lost a 1lb and feel totally disappointed, i will hold that weight in my hand and think wow what an achievement, that's that weight gone!

2- my mum... i don't see my mum that often, sometimes it can be a couple of weeks before i see her but i saw her today and wow, she looked great, she had lost over 2st in weight and her frame is tiny! She has just cut out eating junk, but thats because she has been a hard up lately so has only bought what she really needed to survive. She still about another stone and a half to go i think but i am so proud of her and she is a true inspiration - well done mum!!! :D

Back