Minxie's diary

Oh diary, I've been bad:( Know I want to lose weight, know how to do it but just keep getting hijacked by the fridge/larder/supermarket. But it doesn't make me happy and my clothes don't fit so I don't look nice - been wearing the same few things all summer and feel in a rut. Not sure where to go, what to do now.....have played with low carbing, slimfast and "eating carefully (hollow laugh here please!) and have not lost much at all - it's 2 pounds off then 3 pounds on:(

Just called in to get a bit of inspiration really - have just looked at slide show above and wonder where all those people are now - and are they still looking lovely?! Hi to anyone reading, esp madferret if you are still out there:)

Hi Minxie,
I've just read your diary. Wow, what a rollercoaster ride you've been on so far! Well done for still making the effort to lose weight. Hope your OH is feeling much better now.
Look forward to reading more of your posts.
Take care.
Tess

Hello Diary, this is a far happier Minxie today:) I have re-started and have completed one week successfully and lost 9lbs:):):) I now feel that maybe I can recommence my diary as I am officially a CDer again, lol.

yay!!

Hi I'm back again! Just waiting for CDC to arrive with supplies of goodies ;) I've been doing (??) SW since 25th Oct and am now exactly 1lb lighter than when I started it! Yes, that's right one pound:( Frequently lost a pound or two one week and put it right back on the next.

So here I am again - I have 20 days before I go on holiday for a week and would like to shift a stone by then (more if I'm really honest, but am learning to settle for less so I'm not too discouraged). Then I'll take a week off plan and plan to come right back again afterwards. I'm trying to decide between SS and SS+ or 810.....will have a chat with CDC and see what she thinks.

Watch this space - I plan to be online a lot to keep me away from the fridge, lol.

I'm now stocked up with shakes and tetras. Had a chat with CDC and decided to go with SS or SS+ depending on how I feel on the day. Feel very positive - now heading to work loaded down with water bottles and a choc tetra:)

Well that's day 1 over and done, managed to stick with it 100%:) Off to bed now, sweet dreams!

Dear Diary
How pleased I am with myself! I have managed to get through day 2, 100% SS:) Have been really freezing cold all day, sitting here now with central heating on high, a hot water bottle at my feet and a lovely throw over my legs - granny's got nothing on me, lol. I do feel as though I have a cold coming though and hope that it's only the side effect of no food and not an actual cold. Had coffee with a friend today, an excuse to drop off all my SW food for her to use! I'm so tired now, despite not doing much today and can't wait for bedtime! Roll on day 3:):)

Here I am on day 3 and have a bit of a headache....no water yet but will soon start on it. I'm working a nightshift tonight so am trying not to have shake until much later today so I can save one for the middle of the night. I've just read Kimmie's diary and found it so inspiring - I hope I can find that much determination and success:) Off to glug some water and feed the dog. Maybe I will try and buy some ketostix today too.

Done three whole days 100% SS:):) So pleased with myself as I haven't made it this far on a restart in a very, very long time. Am in ketosis too - yukky mouth:( Hope my breath doesn't smell too much, I'm not getting too close to anyone, lol. Now off to bed as finally tired out. Night night!

Well today is Sunday - 2 nightshifts under my (looser) belt this week which has been a bit of a challenge but I've done it. Apart from half a tin of tuna and a sliver of chicken I've been SS all the time. Not bad as I was going to do a mixture of SS and SS+ - not had enough to qualify as SS+. I suppose that I've reached day 6, woo hoo! Roll on my WI on Tues. Have come on here today as really want to eat something - my mouth and head want to, my willpower she say no!!
Off to glug more water - that might do the trick.

You're doing great Minxie!! xx

Woo hooooooo - lost 8lbs:):) Am very pleased with myself and have not reached for the bread bin after weigh in for "just a little treat" so proud of myself. Have just been reading about my FRED on main forum, always thought he was a she so maybe that's where I've been going wrong lol. Feel upbeat and optimistic for the oncoming week. Tried the maple porridge for the first time and it's okay - perhaps it will be a regular meal, though I miss the choc mint shake! There's just no pleasing some people is there, lol.

Off to work shortly - just got to drop poor dog off at the vets on my way, he's got scans and endoscopy today poor love and on top of that I've had to starve him - he keeps looking at me and at the food cupboard as if to try and remind me that he's not had breakfast! Hopefully it will all be okay and he wont need any major treatment.

Well what a sad day:( Poor little Max diagnosed with multiple cancers and had to be put down and I'm sooooo sad. Can't stop crying and the house is very quiet without him. Nothing else seems to have any importance at the moment - hope i get my mojo back and get on track.....

Awww hun I'm so sorry :( at least he doesn't have to suffer. I know your willpower may be non-existent at the moment but try not to reach for food for comfort because you'll only feel worse. I hope you're feeling better soon xx

Thanks Felix, I've already lapsed :( Tomorrow I'll get back on track again.........bloody cancer has twice knocked me off course and I will not let it get the better of me!

Minxie :(

I really hope you manange to get through this sad time, and also manage to stay on track. Write off today, and start again tomorrow...

Hugs xxx

Okay, here's another day one restart.......have 6 weeks till hol abroad so determined to stick with it and lose at least a stone. Feeling positive so that's a good start!:)

Back