Minxie's diary

Hiya Madferret! Nice to hear from you. Life still pretty complicated at the moment and my CD plan and sponsored diet has miserably failed:( OH still in hospital and having the expected complications so he's a bit poorly to say the least so I have to admit that my weight has come way down my list of priorities. Added to which my dog is also ill and I had to rush him off to the vets late last night - I must have really upset the gods, lol.

That said, I did manage 100% ss yesterday for the first time in ages (I know that I've put on weight coz I feel bleurgh!) and the dream has still not died! For all those kind sponsors I will officially re-start once life settles down a bit again. As we said previously, you only fail when you give up trying:)

Hope you are doing well. Are you dieting?

Hi again! Don't be hard on yourself - I know understand what people mean when they say this diet is hard - we know it works brilliantly, the hard bit is actually doing it and sticking at it. I think your busy life and kids are just as valid a reason for not sticking it out as all the stuff going on for me - it's just called LIFE, lol.

I guess what I am realising is that life goes on regardless of what diet I am trying/failing to do, and it will always be getting in the way. The real success is finding a way to not let life become the excuse for not losing weight.......at the end of the day I decide what goes into my mouth - and the more I can repeat that to myself the better (as long as it has a positive spin on it not a negative, beat yourself up spin;))

Today is another day - yesterday for me had a good start and began going pear-shaped after visiting OH in hospital yesterday. Needed to eat something and instead of having a CD bar, of which there were 3 in my bag (!) I chose to buy something from the station buffet instead....now what I need to understand is why?

Anyway off to drink a choc-mint shake and glug some water - can't let the sponsors down completely can I? Have a great day yourself:)

minxie - you are truly an inspiration. i love reading your diary.

Dear Diary I am a bad neglectful person;) It's lovely to hear from you Madferret and Leeds, sorry to not have been around. I'm afraid I have all but stopped CD.......life not going particularly well as OH's transplant has failed:( so diet least of my worries. I have decided though that eating carbs has made me feel so yuk and "poisoned" that today I started just with low carbs - who knows I may make it back onto CD eventually. Feel that I oughtn't be posting here if I'm not a CD "member" but like coming here from time to time. Hope life is good for everyone else and the sun is inspiring people to stick with the diet:)

Hello diary, well I'm still low-carbing and the scales are shifting downwards again thank goodness and I feel better. Still think I may be CDing again in a few weeks so don't feel too bad about posting here! It's so lovely to chat here and meet up with friends, esp Madferret:) who gives me great encouragement and support, thanks:):) Not sure how long OH will remain in hospital, at least another 2 weeks and probably longer, and low-carbing is a bit easier to do at the moment. I still don't want to be fat!!!

minxie dont you dare go anywhere! low carbing is very good and i often do it in with CD and the losses are fine. am amazed you can think of any kind of diet at the moment. as always you have inspired me to do well today! good luck and keep coming back tp update!

Aww, thanks Leeds, it's lovely to have your following and support too:)

Good morning Diary! I have now completed 6 whole days of low-carbing, including going out for lunch - and have managed to stick to it completely - yay!!:) I feel so much better than I did, feel lighter and "looser" - lost all the aches and pains that I wake with when I've been eating carbs. So I plan to stick with this way of eating for the time being (as long as the pounds keep disappearing). Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi Madferret, nice to "see" you;) Still managing to stick 100% to low carb and feeling better by the day. Scales still shifting, perhaps not as quickly as they would if I could stick to CD but I can't at the moment so any loss is a good one:)

OH doing pretty well - things beginning to look up a bit for him and we have even been allowed to hug which makes all the difference!! Weeks without even being allowed to touch was pretty tough; fingers crossed he continues to improve and we can bring him home soon.

Hope all is going well for you - realise you now have the school holidays to contend with so I hope the kids don't drive you to the biscuit tin and wine, lol

He's coming home, he's coming home, la, la, la, la, coming home! lol

Tomorrow is a very big day, OH is at last well enough to come home and I can't wait to see him walking through the door. I'm very proud to say that I am still sticking with low carbing - although a slight slip on Sat night when I went out to dinner, but back on track the next day. So I am ending today rather happy:)

Hi Madferret, and anyone else reading;)
OH is now back and feeling much better for being at home again. And I can't stop grinning and hugging and even, wait for it..... the occasional kiss!!! lol. Have endless hospital visits locally every other day but life is feeling very good - he's officially in remission and long may it continue! As for dieting - well I've stuck at the low carbing now for 16 days and have to say that it's been no hardship. The weight is s-l-o-w-l-y coming down, certainly not as quickly as with CD but I can stick to this and not feel deprived so I guess that's a good thing - do miss my choc mint shakes though, lol.

How're you doing? Have you murdered the kids yet? Holidays must be at least one week in, only 5 to go, lol:)

Back