Mirena Coil

realslimlady

I'm due to have one of these fitted today and am starting to panic.

I had a terrible reaction to the depo-provera injection when I had that in my 20s, and I'm starting worry that I might be setting myself up for the same side-effects. Doc assures me that the Mirena has a lower, localised dose of hormone, so no reason why I should react to it badly. Various friends who have had it swear by it, but I have been reading horror stories on the internet (bad idea, I know!!)

Has anyone had one? How did you find it?

Just feeling really nervous. :(

Had one for five years, its been splendid. Remember, you are more likely to read "horror" stories on the internet than people going "wow, its great!!" because they just wont think to talk about it unless they are asked. There has been a previous thread about this subject some time ago if you search on here, there was a range of responses from "it didnt suit me" to "I never looked back, its been amazing".

Dont panic though. If it doesnt suit you, its easy enough to change it. You may feel a little crampy for the first couple of days after its been inserted.

I had one and hated it, was spotty, hormonal, horrendous cold sores, weepy all of the time, couldn't wait to get it out, however know loads of people who love it. I was much better with copper coil without hormones.

Its a matter of try it and see, you can always have it removed if it doesn't suit xx

I'm on my second one and love it. When I first got it it took a while to settle, so be patient, but when I got it replaced after 5 years I had no prob at all with the second one. HTH.

hiya just reading this now. I had one fitted, must say I was so close to getting it out again but glad I didn't. I bleed constantly for around 4 months, was really annoying and draining, but since then I've just had light bleeding around time of the month and no pains GREAT! x

Back