Mirror mirror on the wall.........

Warby

Hello every one,

Where do I start, what do I want to achieve, am I happy as I am, am I ready?

All these questions I have been asking myself for a long time. Until I realised they are just excuses or are they. As the title to my post eludes too, what I see isn't me. So who am I......

For now just call me Warby, I'm male, married and I have 4 great children. 37 years old and overweight. Just a bag of sugar over 20st. I've twice tried SW with good success last time was before Christmas when I lost 2 stone in 3 months. My issue is I have no structure I not only need to change my eating habits but also get more active. When I was in my late teens I was Mr fitness there wasn't a night that I wasn't out training. Life changes and over the last 17 years I have slowly piled on the weight.

What I'm looking for is help on how to take what I know and mould it around a busy life and household. Slimming world was good, but I couldn't stick to it, once a week isn't enough although it works I need more structure. I would love to be able to afford to have a trainer do a meal plan and say to me right Tuesday, Thursday you come to the gym and do xyz, eat this at this time etc etc. Basically my weight loss comes from being disorganised and focused on other things and not putting any time into me.

I will be starting back at Slimming World as its healthy eating works and I have never eaten so much but I'm eating the right things. I couldn't plan enough in advance to stick to it last time. My wife suggested finding a forum where people share meal plans, exercise routines and share there highs and lows.

So here I am.............

April 23rd 2013, 8.09pm time to make a change.

Thanks and good luck to every one,

Warby.

Hi Warby. I'm new to this site so still trying to find my way around it. I've been at SW for 18 months & did manage to lose 3st BUT I kinda lapsed & ended up putting 7lb back on. Last week I decided that enough is enough & get myself sorted out. I have my daughters graduation in July so I want to lose at least another stone & hopefully the 7lb I put back on too by then.
I know what you mean about not being the person in the mirror as in my head I'm a size 12 not the whale I see staring back at me. I must say that I've tried everything except surgery to lose weight & if I could afford it I'd book into a clinic & refuse to move till they made me a size 10!!!
I'm also looking forward to gaining help & support from this group so positive thoughts & we will do it.
Good luck
Jez

Thanks Jez,

I've just spent some time reading through some of the threads and any thing I may need is on this forum. Even the tough love apply within thread was inspiring in its own off topic way. Would be great to be able to lose the weight as easy as it was put on.
I've read about goals and targets, my biggest goal is not to have a heart attack at 40 or in a more light hearted outlook, be able to step on a bus without some old dear knocking her head on the window as the bus leans over. Being able to have a giggle about it take the edge off some of the looks I get. Although the first goal is the one I'm really aiming for.

Good luck Jez and remeber.............see you forgot already.

A laugh is more rewarding than a stubbed toe.

Hi warby, I'm 36 and a half years old so not as old as you but as determined to get weight off! I have 2young children (under the age of 2!!!) and I have just started sw. I have my first weigh in tomorrow!! I didn't do the cooking in my house before sw as I don't enjoy it and my husband does but now that's all changed. I do the cooking now. At least I know what is put in. My husband is very good and has said he'll make the meals but I'm happy to cook at least for the time being. I wasn't into keep fit until March time when my youngest was 3months old. I started a circuits class once a week and on the odd occasion would have done at sat morning class but my diet was terrible and I just kept putting on weight. Last week I decided I'm doing it for me and for my children as I don't want them to grow up with an overweight mother and to set an example to them about healthy eating and exercise. My aim is 2circuits type classes a week and 1DVD a week. I have my nights when I go exercising and hubby has his. I find it works brilliant but it really is teamwork with my hubby. I couldn't do it without his support. The nights I exercise he feeds the wee ones and puts them to bed, cleans up and makes the bottles for the next day for the baby. It means I can come in get dinner and showered without worrying what state the house will be in so maybe that's an idea. good luck with getting in the program! being fat is hard, losing weight is hard.... you choose your hard!! (Saw this on a post and thought it was great! )

1.5Lbs off tonight. Looking forward to the week ahead of healthy eating and exercise!! In total since starting sw had 30lbs to lose so only have 28.5lbs now!!! Go girl!!

I really struggle with portion sizes. I know I should have about half as much food as my hubbie & sons but can't seem to get it right & end up with a massive portion. I kid myself that because its all SW recipes & I can have as much as I want it's all ok. The problem is the weight has plateaued & I really need it to start shifting again. I have 12 weeks before my daughters graduation & would love to lose another stone by then so I've been really good for the last 2 weeks. It's a bit disheartening though when you try so hard & the scales only show 1lb like they did for me last week ?. Sending you all positive thoughts for this weeks weigh in ?

I replied to this thread last night but somehow it didn't record it. If you have problems with portion sizes I would recommend Paul mckennas cd and book on how to lose weight. It's excellent and I feel really does work. You could get it on eBay for a fiver second hand and if it doesn't work it's only a fiver lost. It teaches you to manage portion sizes. Thoroughly recommend it. keep at it. I keep thinking if loads of other people can lose the weight so can I. I'm sure they had the same challenges as we have. Keep going!!

Back