miserable

I'm 3 1/2 weeks into Xenical and am depressed. I feel that I haven't lost any weight. I noticed it a lot in my first week and my clothes do feel a bit bigger but I feel bloated and useless.

I don't know my weight as I asked my doctor not to tell me, as I have a history of eating disorders, so she's only weighing me once a month, but I'm dreading seeing her next week and finding out I've lost nothing in my first month.

I have drank alcohol but not eaten a thing more than 5g fat per 100g and more than 15g of fat per meal. Do I have to go back to calorie counting? I really though that this would work for me. I was pleased that I had no side effects and really thought that this was going to be the start of my new life. It looks like I'm back to wasting my life counting calories and doomed to be a fatty all my life.

I feel stupid and fat. I really want to go back to throwing up-at least I could enjoy tasting food first before I threw it up. Now, I'm taking my pills like an idiot, planning all of this low fat food and I'm still a fat pig.

aw hun, you sound so down!
dont be, you have taken a step in the right direction.
i dont know about those pills, or how they work. but you have involved your doc and you are trying.
weight loss takes time, so be patient and keep on trying, thats the only way its gonna go on the long run!
believe in yourself and i am sure you will loose it!

Don't be down about this, I bet you'll get a pleasant surprise when you step on those scales next week, we can't always feel weight loss and you are at the danger time, when the novelty has worn off. Maybe your doctor/nurse would weigh you every fortnight instead to keep you motivated? Keep plodding on until weigh day, if you are sticking to the rules and not going mad on calories you WILL lose weight, just you wait and see. Chin up!

KB x

Thanks for the support. I feel a lot better today. I'm sure I have lost some weight but don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm very impatient and know that 4 weeks isn't very long but I'm determined to go for it. I'll never go back to bulimia-I was just feeling sorry for myself. I'll keep you updated on my progress & hope that you guys are doing well too. x :)

Just thought I`d send some :hug99: your way.

Hope ur feeling more positive soon Xxx

It's so easy to get impatient though isn't it? You just have to remember the bigger picture hun, and that this is a journey that you are on, and sometimes if the journey becomes scenic, it doesn't mean that you wont eventually get to your destination :)
Hang in there and keep posting here :)
x

Reactions: kae
ahh hun!

Theres not much more i can add so im sending you lots of huggsss. Keep at it and you may well find you have a nice suprise!

love kae

Thanks so much for the fantastic support-I'm really touched. I treated myself to some chocolate today and really enjoyed it. Previously I would have piled it down. I really enjoyed it and wanted a treat.

I felt so crap last week because this drunk arsehold called me a fat *****. It didn't bother me as much as it would have previously because he was totally repelant and I know it won't be long before no-one can call me that! People are such shits aren't they?

Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow and my 4 week weigh in on Wed! I really feel that I have changed my eating patterns and attitude towards food. Even if I have only lost 2lbs-it's better off than on! Thanks again for your fantastic support x:)

I`m glad you`re feeling better hun x

Ignore the stupid pig! People only say hurtful things to others to make themselves feel better as they`re so insignificant and inadequate in their own lives!

Well done aswell for enjoying your chocolat instead of wolfing it down! It shows you have come far and know you can give yourself little treats without the risk of going totally off the rails. A treat is good once in awhile :D

Good luck with your weigh in

Xxx

good to see you are sounding brighter.
remember if you are ever feeling :( then come on here, we are all here to help!

Back