Missing Minis

Mat

taking control (again)
Hi. I was on here earlier in the year when I was doing some serious weight loss. Had a few problems which unfortunately took me off CD and I haven't been able to get back on to it since. I think being here was one of the pieces of the puzzle, even though I didn't quite realise it at the time.

I think the understanding and support of at least a few people goes a really long way, as well as being able to help and support others of course. I'm wanting to get back on to CD, but I know I won't have the time I wish I could have to be on Minis. I feel like I am going to fail unless I can find the time. :(

Hi Mat, I have never 'met' you before as I am quite new here but wish you all the luck in the world, you CAN do it! :D

Welcome back Mat!

It's quality, not quantity that counts. I'm not on Mini's anywhere near as much as I used to be, but find that the time I do get on here is really supportive and helps me stay on the straight and narrow.

You won't fail Mat, but you do need to be sure that your head is in the right place ready to start again.

Thanks Irene. :)

Falafel, if you need any help, I am fairly good at advising others. I just don't ever seem to be able to follow my own good advice.

Hi there Lizzylocket, boy how you've shrunk. I'm glad to see you have done so extremely well. I have been wondering how well I may have done if I had been able to stick to things. Well done you!!

You're back on it now Mat, the past is the past, no point dwelling on it.

Good luck with your restart, I have taken the scenic route to get to where I am now but if you stick with it, you'll be at goal in no time.

Hi Mat

Wishing you good luck! I am in a more fortunate position that as a single person that often works from home or an office setting, I do get to come onto minimins quite frequently. I have been on a lot today as I re-started after a 4 day blip and have really benefitted from the support. I am sure that you will find it beneficial to access minimins as much as your schedule allows (however limited that free time is at present)
All the best x

Thanks Lizzylocket, I know I really need to get my act together and get on with it. You didn't really take the scenic route, you did what worked for you and you are pretty much there now, so well done. :)

You are right Blingbabe. I know that Minis will help me a great deal, so I need to make sure I find the time to be here. I really feel like I can help others as well, which will in turn help me stay more focused.

I appreciate you taking the time to post some words of encouragement linzyloo. Although short and sweet, it does make a big difference.

I've come to the conclusion that I should either join a Team or start a Diary so I'm wondering which would be better.

I'm not sure that I am interesting enough to start a Diary. I can't imagine anyone wanting to read about me, but I suppose if it all goes pear-shaped I will only be letting myself down. I would guess that joinging a Team would probably be more inspiring, but if I was to fail with CD I would be letting other people down as well.

What does everyone else think? :confused:

Join a team if you want to join a team, no one will feel let down, other than yourself, if you fail! you need to do what you want to do and you need to want to lose weight or it wont happen. Good luck :D

Thanks.

Yes, I most definitely want to lose the weight. Today is day 1. :D

I was in contact with some nice people on here earlier in the year and I feel like I let them down. Just have to stop being so hard on myself and meet some new people I guess.

Mat - we've spaces on the Biggest Losers Team if you want to join. I try to get in during the day and know that one other member is getting her internet back today so should be livelier x

Thanks.

Yes, I most definitely want to lose the weight. Today is day 1. :D

I was in contact with some nice people on here earlier in the year and I feel like I let them down. Just have to stop being so hard on myself and meet some new people I guess.

Mat, you didn't let anyone down, don't be so hard on yourself! :whoopass:

I'm still around when I can be but the team just dwindled out, think it's just me left now!

Maybe starting a diary is the answer, rather than worrying about other people on a team, it's your space to work through your feelings/thoughts etc?

How is day 1 going?

Mat - we've spaces on the Biggest Losers Team if you want to join. I try to get in during the day and know that one other member is getting her internet back today so should be livelier x

Thanks, I'll have a think about it. :)

Mat, you didn't let anyone down, don't be so hard on yourself! :whoopass:

I'm still around when I can be but the team just dwindled out, think it's just me left now!

Maybe starting a diary is the answer, rather than worrying about other people on a team, it's your space to work through your feelings/thoughts etc?

How is day 1 going?

Thank you Lizzylocket. It seems like a lot of Teams have dwindled out. Such a difference to earlier in the year. It's a shame really.

I tend to keep a lot to myself, so I wondered if an online diary would really be worthwhile. I'll think about it a little more.

Day 1 has been fine so far thanks. I think it's more about upping my water intake than anything else.

It is a shame about the teams but there is still a heck of a lot of support on this forum, I know that I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for this site!

Have you thought of having a word doc type diary if you don't want to put everything online? I find that having somewhere to write down why I make the choices I do, helps to put things into perspective and keep control.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but that's what works for me!

Keep on glugging, the first 3 days will be over before you know it!

Back