Mission Possible

Hmm, not a great day. Good breakfast and snack but then we went to a Christening and by the time the food was served I could've eaten a scabby horse. I wasn't too bad, I had a mini spring roll, a prawn wrapped in filo, some potato wedges, 2 chicken tenders, 4 cocktail sausages, 3 small squares of sandwich, some chocolate buttons and some jellies. Ok actually that sounds like a lot when I type it out! With exercise I'll still be below my cals for the day, or slightly over maybe. Still, I don't plan to eat like this every weekend so I shouldn't beat myself up over it.

Another omelette for dinner then maybe some low cal snacks later if I'm peckish.

Absolutely shattered so early night tonight. Little lady only got 20 mins sleep today instead of her usual 2-3hrs so she is like a demon. Can't wait to get her to bed so I can chill out!

Back to better eating tomorrow. X

I wouldn't dwell on it! It's all about maintaining for you now and if u can't allow yaself the odd treat on the weekend then u will just feel deprived!!

Just get back on track Tomo and that should undo any damage!
I'm so looking forwar to refeed week now only on my 4th day of refeed I have my Xmas work party Nd wouldn't mind having a vodka and diet coke, would this be totally not allowed on day 4?

I wouldn't dwell on it! It's all about maintaining for you now and if u can't allow yaself the odd treat on the weekend then u will just feel deprived!!

Just get back on track Tomo and that should undo any damage!
I'm so looking forwar to refeed week now only on my 4th day of refeed I have my Xmas work party Nd wouldn't mind having a vodka and diet coke, would this be totally not allowed on day 4?

Thanks NatalieJ! Back on track today for definite.

Ooh, I don't know about alcohol. I'm not a big drinker so never had a drink during refeed! They say no alcohol for the first week don't they? Sorry I can't help!!

Morning all.

Had 11 hours sleep last night, heaven! Got up this morning feeling bloated and gross though. Did the Shred and am just having porridge for my breakfast now. I stepped on the scales first thing and did NOT like what I saw, but I'm back to normal, good eating today and will drink plenty of water. I know in my head that any gain is just carb bloat and not actual FAT but it's still crap to see any kind of gain on the scales. Especially when I have to weigh and measure in the morning!

Redeemed myself somewhat today! Have eaten healthily and brought the dog for a 40 minute walk in the rain, as well as the shred this morning. I'm below my 1600 cals for the day, and didn't eat my exercise calories back. Drinking lots of water too and although I'm still feeling somewhat bloated, it's not as bad. Not looking forward to weigh and measure tomorrow but has to be done. It can't always be good news!

How many calories were you on during your weeks of VLCD?

Just under 500 Greta.

This week I calculated my recommended calorie intake as per the Fat2Fit website recommended here. I know that I may show a gain the first few weeks but that this will (fingers and toes crossed) then start to drop. X

I'd be *really* careful of jumping straight from 500 to 1600 calories a day - even with burning some off through exercise. You will see a gain over the weeks. I know it's difficult, but a 'better' way of re feeding and still losing weight [ or just stabilising ] is to increase your calories by a 100/200 a week and spend 7 days gradually working up the steps. Do Lipotrim not have a gradual re feed plan?... I spent 8 weeks working up to even 1200/1300 calories.

Obviously I am far from an expert! But I finished CD at about 10 stone 4 in September and am now 8 stone 13 through calorie counting - but very strictly working my way up.

I'd be *really* careful of jumping straight from 500 to 1600 calories a day - even with burning some off through exercise. You will see a gain over the weeks. I know it's difficult, but a 'better' way of re feeding and still losing weight [ or just stabilising ] is to increase your calories by a 100/200 a week and spend 7 days gradually working up the steps. Do Lipotrim not have a gradual re feed plan?... I spent 8 weeks working up to even 1200/1300 calories.

Obviously I am far from an expert! But I finished CD at about 10 stone 4 in September and am now 8 stone 13 through calorie counting - but very strictly working my way up.

Thanks Greta! It such a minefield isn't it? I feel like I know what in doing, what my maintenance plan is etc and then I read something here and it changes again. Being on Lipotrim was tough but at least there was no room for error, once you stayed 100%!

There is a refeed week after Lipotrim and then maintenance plans with maintenance foods, which I tend to avoid as they are very expensive and taste like muck.

I suppose my main issue is that once I'm out of Ketosis, I find it very hard to feel satisfied on a low amount of calories. But now I'm scared I'm going to pile 2.5 stone back on, eek! This gets more and more confusing. Thanks for your help though! I suppose I'll see how this week goes and reassess then. X

Yes I found that difficult- the lack of bloody calories! I was terrified of a re gain though so just kind of battled through it. I didn't work up the CD steps as money for old rope - I was done with SS ing and couldn't face any more products that's for sure

I have a good list of foods that are low calorie and super filling however and that's how i managed

Lots of NSV's this week, with people really noticing my weight loss. Always a lovely feeling and I am now making myself say "yes, thank you" when people ask if I've lost weight. And I'm proud to tell them how much. I used to say "oh, a little but I have a good bit to go yet!" I am terrible at taking compliments! I think what has helped people notice is that I've bought some new clothes (cheap!!) that actually fit and show off my new figure, rather than my old, baggy and too big clothes. I am loving the fact that I can now wear skinny jeans tucked into boots and not feel like a blimp.

So happy you are enjoying how you look, and are graciously accepting compliments.

RawrGirl agrees with Greta about slowly working up to 1600 calories. That's like 3x what you have been eating.

Well...gotta run, but as Prince Charming needs a haircut (he is long overdue, but we've been broke!) and the close in an hour. But RawrGirl did catch up on your diary.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Yes I found that difficult- the lack of bloody calories! I was terrified of a re gain though so just kind of battled through it. I didn't work up the CD steps as money for old rope - I was done with SS ing and couldn't face any more products that's for sure

I have a good list of foods that are low calorie and super filling however and that's how i managed

Ok great! Yes, I'm making sure that I stick to healthy choices food-wise. I'm really enjoying food again and it doesn't have to be unhealthy or "treat" food! X

Oh it's all a minefield isn't it?

Yes! So scary. Just don't ever want to go back to the person I was a few months ago. Ultimately I know that if I eat well and healthily, that won't happen, but I just have to be vigilant, always! X

Right. Today is not a good day weight wise but I need to think rationally about this! My measurements are the same as last week except for a half inch gain on my waist, no biggie there.

My weight is a different story. Even after some early morning "toilet action" I'm back up to a whopping 10st 1.8lb! Now this is why I need to think rationally. If 1lb of fat equals 3500cals, there is no WAY I have eaten 15,750 extra cals in a week and put on 4.4 lbs of fat. Of course it's just water weight and it WILL come off.

Thinking about it, there are a few probable causes. I think I reintroduced carbs too quickly during my refeed week. And very much so at that Christening buffet on Saturday. I have been exercising plenty though!

So the plan for the week is to stick to my cals as normal, drink plenty of water, exercise as normal, take a probiotic drink every morning, and wait for the water weight to slowly disappear. Realistically it has to come off eventually, hasn't it?!

Ugh, dieting and maintaining are bloody tough. If I go by weight alone, I'm a massive failure this week. But yet my food diary and cals (below) don't suggest it! Oh well. Just need to keep my chin up and get on with it.

Grrrr!! :(

Attachments

• image-1184336452.jpg
    image-1184336452.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 15
Hello, definitely don't think of anything as a massive failure!

It can definitely be tough when you go back to eating normally and healthily and still see a gain, but as you already know, this is just your body getting used to going from 500 to 1600 calories overnight. Hope this week goes well for you and keep positive. Just remember that no matter how worried you might be about gaining that 2 and half stone back, you're the only one who can let that happen, and unless you go completely of the rails, I'm sure you won't :p x

Honestly - dont panic !! No need

The reason is very simple as I said above / you can't go from 500 calories a day to 1600 in the space of a week. It will result in a weight gain. First week - 600 calories - second and third week -800 cals and then a very gradual creep up over about 8 weeks

It's the only way to continue to lose and then stabilise - although I fully hear you about the hunger once out of ketosis!

Another alternative is to have one product a day along with very low carb meals.

Like I said before - I stopped CD at 10 4 and then dropped to 8 13 over about 8 or 9 weeks - but it was probably harder than the damn CD!

If you can't do minimal calories maybe consider 1200 a day moderate carbing? It will stabilise your weight and then you'll start to drop

Happy to post a couple of days of what I eat ( and still lose weight on ) but I am vegetarian and bloody repetitive !

I'd also reconsider the probiotic drink thing. They're ineffective and sugary- snake oil kinda scenario.

Can you go back to basics with fresh food, not too much fruit, loads of veg , lean protein etc? Mint tea, litre of water a day - that kind of thing ?

Trying to think of ways round this

Hello, definitely don't think of anything as a massive failure!

It can definitely be tough when you go back to eating normally and healthily and still see a gain, but as you already know, this is just your body getting used to going from 500 to 1600 calories overnight. Hope this week goes well for you and keep positive. Just remember that no matter how worried you might be about gaining that 2 and half stone back, you're the only one who can let that happen, and unless you go completely of the rails, I'm sure you won't :p x

Thanks Tweekedgirl :) Feeling positive now, I know it's just a matter of time before my weight drops again. I suppose it's my own fault really- I got excited about being able to eat again so I rushed the refeed week and now I'm paying for it! X

I'd also reconsider the probiotic drink thing. They're ineffective and sugary- snake oil kinda scenario.

Can you go back to basics with fresh food, not too much fruit, loads of veg , lean protein etc? Mint tea, litre of water a day - that kind of thing ?

Trying to think of ways round this

Thanks for all your help and advice Greta! It really means a lot. You're right, I think I need to go back to basics. 1200 a day is manageable if I'm strict with my food choices and keep my exercise up. On 1600 I don't eat my exercise cals back but some days on 1200 I might have to or I'll keel over at kickboxing class ;)

So, back down to 1200 it is, and no junk (not that I was eating any anyway!)

Will reassess next Monday then and see how my weight and measurements go. My main aim is to get back up to my calculated recommended cals but there's no hurry, I realise that now! Just don't want to be stuck at 1200 cals a day and miserable!

The only reason for the probiotic was that I have a dodgy bowel and I found that the last time I refed, it flared up and the only things that helped was a week of Yakult and Colpermin tablets. I have 5 drinks left so will use them up. X

Back