Mission Possible

RawrGirl said:
You're diary is far from boring, my dear. You lose like crazy and every time RawrGirl turns around you are fitting into something new! :D

RawrGirl knows you said you were joking about coming home feeling fat and deflated if your best friend doesn't notice and/or say something, but sometimes there's a ring of truth between the lines. If you do start to feel down, just remember strutting around in your jeans the other day, and how far you've come and how close you are!

Hoping your weekend isn't too hard, and you have lots of fun at your in-laws!

Ah RawrGirl, you know me so well. I probably will be disappointed if she doesn't notice, but luckily my mum and hubby for it by telling me how great I look, all the time! And there's you too of course!

Always dread visits to the in-laws but they're never as bad as I imagine. Little lady just doesn't know them very well so tends to make strange, which makes me worry that they'll think she's always cranky! Which she certainly isn't. Oh we'll, we don't see them too often thank goodness!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Day 33 - an early start for me. Something bothering the little lady so she's been awake since 5:30 :( I'm already looking forward to my lie-in tomorrow morning!

Fantastic news though- I stepped on the scales when I got up and I've dropped another 2lb. This brings me to a loss of 21.6lb, over 1.5 stone! Looks like I'll need to add another "Done" down below! And maybe some more during photos will be taken later. Maybe...! This also means I'm only 1.4lb from a healthy BMI. Would love to get there by weigh-in on Monday evening but we shall see...

More good news, my friend noticed straight away and said "Wow, you've lost loads of weight!" I was delighted but typical me, instead of just graciously accepting a compliment, I retorted with "Yes, I'm back to wearing all my old clothes but I still have more to lose". Oh no, I couldn't just say "Yes, thanks a million"! Something I need to work on I suppose, I'll add it to my long list...! I did, however, feel great while visiting. I usually sit there feeling fat and self conscious because she's so slim, but I actually felt confident sitting there. I can't wen explain why, but it was a great feeling. I brought her a box of her favourite cakes and I sipped on peppermint tea while she munched away. *polishes halo vigorously*

Anyway, busy weekend ahead but not too much food involved thank goodness. Then decision time on Monday- one more week of TFR, or do I refeed...?! Watch this space!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone. Hope you get more sleep than me and that you stick to your diet 100%. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Squishy, you're doing amazing! And also can't believe how you've gone so long without food xD I would have definitely caved and my parents and BF would have been on my back about it for sure. Great job! What are you most looking forward to eating again lol? x

tweekedgirl said:
Hey Squishy, you're doing amazing! And also can't believe how you've gone so long without food xD I would have definitely caved and my parents and BF would have been on my back about it for sure. Great job! What are you most looking forward to eating again lol? x

Aw, thanks so much! You're doing great too. Couldn't have done it without minimins and all the support here. Ha- what am I NOT looking forward to! Mostly savoury stuff really. I'm going to try stay off chocolate at least until Xmas as I'm not craving it and want to keep it away from my tastebuds as long as possible. I'm craving a burger and fries from a diner we have here called Eddie Rockets so I think once I've done the strict refeed, I'll treat myself to get it out of my system! X

Wow! Once again, Squishy rocks!

Sorry you didn't get much sleep. But glad to know you felt great at your friend's house!

RawrGirl said:
Wow! Once again, Squishy rocks!

Sorry you didn't get much sleep. But glad to know you felt great at your friend's house!

Thank you my lovely. Made up for early start by getting 10.5 hours sleep last night. Heaven!

Day 34. Feeling good as I had a blissful lie-in and it's a sunny autumn day here!

Have taken the big decision to start my official refeed on Tuesday after my weigh-in on Monday night. I could do one more week of TFR but I'm really feeling quite fed up (despite the excellent results) and would like to start eating again, albeit healthily. I've realised from reading threads here that refeed week is equally as tough as TFR and while I have one more week left in me, I don't think I have 2! I'd much prefer to refeed properly than to crumble at the end and undo lots of my hard work.

I also think that it will be good for me to start more exercise. I've been avoiding doing too much on TFR as it can lead to starvation mode and weight gains *gasp*

Found last night tough. I brought the little lady to watch a hockey match and all I could think of afterwards was the traditional Saturday night takeaway. Or any food if I'm honest! Even my daughter's yoghurt smelled divine. I think I know the end is in sight so my mind is playing tricks.

Anyway, I have done up my refeed shopping list and I'm very excited at the prospect of chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions etc!

Going to jump back on the WW wagon too. I like the idea of the extra points to use for treats as I will keep these for weekends and plan my treats around them.

Well well well, this day gets better and better! I weighed myself after church as I'd forgotten this morning, and I was 10st 10.4lb! Woohoo! 0.4lb until healthy BMI. This makes me think I've made the right decision about refeeding this week.

squishymcfatterson said:
Well well well, this day gets better and better! I weighed myself after church as I'd forgotten this morning, and I was 10st 10.4lb! Woohoo! 0.4lb until healthy BMI. This makes me think I've made the right decision about refeeding this week.

Yayy well done! Your gona be in the 9's in no time!

Karensplan said:
Yayy well done! Your gona be in the 9's in no time!

Thanks Karen! Moving from Lipotrim to refeed and then WW so will take me a while to get to the 9's! By Xmas would be great though!

Day 35. The last day of my TFR journey! Yippee!

Official pharmacy weigh-in this evening but I'm happy with my own! Weight is 10st 10.4lb, giving me my target BMI of 25 (NORMAL!!) Body Fat is below 30% which I think means "normal" too? Inserting my graphs below anyway.

So, what's next? As I said, weigh-in tonight, then starting refeed tomorrow. My first day consists of 2 Lipotrim maintenance meals (new flavours, yippee!) and a meal of chicken breast, small salad and balsamic vinegar. I am so excited about this, how sad!

There is a local WW class tomorrow night so i think i'll go back and rejoin. I'm toying with the idea of walking there and jogging back, as I need to be home quickly to let my husband leave for football.

Also want/need to up my exercise. Mon and Weds will be kick-boxing which is intense. I also have to walk at least 20mins every day thanks to the dog. (Not the greatest exercise I'll admit but better than sitting on my arse!) We usually go for at least one "long" walk as a family at the weekends too. So for Tuesdays I have the plan above, and if it's raining I can drive but come home and do the 30 Day Shred. Thursday evenings I can either do a run/walk or 30 Day Shred, depending on the weather. And Friday will be a rest day! So this is the plan anyway, I'm sure it'll change along the way...!

Another thing I have to do is take some -21lb photos to compare my "before" and -14lb pics. I may be brave enough to post them here. Anonymously though (i.e. I'll be cropping out my face!)

Right, that's enough rambling for now! Have a good Monday everyone. X

Attachments

• image-1677431192.jpg
    image-1677431192.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image-490158225.jpg
    image-490158225.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image-393479732.jpg
    image-393479732.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image-1311611261.jpg
    image-1311611261.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 11
I should point out the my "waist" measurements are actually my belly measurements! My actual waist is 29inches but I don't know what it was when I started, grr!

Congrats Squishy! I bet you're well excited xD Is your husband joining you in your WW meals? x

tweekedgirl said:
Congrats Squishy! I bet you're well excited xD Is your husband joining you in your WW meals? x

Thanks TweekedGirl!

That's the plan! I wanted to make sure I chose a maintenance diet that don't exclude me or him. And hopefully our little one (14 months) can partake too. Saves me cooking 2 or 3 meals a night! X

squishymcfatterson said:
Day 35. The last day of my TFR journey! Yippee!

Official pharmacy weigh-in this evening but I'm happy with my own! Weight is 10st 10.4lb, giving me my target BMI of 25 (NORMAL!!) Body Fat is below 30% which I think means "normal" too? Inserting my graphs below anyway.

So, what's next? As I said, weigh-in tonight, then starting refeed tomorrow. My first day consists of 2 Lipotrim maintenance meals (new flavours, yippee!) and a meal of chicken breast, small salad and balsamic vinegar. I am so excited about this, how sad!

There is a local WW class tomorrow night so i think i'll go back and rejoin. I'm toying with the idea of walking there and jogging back, as I need to be home quickly to let my husband leave for football.

Also want/need to up my exercise. Mon and Weds will be kick-boxing which is intense. I also have to walk at least 20mins every day thanks to the dog. (Not the greatest exercise I'll admit but better than sitting on my arse!) We usually go for at least one "long" walk as a family at the weekends too. So for Tuesdays I have the plan above, and if it's raining I can drive but come home and do the 30 Day Shred. Thursday evenings I can either do a run/walk or 30 Day Shred, depending on the weather. And Friday will be a rest day! So this is the plan anyway, I'm sure it'll change along the way...!

Another thing I have to do is take some -21lb photos to compare my "before" and -14lb pics. I may be brave enough to post them here. Anonymously though (i.e. I'll be cropping out my face!)

Right, that's enough rambling for now! Have a good Monday everyone. X

Yes put up the before and after pics. Let us see the difference.

Karensplan said:
Yes put up the before and after pics. Let us see the difference.

Will do Karen! Just have to get hubby to take most recent ones tonight. Looking forward to seeing the difference myself. X

RawrGirl is so excited for you and your weigh-in tonight. :D

If RawrGirl understands correctly, refeed is a shake for breakfast and lunch and then a real dinner...but for only one week, and then for week 2 and onward, you are going right to Weight Watchers?

RawrGirl has some tips if she may be so bold (she did WW for over a year in 2010/2011).

Even if you are doing points, still record all your calories in My Fitness Pal every day...for a year. WW will put you on about 29 points a day, but I guarantee, this will be more than the 15% less recommended calories a person who just lost weight should be eating to maintain their loss.
Bear in mind that WW is meant to have been losing on points the whole time. People had been eating roughly 2000-3000+ calories a day (let's estimate that to around 50-60 points), so when they join WW and start eating around 29 points (approx 1500 calories), their calories have been drastically reduced and they lose. But since you've been on a VLCD (approx 15 points) and then jumping to 29, RawrGirl fears you might see a gain.

RawrGirl strongly recommends slowly working your points up to 29 over a period of 4-6 weeks (18 a day for a week, then 20, then 22, etc.), while keeping an eye on the scale to make sure you don't gain.

If you talk to a WW leader about all this, keep in mind that they are trained only with WW. They are not nutritionists, they are merely WW people who reached goal and went through WW leadership training. They are only allowed to talk about WW food plans, and they are forbidden to let you eat less than 29 points. If you were to start gaining on 22 points, they will tell you that you are gaining because you are not eating enough...

RawrGirl suggests discussing all this with your Lipotrim pharmacist...tell them how many points you've been eating on Lipotrim and see if they also recommend slowly working up to 29 rather than jumping right to it. You've done so good, and RawrGirl wants to see you reach goal.

Here is an online WW calculator so you can see exactly how many points you've been consuming with your shakes: Weight Watchers Points Calculator

(Use the "Points Plus" calculator, not the "Previous" one, as their whole system changed about a year or so ago. The Points Plus is better system it takes into account carbs now, so something with the same calories that is all carbs is more points than something that is the same calories but mostly protein. But even with that, points = calories. It's just that some days on 29 points could be 1200 calories if mostly protein and other 29 point days could be 1600 if mainly carbs.)

RawrGirl also recommends keeping an eye on your carbs. She didn't lose much with WW (despite jogging 3 miles a day 4-5x a week) until she started keeping her carbs under 30 grams -- not including fiber. (So if total carb count of a roll is 20 grams and 6 of those grams are fiber, then subtract the fiber, and count the roll as 14 carbs or 14 Net Carbs as they call it with Atkins).

Personally, needing to keep track of calories and carbs is why RawrGirl will be using Atkins to maintain, not WW. And Atkins is free. But WW is good for the emotional support the meetings can provide. This is why at first RawrGirl actually still paid for WW meetings even when she switched over to Atkins.

So anyway...as long as you keep using My Fitness Pal, you will be fine, but calories should take precedence over points. Hope all that made sense. :)

Thank you so much RawrGirl! Everything you have said makes perfect sense to me. I had never thought about the fact that by eating WW, I would essentially be upping my calories as opposed to lowering them. Duh! So simple when I think about it!

The refeed plan is basically 2 shakes and a high protein meal the first day (which I did today!), then a shake and 2 meals for the rest of the week, but gradually introducing carbs in small portions, so that the body isn't shocked into storing a load of water! I am going to follow this refeed week, and weigh-in next Monday at the pharmacist. After that, I'm not sure what to do now, dilemma!! I really like the idea of Low GL, which is essentially low-carb as opposed to no-carb and worked for me before. It has an 80/20 rule which means sticking to it 80% of the time but allowing the occasional treat. It means avoiding refined, sugary foods and allowing a small portion of carbs with each protein and veg based meal. It also recommends 3 meals and 2 snacks a day to avoid blood sugar dips. Sounds doable doesn't it?! Eeek, I hope so. I really am worried about reintroducing food.

I suppose I was rejoining weight watchers more as a weigh-in routine to guilt me out of regaining. Is that worth EUR10 a week though? The pharmacy have said I can continue to call to them as long as I want, and they have all my weight records on their computer system anyway. And it's free. Hmm, maybe i'll continue with them and if I feel myself slipping, I can rejoin WW. What do you think?!

Aaagh, TFR was the EASY part :(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back