Mission Possible

Yes, more Shred tomorrow night. I may have to mute Jillian though as she is grating on my nerves and makes the workout harder to get through! "That's a no, very bad for the knees" or "I could always use a good Chest Fly in my life". Grrr!!

You don't like my Jillian???

*sniff, sniff*

You've probably never seen America's Biggest Loser. Jillian is the most tenderhearted, compassionate person ever. She is a bull dog in the gym, "Don't get off the treadmill unless you puke or die." But outside the gym, when people confess why they've put on the weight (death of a loved one, past abuse), she has cried, and hugs them and tells them they are beautiful strong people who can overcome anything.

RawrGirl ADORES her.

RawrGirl said:
You don't like my Jillian???

*sniff, sniff*

You've probably never seen America's Biggest Loser. Jillian is the most tenderhearted, compassionate person ever. She is a bull dog in the gym, "Don't get off the treadmill unless you puke or die." But outside the gym, when people confess why they've put on the weight (death of a loved one, past abuse), she has cried, and hugs them and tells them they are beautiful strong people who can overcome anything.

RawrGirl ADORES her.

No no, I do like Jillian. And I love Biggest Loser! My problem is that I've done Level 1 so many times now that I could probably recite it word for word and it gets on my nerves! A LOT! But I'll put up with it if I end up with a body like hers!!

Ok, this is going to probably a long post so apologies in advance!

So last night I had the cookery course and it was brilliant! I'm a total foodie so I (and my friend) loved every minute from beginning to end. We learned how to make:
- oven roasted almonds with paprika
- chorizo with sherry
- patatas bravas
- pollo con limon
- tortilla espanola
- shrimp and spring onion fritters

It was all delicious and I didn't even make an attempt to track it on MFP. I learned so much and can't wait to try the recipes again at home (in moderation of course!)

Also, my friend took a photo of me cooking and for the first time in a long time I actually like a photo of myself! AND I think I look quite slim in it!

Anyway, it was straight back into the calorie counting wagon today and I did my second day of the Shred this morning. Feeling good!

Felt even better when I found a pair of long suede boots in the attic that I purchased in Chicago 3 years ago. I never wore then because they never fit over my calves. I have large calves for two reasons: I am quite muscly from years of playing various sports and duh, reason number 2 is that I'm fat!! Anyway, I tried the boots on and they FIT! I have always wanted to wear knee high boots. Always! Not only that, but today I wore then with jeans (well, jeggings!) tucked in! Beyond delighted with this NSV. To top it off I called in to visit my mum who had been away for 2 weeks and she couldn't believe how good I looked. That made my day.

Hope everyone else is having a good day too.

Lots of pics attached below.

Attachments

• image-3694263565.jpg
    image-3694263565.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image-2369163851.jpg
    image-2369163851.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image-2491623824.jpg
    image-2491623824.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image-2342372773.jpg
    image-2342372773.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image-3648028856.jpg
    image-3648028856.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image-1519330192.jpg
    image-1519330192.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 21

So last night I had the cookery course and it was brilliant! I'm a total foodie so I (and my friend) loved every minute from beginning to end. We learned how to make:
- chorizo with sherry
- patatas bravas
- pollo con limon
- tortilla espanola

It was all delicious and I didn't even make an attempt to track it on MFP. I learned so much and can't wait to try the recipes again at home (in moderation of course!)

Also, my friend took a photo of me cooking and for the first time in a long time I actually like a photo of myself! AND I think I look quite slim in it!

Anyway, it was straight back into the calorie counting wagon today and I did my second day of the Shred this morning. Feeling good!

Felt even better when I found a pair of long suede boots in the attic that I purchased in Chicago 3 years ago. I never wore then because they never fit over my calves. I have large calves for two reasons: I am quite muscly from years of playing various sports and duh, reason number 2 is that I'm fat!! Anyway, I tried the boots on and they FIT! I have always wanted to wear knee high boots. Always! Not only that, but today I wore then with jeans (well, jeggings!) tucked in! Beyond delighted with this NSV. To top it off I called in to visit my mum who had been away for 2 weeks and she couldn't believe how good I looked. That made my day.

Your cookery class sounds so awesome. RawrGirl so wishes she could join you!

Your boots look fab! You may need to change your name soon, as you are certainly not squishy, lol.

RawrGirl said:
Your cookery class sounds so awesome. RawrGirl so wishes she could join you!

Your boots look fab! You may need to change your name soon, as you are certainly not squishy, lol.

It was brilliant! Food heaven!

Ah ha ha, I'm still plenty squishy I can assure you!

Very inspiring :)

Gah!! So hungry this week. I am really having to restrain myself from totally pigging out. I just want to start eating and not stop. Nothing seems to satisfy me.

I am exercising to make sure my cals are under 1390 each day (besides Monday- cookery course) and Friday (special treat date night). I just have this feeling of dread that I'm not going to lose any more weight. Seriously toying with the idea of a few more weeks of Lipotrim to get me to goal, because I know once I'm there I can maintain. It's losing that I'm having problems with. Well, anxiety I suppose!

Am I just being lazy and looking for the easy option?

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl doesn't think that's taking the easy way or being lazy...it's doing what works without killing yourself in the meantime. That's why she is doing her plan all the way to goal.

Thanks RawrGirl. I'm seriously considering it from Monday onwards. For 2 or 3 weeks only hopefully. I think I probably should've stayed on it previously but of course I was desperate to eat again! I do know deep down that I will be able to maintain once I'm at goal (with a little fluctuation now and then obviously!)

Watch this space...! X

Thanks RawrGirl. I'm seriously considering it from Monday onwards. For 2 or 3 weeks only hopefully. I think I probably should've stayed on it previously but of course I was desperate to eat again! I do know deep down that I will be able to maintain once I'm at goal (with a little fluctuation now and then obviously!)

Watch this space...! X

want to chat in the shout box again?

Hubby is on the laptop :( Off to kickboxing soon too! X

RawrGirl said:
Oh, ok...btw, RawrGirl is quite impressed you are doing both Shred and Kickboxing.

Aw thanks! Feeling fired up for it now but we'll see how I feel about Shred tomorrow morning...!

RawrGirl said:
Yea...RawrGirl is wondering if she's gonna be too sore tomorrow again to workout. She's already behind a day.

Don't worry, plenty of time left and after the first few days you won't be sore anymore. And as Jillian says, pain is just fear leaving the body!

squishymcfatterson said:

- chorizo with sherry
- patatas bravas
- pollo con limon
- tortilla espanola

Love the boots and yum to the food!

Karensplan said:
Love the boots and yum to the food!

Thanks Karen! Hope all is going well for you! X

Happy Friday everyone! Eek, so excited for our date night tonight!

Got more bad news yesterday regarding jobs. Well, not so much bad news but lack of good news I suppose. 2 jobs that I interviewed for, I didn't get. Apparently I was "over-qualified" which is a total cop-out. I wouldn't have applied for the jobs if I didn't bloody want them. Surely they'd prefer somebody to be over rather than under-qualified?! I suppose they think they can pay someone under-qualified less money and just spend more time training them in.

Anyway, I was down in the dumps after another rejection but luckily was meeting friends yesterday evening so that took my mind off it. And I ordered a SALAD for my dinner! It was delicious- goats cheese, walnuts, figs, sundries tomatoes and a lovely dressing. Can't have been too high in cals either. Better than the other options on the menu anyway- and I knew I had dinner tonight to look forward to and let loose!! It just so happens that we met at my local shopping mall, so of course I had to shop afterwards. I think I've replaced comfort eating with retail therapy! I got a dress in H&M (size 10!!!) and a cheap new scarf and gloves to wear with my new coat. Oh, and I ordered a pair of black knee high boots- a life long ambition! I tried them on in brown and they for perfectly (will attach a pic) but what I really need is a black pair. They should arrive next week sometime. They are my Xmas present to myself and I consider them an investment as I'm hoping they'll become a wardrobe staple item!

So, as I said, date night tonight with NO CALORIE COUNTING! Then a healthy Saturday and Sunday before *shudder* starting back on Lipotrim TFR in Monday. I can't believe I'm going back on it, but I think it's the right decision for me. I think I will be better at maintaining with calorie counting than losing. I hope so anyway!

I am currently resisting the urge to have a complete food blowout this weekend though. It's hard to get out of that mindset when I know I'll be food-less for at least 2 weeks (my plan is 2 weeks back on TFR, one week maintenance). Hubby is out on Sat night so the temptation for me is to have my first takeaway pizza in over 2 months. Eek!!

Attachments

• image-720923444.jpg
    image-720923444.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 22
Back