Mission Possible

RawrGirl, unfortunately, does not like fish. She wishes she did, as it would lend to more variety. She can tolerate a tuna fish sandwich if hard-boiled eggs, onion, and seasonings are added in, and doesn't mind fish sticks (but they are fried and need tarter sauce, lol), but as for the rest...not so much. She does like shrimp (battered and fried in coconut), and crab cakes (again, breaded and fried), so she's pretty much out of luck as far as healthy eating and fish are considered, lol.

Let us know what the little lady thought of it.

How profound David! Yawn.

I completely identify with how just a few pounds can make you feel flabby. Honestly, I'd have killed to have been this weight when I was over 15 stone - I mean, nobody who is a size 8/10 could possibly have a fat day could they? Depressingly they can.

If food was your only source of pleasure, make sure to reconnect with other things you enjoy -- music, sports, volunteer work or movies, for example.

Copy and paste this drivel to someone else's diary, thanks very much.

How profound David! Yawn.

I completely identify with how just a few pounds can make you feel flabby. Honestly, I'd have killed to have been this weight when I was over 15 stone - I mean, nobody who is a size 8/10 could possibly have a fat day could they? Depressingly they can.

It's interesting isn't it? I feel that maybe I've gotten used to seeing myself at this weight now so it's not as exciting or different to me anymore. I suppose it's similar to when we were bigger? I knew I needed to lose weight, deep down, but in another way, I got so used to looking at my fat self in the mirror that it became the norm, and almost acceptable.

I think it's all relative.

So, I can remember being 15 stone and living in my leggings and tunic tops < which I hate > and I don't recall having fat days. I suppose every day was a fat day.

Now, however, I just feel chubby all the time since putting on 5lbs. And I am sat here in a pair of size 8 jeans. Ah, but then I tell myself that I have deliberately chosen the BIG size 8 jeans.... like when I wore size 10 jeans yesterday... ah, but they are my BIG size 10s.

It is actually quite ridiculous - why we do this?

Shame none of us know the answers isn't it?

It is probably as simple as we are just never happy. We are bombarded with unrealistic images and we think we should be like this. I used to dream of size 12 once upon a time. Hell, I was going to stop at a comfortable size 14.... it's all about our warped perspectives.

It could just be a matter of the brain adjusting to our new bodies. If we've mentally criticized ourselves for years, we must now break that habit and stop ourselves from doing it. And remind ourselves that numbers don't matter -- not the number n the scale, or the measuring tape, or our jeans. All that matters is that we are fit and healthy and look good and will be there for our families.

It could just be a matter of the brain adjusting to our new bodies. If we've mentally criticized ourselves for years, we must now break that habit and stop ourselves from doing it. And remind ourselves that numbers don't matter -- not the number n the scale, or the measuring tape, or our jeans. All that matters is that we are fit and healthy and look good and will be there for our families.

So true RawrGirl, thanks. I find it hard to get out of the habit of self-criticism. In one way, I'm still glad to be hard on myself as it keeps me somewhat in check! If I was to tell myself that I'm fabulous all the time, I'd use it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted!

So true RawrGirl, thanks. I find it hard to get out of the habit of self-criticism. In one way, I'm still glad to be hard on myself as it keeps me somewhat in check! If I was to tell myself that I'm fabulous all the time, I'd use it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted!

And see, RawrGirl thinks you should tell yourself that you are fabulous all the time and that's why you deserve better than to put junk in your body (save for the once a week or month treat of course!) As in: I am so fabulous, I don't need chocolate! :D

Howdy folks!

So, good week so far. Besides the Pic'n'mix on Tuesday night, I have stayed below cals each day and even managed a few treats along the way, all counted and logged.

Worked out why I've been snacky/peckish/hungry/munchy these past few days as TOTM arrived today. Either that's the cause or I have a sugar deficiency and my body is crying out for it?!! Yeah, that's definitely the reason!

The fish pie (actually more of a gratin as it involved breadcrumbs, not pastry) was so so delicious. Only 272 cals per portion but tasted like it was a full fat meal. Hubby loved it and can't wait for me to cook it again. Little lady loved it too- success!

Tonight was Spanish chicken bake with chorizo, another family favourite that's low cal but filling.

Haven't made it out running yet but have that hockey match tomorrow and the dog has had 2 brisk walks a day. Plus I did 90mins of ironing today- no idea how many cals that burns? I logged it as 30 mins of light cleaning as I also spent 30 mins sorting out boxes in the attic.

Either way, I've earned enough extra cals today to have a cup of tea and a small bit of chocolate perhaps.

Looking forward to weigh in in Monday. Hope I'm back in the 9's. x

Oh yay...RawrGirl was wondering how little lady liked the fish.

Lol, we are the same when it comes do logging exercise calories. Oh...MFP says 450 for 90 minutes of ice skating, we'll log it as slow walking for 350. Not nery trusting, are we?

So true! Today I played 45mins of hockey, so non-stop running, jogging, walking, moving, but I feel "guilty" logging all those exercise cals on MFP! Why? I've earned them but I'm always afraid to trust it!

I really enjoyed it though. I always wondered what it would feel like to run around the pitch carrying less weight. Of course it makes sense that it would be much easier but I'm still surprised HOW much easier! I didn't even break a sweat (it helped that it was cold out!) Usually my cheeks would be bright red after just the warm up.

I loved hockey at school and used to play for a local team until I went to uni. Havnt played in about 12 yrs now though but would live to get back in it. Worried I'd be crap tho.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I loved hockey at school and used to play for a local team until I went to uni. Havnt played in about 12 yrs now though but would live to get back in it. Worried I'd be crap tho.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Most clubs here cater for all levels. You'd be surprised how quickly you get back into it! It's such good exercise. I gave up for 4 years and then fell in love with it again. I'm just back playing now after 2 years off with pregnancy, baby etc. I just play a match the odd weekend when the club are stuck for players. Not sure I want to commit to training etc again. Quite enjoy my kickboxing as it's a refreshing change!

Well that's a good weekend down. Phew! Still feeling snacky but have kept myself under control with the odd counted treats. I'm still eating back most of my exercise cals. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing? I suppose I'll find out tomorrow morning at weigh in!

Made a delicious new soup today for lunch from the wonderful skinnytaste.com blog. Leek and Oatmeal. Yes, I know, sounds disgusting but it was really good. I'm already looking forward to my lunch tomorrow!

Oh, and Tuesday in the graph below was cinema and pic'n'mix day!

Attachments

• image-3056876365.jpg
    image-3056876365.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 28
RawrGirl has a brand new phone and still can't figure out how to a screen shot. She wants to post that cool weekly graph thing every week for a year in maintenance along with her weekly weigh-in (yes, she will have the scale every week), to visually plot her progress. RawrGirl has googled how to take a screen shot with her new phone and the "answer" keeps coming up, with several people commenting that it doesn't work, so it's not just RawrGirl.

She plans to take the phone into the T-mobile store sometime this week and have an employee demonstrate how it works (and then if/when it doesn't, have them fix it!).

Glad you had a good weekend. Hope the scales give happy news in the morning!

Thanks RawrGirl! Hope you get your phone sorted, posting the weekly graph is such a good idea for the maintenance diaries! I feel like I'll never get to maintenance at this stage...

So it's Monday. Weigh-in day. I was so looking forward to seeing a drop on the scales this week for the first time since Christmas. Especially after a good week. But no. Official weight: 10st0.8lb. A GAIN of 0.2lb since last week. Granted, that's not a huge gain, probably more of a STS but frustrating nonetheless.

I keep reminding myself that the "experts" say that if you begin eating your TDEE minus 20% like me, that you may not see a weight drop for a few weeks. I just don't know if I'm strong enough to wait. I'm very results-driven and want nothing more than to see a drop on the scales.

I've lost 0.5 inches on both my hips and my waist, so I suppose that's a positive. But of course my mind is saying "Well how accurate are these measurements? Maybe you measured a bigger part last week?!"

So where do I go from here?

This week I will return to kickboxing on Monday an Wednesday, so I'll be upping my exercise.

After today, I'll be cutting out the sweet treats too (just have to get rid of them first!) I was counting the treats but now that I think about it, I'm probably only triggering my sweet tooth with them, and should be filling up on healthier foods like fruit, raw veg etc., instead of chocolate rice cakes, plain biscuits etc. So that is what I'll do. *sob*

I only have one dangerous day this week, Sunday, when my friend is making brunch. I should be ok though, I can have a little of everything. Think the plan is pancakes, fresh fruits, sausages maybe. Not the worst.

The following weekend is a worry as I travel for my nephew's christening and won't really be in control of food but all I can do is stay focused on days where I am in control, and then eat in moderation when others serve me food. Ha, sounds so easy!

Anyway, I'm going to keep calorie counting until the Monday before Lent starts (Monday 11th of Feb) and see how much weight I've dropped by then. If I'm not progressing, I may go back to Lipotrim to shift the last of this weight. I seem to be able to maintain with CC but losing is slow or non-existent for me.

Sorry for the moany post. Monday blues!

That is definitely a STS squish! I always disregard any number that comes after the main ones... so 9 stone 2 and three quarters of a lb is 9 st 2 for me. < kids self >

I have caved and this morning I have begun one week of CD. I just need to remove food from the equation for a few days as just cannot stop eating. So a week of this will take me back to where I was and then I shall try and sort out maintenance again!

Back