Mission to lose 5st (10/70 lbs and counting)

Kettlebells course starts @ 8 pm - won't be exercise tonight, I don't think, all measurements and photos (I've already had mine done in PT session) and nutritional advice/bonding with the 'team'!

I'm quite looking forward to it! The nutritional monitoring starts tomorrow though for sure. I've got a PT session in the morning so it is all starting now...

Hopefully I will make it back on here afterwards to consolidate the plan in my mind. :D

Hope it went well last night x

Thanks Bluebex :) As I had already had my measurements done etc - last night was just getting to know the others in the group. This week all we need to do is to record what we eat, then we will change/tweak breakfast and then next week lunch and so on...I'm just going to have to trust in the process as I know it has worked for so many other people over the last 6 months.

I've got tons of work to do at the moment - don't start until 12.20 but was going to go in and start at 8.45 so left it all there yesterday - then remembered PT session this am (thank goodness). This is my exercise regime to start this week:

Mon 7 pm - Kettlebells (30 mins nutrition 30 mins kettlebells)
Wed/Thu (will change) - Personal training 45 mins
Wed 7.30 pm - Pilates (1 hr)
Sat 10 am - Kettlebells (1hr)

I feel happy that I am, finally, taking control of the exercise and joining booked classes (think this will work best for me having pretty much the same group of people and a team feel). I definitely want to start doing a short dog walk every morning too (for back) but I'm not great at getting up when I don't absolutely have to...

Sounds like a great plan - and like you say, if you've booked and paid for it then there's more motivation to do it. I've had PT sessions in the past and they were great - I did loads more than I'd be able to do on my own as my pride wouldn't let me quit before I physically couldn't lift the weights anymore! I'd love to go back to having them but I've had loads of holidays and weekends away to pay for this year so I can't afford it at the moment - first world problems hey?!!

Thanks Scrumbles and Belle :)

I'm justifying the PT now that I don't have a cleaner any more (used a company so it was quite expensive)...ha!

First full-on KB session in 45 mins - scared but looking forward to it!

Weight not great this am - the sts trend has turned into gaining

Shouldn't be sitting down now (back) so will update later after first session...

I (think) I am loving the exercise! My friends, who started Kellebells at the same time, have all reported a lot of muscle aching this weekend - I haven't had as much, due to the two PT sessions previously I had. It really does get better doesn't it?!

Having a 45 min PT session in 50 mins, Pilates on Wednesday, KB and Thurs and KB on Sat.

Food - well, last week was eat your normal week and simply record it - I've done a fairly inaccurate report...this week is all about changing breakfast. I would imagine it will be all about adding protein into it and maybe veg...Got to start to get organised with the food and back to making accurate records.

PT session was good...

Looking at myself in a wall covered in a massive mirror :eek:...not so good.

Got to get this nutrition sorted! Namely breakfast this week as priority.

Also think - starting NOW - that I need to say NO to the following from 5 pm on a Sunday until 5 pm on a Friday (not planning on bingeing at the weekend but I don't think an all out ban will work):

* Chocolate - except a small amount of dark chocolate if desperate
* Sweets
* Crisps
* Cake
* Biscuits
* Alcohol
* Fizzy drinks (currently having a can of caffeine free diet but, after that...) except sparkling water
* White bread/pasta

I also think I may need to abandon the traditional meal format and just go for 2-4 hours between eating (except overnight!).

I'll see where this leads - I'm not going to add in calorie counting into the mix just yet - that may be a step too far, maybe next week!

I couldn't bend my legs for 2 days after my first Kettlebells session -and that was using a 2kg bell, lol! Glad I persevered though as its such a great workout.

How are you changing your breakfasts? I changed mine a few weeks ago from cereal to Greek yogurt with granola sprinkled on it but it took me a few days to get used to the yogurt. I'm not great at eating in a morning - it has to be 'dry' food for me but would love to have eggs if I could stomach them!

I couldn't bend my legs for 2 days after my first Kettlebells session -and that was using a 2kg bell, lol! Glad I persevered though as its such a great workout.

How are you changing your breakfasts? I changed mine a few weeks ago from cereal to Greek yogurt with granola sprinkled on it but it took me a few days to get used to the yogurt. I'm not great at eating in a morning - it has to be 'dry' food for me but would love to have eggs if I could stomach them!

Hi!

This morning I changed porridge, strawberries and milk (a fairly normal combination for me) to porridge, strawberries, 15g mixed seeds and oat milk. I will try to have a spinach and salmon/chicken omelette a couple of times a week. This weekend I am looking forward to collating some other things off the internet - like quinoa porridge, their is a recipe of homemade granola on my groups facebook page that I would like to make (and then have ready for those need breakfast really quick mornings) and maybe have it with greek yoghurt. I think the short answer is ditch cereal/toast completely and focus on ensuring that I have protein (eggs/seeds/salmon/chicken).

Work has been all consuming this week so tbh (well more than normal - which has thrown me) I haven't really changed breakfast that much, apart from one omelette day - I just ditched the cornflakes. The house is also needs a bit of TLC as a result.

DH and DS are at a football match today so I want to use the day to get caught up (I have a LOT of ironing, mow the lawn, cleaning, sort out the food situation, dye hair - well make a start anyway) after kettlebells this morning. I definitely feel motivated towards doing the food thing now - focusing on breakfast (from Tuesday it will be breakfast and lunch) but also making changes/better choices elsewhere where I can.

I recorded what I ate on the food diary we were given this week but I know a lot got left off. I'm going to record everything accurately on MFP from now on and then transfer the overview to the official sheet once a week. I'm starting on Saturday this week - so it will only be three days worth.

I'm eating a small (ish) meal whenever I am hungry today (exception of breakfast when I wasn't particularly hungry):

8.30 am - porridge, seeds, strawberries, oat milk

KETTLEBELLS CALSS 10 - 11

11.30 am - banana pancakes (banana, 2 eggs, raspberries, coconut oil for cooking, handful oats)

3 pm - spinach & tinned red salmon omelette

So basically as day or breakfasts do far...well it is breakfast week! I am at 1268 Kcals already (and I think the kcals for eggs are higher than the MFP database...129 kcals for TWO medium eggs?) so think I will be lucky to come in less than 2000 kcals today. I should really ditch the wine tonight but that may be a step too far!

I bought a tuna steak for dinner, going to try a recipe out of the lean and clean cookbook with wasable paste, red chillis, green beans and oyster sauce...sounds nice...

Anyway, I am happy that I have started to make an effort to eat healthily and get back into calorie counting :)

Now to start mowing the lawn!

Very happy to report a full day of precise calorie counting!

I ate healthily all day BUT that doesn't mean it was low kcal. It was Saturday night so I had 4 glasses of Prosecco (yes, an entire bottle) - that was fairly restrained for me :eek:.

Had the most gorgeous dinner from the lean and clean cook book - wasabi tuna steak. OMG Tuna steaks are expensive fresh from Waitrose - think it was £5.50!

I had the same breakfast as yesterday but reduced the seeds from 15g to 10g. Yesterday was a really hungry day - probably because of the kettlebells in the morning, so I am hoping that it will be easy to reduce the kcals a bit today. I've still got them set at maintenance (2180 excluding exercise) and I hope to come in below that today. Yesterday I was well over. Today I won't be drinking alcohol though - which is a good start!

Back