Mission to lose 5st (10/70 lbs and counting)

After 11 days of losing every day - I've got a STS. 11 days is quite a long run!

Managed to slightly pull something at Pilates last night - top part of my chest on the RHS. Don't think I have ever done that before! Grateful it isn't my neck. I dare say it was caused by me doing an exercise without relaxing my shoulders...

On I plod...

Learning from yesterday...I had my lunch before 12 pm! Worked out well really as I popped home from work to let the dogs out (oh and tidy up the house so that is isn't a complete pigsty when DS gets home), now I can just work through the lunch break.

I expect I'll have dinner fairly early too - around 5 pm ish.

Pilates injury is still making itself known!

AKA - I haven't really got much to say but wanted to write in my diary anyway :D

A little fluctuate up this morning (just 0.2 lbs though) - been a long time since I had one of these.

Tomorrow is official weekly weigh-in day, and I really don't expect it to be more than 1 lb (and that would only happen if the 0.2 lbs came off again). All very to plan/expected though after the last three weeks losses. It is quite exciting, in a way, to be out of the big losses at the start - as this feels more like 'real' weight loss and it feels like my journey has started properly.

Now that I am firmly on the losing weight road as far as food is concerned - I really want to focus on exercise (not especially to boost weight loss at this stage - simply to be healthier, feel better and fight the effects of aging!).

I'm going to make a chart this afternoon. One for me and one for DS (he has his own daily things he needs to work on!) - no idea where I am going to keep them though. I guess the need to be visible but I don't really like that 'look'!

I haven't done the chart, yet, but I have signed up for 'Pilates Anytime' and completed my first video :D I think this is exactly what I was looking for - so many videos to choose from and you can filter by level, duration, style etc. I'm going to aim to do at least a 5-20 min one every day.

Oh and I have been signed up for the 2 day/week kettlebell course starting in May! Think it is in 8 weeks time - so hopefully I will be a stone lighter by then, and if I keep up with the Pilates much stronger!

Just realised I haven't even thought about dinner...for anyone!

The whole not having much in for dinner...wasn't great! I had a 2 egg omelette (less than 200 kcals) but was still hungry really. Now I've had a succession of snacks [DH and DS are having a takeaway].

*SIGH*

Well, rather than sitting here dwelling on it I think it would be best to put plans in place minimise the chance of it happening in the next week.

Sloppiness has set in!

I had omelette too. ...chased down with oreos!!! Oops!

Thanks Bex :)

Weekend! New Week! :D

This week I aim to:

* Do Pilates every day (5 mins+)
* Try out at least 2 new Hairy Dieters recipes
* Look up some of the quick SW red recipes I used to use and work out the kcals for them (prawn curry etc)
* Do more cleaning/decluttering in downtime
* Make Packed lunches for work (so that I stay there longer and avoid bringing work home!)
* Try some evening walks (but do not aggravate foot - it is definitely getting better!), especially when the munchies strike
* Spend more time with DS
* Do the above rather than posting in diary (once or twice a day is plenty!)

That's probably enough!

Today will probably have to go down as a 'non dieting day' (well almost) - I've had 1728 kcals :eek:

I have days like that. ...on my bad days I make sure I stay below my bmr so technically I should not gain x

I have days like that. ...on my bad days I make sure I stay below my bmr so technically I should not gain x

I think I have done the same...I came in at 2000 kcals. Well I ate more than my BMR but less than the estimate for my energy needs.

My BMR is 1578 and adjusted to be lightly active is 2169 kcals (MFP has it as 2210). It is quite good really to have a point where you would have to call a non/low weight-loss day a gaining day - stops the madness!

Naturally, at the end of the day when I realise I have got through 2000 kcals it becomes obvious that I could have made much better, tastier and more satisfying choices, if I had pre-planned to have that many Calories! I probably shouldn't have had the 1/4 bottle of wine either! I think the odd higher calorie (but not gaining) day is a good thing now and again but I do feel I wasted this one.

I've got all the ingredients in to make coq au vin for dinner tonight (I had a now fat/low cal ready meal lasagne with salad last night), so that is a step in the right direction again.

Lunch has become either:

* 4 rivita, mini pot of phillie light, tomato and red onion
* 4 slices wholemeal nimble + baked beans

Quick and easy - yes but maybe getting a bit boring every day...

Breakfast is always the same, but I really don't mind that.

Right! I will make a real effort to come in below 1500 today!

Last edited:
I know I am in my diary too much now but...

Just been looking at a few more goals to knock off this year. Here is the lowest weight I 'achieved' in each year (that I have kept that data for):

I want 2015 to blast all of those (well except perhaps 2001) out of the water!

Couldn't help it - I had to collate the full, sorry, tale:

Quite sobering to see it laid out like this. OMG.

Anyway, some more goals to aim for in addition to the 5 lbs targets.

I'll update this when I reach each target - in order:

1. Heaviest 2008 (191.2 lbs)
2. Lightest 2014 (185.2 lbs)
3. Lightest 2010 (179.8 lbs)
4. Lightest 2011 (176.6 lbs)
5. Lightest 2012 (165.6 lbs)
6. Lightest 2013 (161.8 lbs)
7. Lightest 2008 (158.4 lbs)
8. Heaviest 2001 (156.0 lbs)
(9. Lightest 2001 (137.0 lbs))

I was, briefly, lighter than 137 lbs back in my first year at uni (1991/1992 age 18/19). I think I was around 10/10.5 st when I went to uni but I took up running there and was fairly sensible with my choices in halls so I definitely lost some weight that year. All back on in second year! I spent most of my time at uni between 10 st and 11 st really. I think, ONE day, the scales read 9 st 2 lbs (128 lbs) but it was literally one day in first year! Anyway, I am taking 137 lbs to be my lightest adult weight and I didn't maintain that either. I still remember how I felt when I was there - pretty fantastic! I kept looking at myself in the mirror and hardly believing it was me that slim! I still felt I could do with losing another 5+ lbs though...

I have to admit part of me really wants to go below 137 lbs but it will be a long time before I can even spot that bridge in the distance let alone contemplate crossing over it!

Last edited:
Well done on your loss this week, zeke! Always nice when it's a bit more than you were expecting too!:D

I overshot my calories last Saturday - booze!:cool: - and ended up with a maintaining day rather than a losing day, but that's one of the beauties of calorie-counting for me; provided I'm keeping a reasonably accurate tally, I know exactly when to stop in order not to end up with that "I've blown it! might as well stuff my face!!" feeling that I can so easily get on non-counted plans. I know what I've had, so I know that's it's not a disaster, and therefore I don't turn it into one, if you get my drift!

Interesting table you've drawn up there, btw - I don't profess to have a clue what it all means, but I am impressed nonetheless! :D

Just when I thought there were no more tabs I could add to my spreadsheet...along came the 'mini targets' :D

The full version...plenty of mini goals!

HAHA!

On a more productive note - I've prepped the coq au vin, but it will have to be for tomorrow now as ideally it should be marinated overnight. I've been shopping and have some new stuff for lunch and some lower calorie snacks (seaweed thins). Today is looking much better calorie-wise!

Last edited:
Made an effort in the kitchen today!

I've made or partially made the following:

Bk2 - A big soup - 6 portions of 157 kcals each (will put half in the freezer)
Bk2 - Chickpea, hot-smoked trout & pomegranate salad - 4 portions of 222 kcals (need to add chickpeas + make dressing)
Bk3 - Coq au vin - 4 portions of 400 kcals (marinating in fridge overnight, so partially prepped)

Despite that I am defrosting a portion of lamb stew for dinner!

Don't seem to be any where near as hungry as I have been the last few days - a relief!

Well done I was doing really well until about 5 when I went on a total sugar binge! Luckily I've managed to stay within calories but only because of exercise!

Back