Mix A Mousse - Am I doing it wrong??

EllieMellie

Silver Member
I have tried MixAMousse tonight for the first time after my CDC gave me a sample. It has chewy lumps in it! Have I done it wrong? I mixed it with an electric whis but ended up with some welded to the bottom of the bowl!
Help! xx
:confused:

I make mine with 150ml of really cold water. I put one scoop of mixamousse in along with a shake and then blend it for a minute. Then I put it in a dish and leave it for 10-20 minutes in the fridge. It always comes out right. The only time it didn't is when I used too much water the first time I did it. Did you use a whisk rather than a blender? That could be why you had lumps in it still?

No, I meant a blender - I just couldn't remember the word! ha ha!
Maybe I used too much water? I ate it anyway - waste not want not! x

Thanks Bettyboo!
Just looked at your pics! WOW!! x

I add the scoop of mousse to the shake sachet, fold over the top and shake it in there, then I add it to the water which I keep in the fridge for MAM.

Blend, fridge, beautiful

Bettyboo you look fantastic. You look like a different person. Well done you.
xx

It's important you make sure you mix the mix a mousse with the cd pack before adding it to the water. You shouldn't get any lumps doing it that way x x x

I just blend and blend and blend until my teeth are rattling - it's the only way to ensure totally lump-free mousse! :) (And I notice that for mousses it's best to keep the blender near the bottom of the shaker - plunging it up and down like I do for shakes/soups doesn't work and doesn't attack all the lumps.) Mix-A-Mousse is weird stuff! :eek:

Hi

I also made the same mistake until I mixed the shake with the mix a mousse thoroughly and now my mousse is amazing..loving it ..........Bettyboo you really look fab and well done.....what an inspiration ................x

have no idea about the moose i'm afraid, but Bettyboo your photo's are incredible! The diffference is astonishing!!!
xx

I had issues with my mousse at first as well. But now I think I've got it right, what I do is mix the mousse with your shake in the bowl you're mixing it in, add 1/2 a cup (measuring cup) of ice cold water and blend with a hand blender for about 5 mins. I lift my blender up and down to make it really airy, it practically doubles the volume and makes the mousse really light and moussey! Transfer into a nice bowl (that you'll eat from) and refrigerate for 10 minutes then eat! Perfect mousse everytime!

Back