Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Mix a Mousse and Jelly

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by WannaBeSlim, 28 February 2007 Social URL.

1. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys

When I try to make either of these, it goes all gloopy, basically I tried to make the jelly, used cold water the works and I ended up with water (flavoured) underneath and a half inch THICK jellylike stuff on top!! Three separate times!!!!

With the mousse, it never went moussy .. just globular and runny!!

What am I doing wrong???:wave_cry: :wave_cry: :wave_cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    I made the mousse tonight, used 150ml of really cold water, poured in the pack of shake and one level scoop of mix-a-moose... then blended for a couple of minutes to get lots of air in... I put it in the fridge for about 30 mins and came out like angel delight...

Jelly I haven't made so no advice sorry, maybe you are using too much water??

Good luck..

Love

4. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    I've just started making jelly. I put 500mls cold water, teaspoon flavouring and 2 scoops of mix a mousse into blender for 30 secs. Then scrape mix a mousse from edges and blend again for 30 secs. Let it settle - it fizzes! then pour into a bowl and put in fridge. Delicious and has a froth like top.
    For mousse - make sure water is ice cold - I put it in freezer for a while until crystals form. Put in fridge. I think I put a little less water in thamn usual but secret is putting water in the freezer first AND blend for at least 1 minute.
    Good luck!

5. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies - will try this again tomororw and use a blender that I put it into instead of a cake mixer that I put into it!!!

6. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    YEAH - it worked!!!

Thanks guys - finally got the jelly to work .. YUMMY!!

7. broadpaws

broadpaws Full Member

Hey Dee

I love Mousse - and am a bit of a whizz at it - PLEASE try this - 1 pint of cold water (I run it cold from the tap!) 1 pack of Vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon of the orange water flavoring - I mix the mousee (a good 2 scoops)and pack together first then add them to the water - whizz in the blender for 1 min then scape around the edge then whizz again pour into a BIG bowl - takes around an hour ish to set (sometimes a touch longer) and is cheescake flavored - fan bloody tastic!!

Caz x

8. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yum Caz .... that sounds good ... could I use berry flavouring instead do you think as I don't have the orange one? ..... that's what I'll have for brekkie tmrw!! Looking forward to it already!!! Yum!!!

Thanks

9. broadpaws

broadpaws Full Member

Hi

Just eaten mine - lush a mondo!! And its such a big bowl!! I thik berry wopuld be fine - you may prefer this mix though...
    Chocolate and berry - Black Forest Gatuex flavor!!

Enjoy let me know what it tastes like. Another good mix is half vanilla and half fruits of the forest .

10. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Mixing the mousse in the pack is the answer...also the colder the water the better!

Good luck
    Nicky

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.