Mix a Mousse and Jelly

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by WannaBeSlim, 28 February 2007 Social URL.

1. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys

When I try to make either of these, it goes all gloopy, basically I tried to make the jelly, used cold water the works and I ended up with water (flavoured) underneath and a half inch THICK jellylike stuff on top!! Three separate times!!!!

With the mousse, it never went moussy .. just globular and runny!!

What am I doing wrong???:wave_cry: :wave_cry: :wave_cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    I made the mousse tonight, used 150ml of really cold water, poured in the pack of shake and one level scoop of mix-a-moose... then blended for a couple of minutes to get lots of air in... I put it in the fridge for about 30 mins and came out like angel delight...

Jelly I haven't made so no advice sorry, maybe you are using too much water??

Good luck..

Love

4. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    I've just started making jelly. I put 500mls cold water, teaspoon flavouring and 2 scoops of mix a mousse into blender for 30 secs. Then scrape mix a mousse from edges and blend again for 30 secs. Let it settle - it fizzes! then pour into a bowl and put in fridge. Delicious and has a froth like top.
    For mousse - make sure water is ice cold - I put it in freezer for a while until crystals form. Put in fridge. I think I put a little less water in thamn usual but secret is putting water in the freezer first AND blend for at least 1 minute.
    Good luck!

5. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies - will try this again tomororw and use a blender that I put it into instead of a cake mixer that I put into it!!!

6. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    YEAH - it worked!!!

Thanks guys - finally got the jelly to work .. YUMMY!!

7. broadpaws

broadpaws Full Member

Hey Dee

I love Mousse - and am a bit of a whizz at it - PLEASE try this - 1 pint of cold water (I run it cold from the tap!) 1 pack of Vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon of the orange water flavoring - I mix the mousee (a good 2 scoops)and pack together first then add them to the water - whizz in the blender for 1 min then scape around the edge then whizz again pour into a BIG bowl - takes around an hour ish to set (sometimes a touch longer) and is cheescake flavored - fan bloody tastic!!

Caz x

8. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yum Caz .... that sounds good ... could I use berry flavouring instead do you think as I don't have the orange one? ..... that's what I'll have for brekkie tmrw!! Looking forward to it already!!! Yum!!!

Thanks

9. broadpaws

broadpaws Full Member

Hi

Just eaten mine - lush a mondo!! And its such a big bowl!! I thik berry wopuld be fine - you may prefer this mix though...
    Chocolate and berry - Black Forest Gatuex flavor!!

Enjoy let me know what it tastes like. Another good mix is half vanilla and half fruits of the forest .

10. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Mixing the mousse in the pack is the answer...also the colder the water the better!

Good luck
    Nicky

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.