Mix- A- Mousse - HELP

Hi , I have bought some mix a mousse and I cant seem to get it right .. I mix it with the powder , then add the water and use a hand mixer for at least 60 seconds .. and am still left with huge lumps .. and it is making me gag trying to eat it :( :jelous:
Please .. anyone who uses it give me some tips :)
Thankyou
Katie

I use a blender (not a hand one) I use very cold tap water, add the shake and MAM on top, screw the lid on and blitz for a minute or so and then stick it in a bowl and pop it in the freezer for about 5 mins. I then blend it again and pop it back in the freezer for another 5 mins. Get the odd little lump sometimes, but this works well for me

1. keep a bottle of water in the fridge, it better as the colder the water the better the result.
2. add the MAM to the shake in the packet, shake, shake and shake again. mix it good in the pack. Even get a teaspoon in there to mix it.
3. water to the mixing jug, then the dry mix, then blend/mix straight away
4. That should be you, works every time for me :)

I use fizzy water, it makes it more bubbly but as others have said mix the MAM with the shake before adding to the water. I was also use a blender, when I used a hand wisk I had lumps too :(

The only time I've ever had a problem is when I didn't whisk it right away. And you have to whisk it for a good few minutes too. I wouldn't even try adding it to tetra's because the end result is like frog spawn, it's really gross xxx

I think determinator, the secret is to start the whisk/blender even before adding shake/MAM mix that works for me. I had a few lumpy results!!
I use 200ml of fridge cold water and whisk for approx 3mins. Not had any problems since usong this method
Good luck, its well worth it to keep trying !! x

Back