Mix a mousse

Slimbride2009

What am I doing wrong? I mixed one level scoop with my chocolate pack then added cold water to make a thickish paste and refrigerated for 10 minutes. But what I got was horrible and too "set"? Not mousse like at all, it was more like chewing silicone or something. What did I do wrong? Should I have added more water to make the mix runnier before refrigerating? Help :confused:

Are you adding enough water? Should be reasonably runny after mixing. From memory, its a minumum of 150 mls of very cold water x

Yeah.... sounds like you aren't putting the right quanity of water in. You need 150ml of very cold water, I always do it in the blender and mix it on high speed for 2 minutes it comes out perfect. Good luck xx

Hiya,
I favour a slightly larger amount of water, exactly 200ml. I ice it, then put it in the blender with the mixed powder, blend on high for a minute, then fridge for 10. I would say it comes out less like an airy mousse, and more like those little chocolate pot 'desserts' you get with whipped cream on the top in the shops for about 70p. Quite tasty and satisfying.

Hello

This is how i do mine now after a few attempts and this really works for me and comes out like Angel Delight.

Put 150mls water in freezer for approx 10 mins till ice crystals start to appear.

Put level spoonful of the mix - a - mousse into the pkt of the shake and shake so it mixes well.

Add to the ice cold water and blend really well with a good blender for 2 / 3 mins.

Then put into a bowl and put back into the FREEZER (not fridge never sets right for me) for about 10 - 20 mins depending on your freezer. Dont freeze it tho so keep checking on it.

This way works perfect for me and hope it helps you too.

Back