Mixed feelings

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi ladies... Hope everyone is well this evening.

Well I joined sw last week+had my first wi tonight. To be honest I did so well with my diet last week on the EE plan, making sure that for the majority of my meals I used my third of the plate with veg, walking on average 40mins a day (as well as running after a toddler) and only using about 6 syns.

So my wi tonight was a loss of 2.5lbs... Is it wrong of me to feel pleased but also slightly disappointed??? I've never been on any plans like this so to be honest I don't know what I expected, but when other new members had losses of 7.5lbs I'm thinking maybe I'm not doing enough :(

Xxx

Hi Angela, am on exante diet where people post losses of 14 lbs a week, and my first weigh in tomorrow and know it wont be anything like that! Just stick at small goals, and sure youll get there. Maybe the big loosers had bad week last week!!
Good luck!

Firstly - well done for losing 2.5lbs! That's super.

I'm relatively new to Slimming World, and lost 2lbs in my first week. I also felt a bit downhearted after my first WI - all of the other new members lost more than me, with one of them losing 8.5lbs. However, since then my losses have increased, and so has my confidence.

Keep your chin up and don't feel bad, if you're losing, you're doing enough. :)

Minibean xx

PS - This is my first post here, hope that's okay!

2.5lbs of fat!!!....google an image of 1lb of fat and you will see how much your hard work has paid off....I have lost 41 of the little tinkers.....at approx 1lb a week.....never under-estimate a loss - however many it may be!!!

Keep going and you will see the difference....

Julie
x

My starting weight was almost the same as yours Angela and I lost 3lb on my first week. I was a bit disappointed, as I was used to losing at least double that on other 'diets' (basically I used to be a crash dieter).

But I quickly realised that even though the weight loss was smaller it was more sustainable. I have now lost more than I have ever lost before on a diet, because I have been able to stick at it for over a year now. Just keep at it, a 2.5 loss is a fabby result. And remember, it doesnt take long for those 'small' amounts to mount up to big ones :D

And by the way I think huge losses at the beginning may be water anyway.....I am sure someone will either prove or disprove that theory

Well done on your loss. You'll probably find that your losses will be steady. People who lose a lot tend to put a lot on whenever they gain.

Trickytree is correct, most large losses during the first week are probably water related.

One thing I will say is that you said that you have 1/3 superfree with most meals. You really need to make sure that you have 1/3 superfree with all your meals as it really does have an impact.

If you were only having 6 syns a day, try increasing them to 10 as not having them can have an adverse affect. Make sure you're having your healthy extras too.

Did you used to do exercise before last week? Sudden exercise can make you retain water, so this is something to take into consideration too.

Don't give up, you'll get more confident as the weeks go on :)

I feel ALOT better now after your comments, at least it's not just me+it's still a loss as well so I should be thankful instead of moaning lol. Great point as well about how this plan is alot more sustainable, it's completely changed my way of cooking on a permanent basis that is perfect for all my family so not just a diet to stick to until I get the weight I want to be then slip again.

Thanks so much for all your comments, really appreciate it :) good luck with all your wi's xxxx

I would've done walking most days to/from work after I park my car but at the end of some days I'd had just jumped on the bus so since last week I don't even make that an option.

As for my third of foods I struggle when it comes to breakfasts to include them, at the weekend I have a cooked breakfast for the family so I have my third then in the form of mushrooms etc but I work during the week+my breakfast those days is a muller light with an Alpen bar followed by fruit mid morning so it's difficult. Always include them every lunch+dinner tho :)

Will take note about the syns, I thought by using only half of the allowance I'd be doing myself a favour but is it possible that would do more damage than good?

Xx

With the syns, a few people have said that they do better when they have what they are allowed. It's also good to start off by having a higher amount as it will give you something to cut back on in the future if your weight loss slows down a bit.

You'll probably find that your weight loss will catch up with you over the month. I was awful last week and didn't stick to my syns at all (although main meals were all on plan) but I still lost 4.5lb. I was expecting a gain! I've had a few weeks where I was disappointed with my loss so I'm thinking that it is finally showing.

I had my fist way in today as well and lost 1lb. I too was dissapointed to begin with, but after i googled a pound of fat :O... at the end of the day it is a step in the right direction!!

Also my C mentioned someone in group who had stuck to the plan 100% but did not use any of her syns, she gained weight. The next week the woman stuck to plan but used all her syns, she lost weight that week. Syns are just as important in this plan as the superfree are. they wouldnt include them if they werent :D

Yes some members do lose alot but only in 1st few weeks of starting till they body adjusts then its usually an average of 1-2lbs a week which is healthy. Were you relatively healthy eating before joining??

Back