Mixing shakes/soups

giantrobot

I was wondering what methods you folks use to mix your shakes and soups. I tend to have mine at the office so without a kitchen, it's a bit tricky. My method involves one of those protein shake mixer beakers and I then add either hot or cold water from the vending machine. This is alright for shakes (which I always have cold) but when I use hot water, it tends to leak as if there's trapped air in it? I have to give it a bit of a stir, shake it, then release the lid to let the air out and then start again. And I've learned if I add the soup before the water it turns gloopy straightaway and won't mix properly.

Anyone got any better ideas?

sorry to hijack so with the soup should you pore water in then soup or soup then water on top? thanks

I bought a cheap hand blender from Tescos and left it in my work office when I did it before. I tend to add half boiling water, top up with a bit of cold to make it around 400ml then add the sachet and blend/whisk.

Can also add salt and pepper to taste :)

sorry to hijack so with the soup should you pore water in then soup or soup then water on top? thanks

Using the shaker cup that I do, it seems to work much better when I add the soup (or shake) after the water. I think the sooner you mix it, the better.

I'm glad this thread wasn't what I first thought it might be about when I saw the title. :D

I use a Phillips hand blender that I got at Argos for £17. It's lovely and easy to clean, mixes the shakes nice and frothy with no clumps. I highly recommend it. It comes with a beaker thing to mix in that shows measurements so you can just pour the water straight in to the right amount, then add the powder and blend.

Back