Mixing WW and SW

I didn't read all of this thread so if it's been covered forgive me. you weigh 130lbs. That's a perfectly reasonable and healthy weight for someone of 5 foot 5. If you want your clothes to fit better, do some exercise and don't combine diet plans. Just eat healthily, avoid stodge and takeaways and get your metabolism moving. xx

I go running a few times a week but varying my exercise would prob help boost my metabolism. It's a shame stodgy tastes so good, lol.

I've invested in a load of superfree and superspeed food this morning. I actually tried EE for a month initially but struggled with portion control. I'm my own worst enemy, lol. I find that doing more old style red days seems to keep me fuller for longer. May revisit it with a sensible head. WW has the advantage of having portion control but feels too much like a diet. My heart prefers the healthier lifestyle logic of SW

SW does have the portion control as well, it just requires you to think about it a little bit more. If you stick to the 1/3rd superfree rule & stop when you are full you should lose on SW. Unless of course you are already at a healthy weight, whih it looks like you are.

If you worry about portion control why not try sucsess express,

SW does have the portion control as well, it just requires you to think about it a little bit more. If you stick to the 1/3rd superfree rule & stop when you are full you should lose on SW. Unless of course you are already at a healthy weight, whih it looks like you are.

Totally agree with Kingleds. As a veggie I fill up on carbs & superfree but (through trial & error) I know how much carbs to eat. Yes we can eat lots of pasta & still lose weight, but we don't eat to excess, we eat until we're satisfied.

I know that if I eat a (big if I'm honest) pasta bake every week I will only have a small loss. If I was to go for a jacket with a HEX & lots of salad I'd do better, I know how much of what (i.e. carbs) to have with my meals so in that sense SW has taught me portion control.

Totally agree with Kingleds. As a veggie I fill up on carbs & superfree but (through trial & error) I know how much carbs to eat. Yes we can eat lots of pasta & still lose weight, but we don't eat to excess, we eat until we're satisfied.

I know that if I eat a (big if I'm honest) pasta bake every week I will only have a small loss. If I was to go for a jacket with a HEX & lots of salad I'd do better, I know how much of what (i.e. carbs) to have with my meals so in that sense SW has taught me portion control.

This all makes sense. I think I sometimes struggle to identify real hunger. I just have to look at a lovely bowl of pasta and my tummy rumbles, lol.

Drink plenty of water...the brain often confuses hunger and thirst so while you may think you want to eat, your body might actually be after water.

1/3 superfree. 1/3 superfree. 1/3 superfree. I could say it more!! Its very important to have it. Not only is it to help you lose weight and give you vital nutrition, but it helps with portion control. You will eat less free food if a third of your plate is filled with veg. Or, if you don't fancy solid veg, have some soup with your tea. I make veg soup all the time and have a small bowl alongside spag bol/curry (all packed with superfree veg!)

If you want to sculpt your body and look more defined, try incorporating some strength training into your life 2-3 times a week. Burns more calories than cardio overall and might improve your body shape to how you want it.

Make sure you snack on healthy things. I often have a muller yogurt and a piece of fruit midmorning and midafternoon. Stops you from gorging on too much food because you are soooo starving since your last meal.

PS - Did I mention 1/3 superfree?

Drink plenty of water...the brain often confuses hunger and thirst so while you may think you want to eat, your body might actually be after water.

1/3 superfree. 1/3 superfree. 1/3 superfree. I could say it more!! Its very important to have it. Not only is it to help you lose weight and give you vital nutrition, but it helps with portion control. You will eat less free food if a third of your plate is filled with veg. Or, if you don't fancy solid veg, have some soup with your tea. I make veg soup all the time and have a small bowl alongside spag bol/curry (all packed with superfree veg!)

If you want to sculpt your body and look more defined, try incorporating some strength training into your life 2-3 times a week. Burns more calories than cardio overall and might improve your body shape to how you want it.

Make sure you snack on healthy things. I often have a muller yogurt and a piece of fruit midmorning and midafternoon. Stops you from gorging on too much food because you are soooo starving since your last meal.

PS - Did I mention 1/3 superfree?

That's really helpful. I'm maxing up the superfree now. Had WI and gained a pound, so gonna give it my best ever shot (apart from tomorrow which is likely to be a controlled disaster)

Have you been going to either a weight watcher or slimming world group? I would have thought they would give you some more advice to help your weight loss rather than you resorting to starvation measures like this.

Yoyo dieter said:
That's really helpful. I'm maxing up the superfree now. Had WI and gained a pound, so gonna give it my best ever shot (apart from tomorrow which is likely to be a controlled disaster)

Why a controlled disaster. How can you expect a plan to work if you don't do it 100%? you might be able to get away with it when you have 4 stone to loose, but not when its a few pounds.

Without being rude, your name says a lot to me. "yoyo dieter" Stop !!! What healthy eating plan are you going to stick with for life? Write down what you like and dislike about both plans and work out what is best for you. As for portion control on SW look at the recipes in the magazine. The portions are not over generous there e.g per portion, rice 40gms, pasta 50 -70 gms. when I got to near target initially I followed these portion sizes and the last couple of pounds came off. I stopped portion control and the weight came on again. Really look at what you think works best in your life. Good luck

Without being rude, your name says a lot to me. "yoyo dieter" Stop !!! What healthy eating plan are you going to stick with for life? Write down what you like and dislike about both plans and work out what is best for you. As for portion control on SW look at the recipes in the magazine. The portions are not over generous there e.g per portion, rice 40gms, pasta 50 -70 gms. when I got to near target initially I followed these portion sizes and the last couple of pounds came off. I stopped portion control and the weight came on again. Really look at what you think works best in your life. Good luck

Agreed. The food is unlimited but at the same time you do have to have a tiny bit of control...eating yourself to the brink of bursting is never the way to lose weight, even if it is low density foods x

Slightly going in a different direction but still sticking to the combo point I have always considered but never implemented the syns as reward for some exercise. So for instance I would like to do something that burns 300 cals but give myself an extra 5 syns (100 cals). I know it's not part of SW I am supposed to chant the body magic mantra but surely this approach at least initially is at least going to motivate me to move and also create a net energy deficit to speed things up? Your comments please!!

I wouldn't.

The free food means you can easily eat the amount of calories you need so upping the syns seems counter-productive as it's more likely to make you overconsume.

leanerandlighter said:
Slightly going in a different direction but still sticking to the combo point I have always considered but never implemented the syns as reward for some exercise. So for instance I would like to do something that burns 300 cals but give myself an extra 5 syns (100 cals). I know it's not part of SW I am supposed to chant the body magic mantra but surely this approach at least initially is at least going to motivate me to move and also create a net energy deficit to speed things up? Your comments please!!

That sounds alot like the WW concept of earning points by exercising.

It's funny you say that. In the old days when I tried WW, I think I actually did a lot more exercise, possibly because the incentive of goodies was there. (I did ultimately lose 2.5 stone and was more toned. But I couldn't sustain it and rediscovered one of the stones). I reckon it's just healthier to work towards doing exercise for the right reasons and not just because you can have an extra treat. I try to focus on the fact that exercise makes me feel less stressed, more confident and does change my shape if I stick to it. I do feel hungry after exercise but I tend to have a banana for a quick satisfying fix, followed by superfree stuff to fill up on. My trouble is just knowing when to stop, but the principle should work.

Back