Moderators - can we have Jim as a mod please?

Moderation is not about being popular and requires us to make deeply unpopular decisions from time to time as the case may be.

The way it currently works on MiniMins is that everybody who uses MiniMins has a vested interest in ensuring that MiniMins is kept spam and trouble free, which is done by the use of the reported post button.

You may have noticed that a few members have obtained a badge under their name that says "Professional Spaminator" this is in recognition of helping to keep MiniMins spam free.

Jim is more than welcome to be the spokes person for the Atkins diet forum on MiniMins.

If anything has to be done he can talk directly to the moderation and admin via PM, but I would like to let everybody know that you can contact anybody in the moderation team for any reason at any time.

Pierce

Thanks for the reply Pierce. The feeling that we wanted an admin who was here all the time arose from someone suggesting a thread be made a sticky a few weeks ago (can't even remember which one it was now!) and that not happening.

If there was an admin who read every post on the board it would have just been done by him or her. Obviously Minimins is such a big and busy place now that it just isn't possible for a small group of Admins to be everywhere and read everything, so it just seemed to make sense to ask for Jim to do it, as he's been around since the beginning, and is here every day and does in fact reply to every post. :)

I absolutely take your point that the way to get things done, in the absence of an admin who does Atkins and reads everything here, is to PM an admin and ask them to do it. So we'll be doing that then. Although I still think it would be more sensible for Jim to have the power. ;)

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. :)

Remember if there is something you want made a sticky or anything just PM one of the Moderators for the board and itll be done before you know it ;) Theres usually one of us not too far away :)

Thanks for the reply Pierce. The feeling that we wanted an admin who was here all the time arose from someone suggesting a thread be made a sticky a few weeks ago (can't even remember which one it was now!) and that not happening:)

It was the Q&A that Jim answered about his experience of losing weight on Atkins :)

Sx

Wow! So it has been made sticky. Loads of mods and admins here now! Hello!

Wow! So it has been made sticky. Loads of mods and admins here now! Hello!

I personally made it a sticky the day it was asked for.

Also, as it has already been pointed out if you need something in a hurry you can always private message or use the report button which you will find on the left side of all posts...

You can also post in the Technical forum

Forum Technical Support - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

As I always say...if you need any help please ask as there is always someone who will come along and help out...might not always be instant but normally you don't have to wait too long.

Moderation is not about being popular and requires us to make deeply unpopular decisions from time to time as the case may be.

Too right Pierce, but at least we don't seem to get any flame wars around here, or not that I've seen on the Atkins threads anyway, not like my other boards. :)

LOL, I can't think why Claire, I'm a crotchety old fart at the best of times. :D

Back