Cruise PV Moist beefburgers

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by anjuschka, 1 December 2010 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

After posting the summary of these on Ems diary I thought it only fair to share. If you find extra-lean beef mince too dry try this for a PV day:

1lb extra-lean beef mince
    1 onion
    1 small courgette

Seasoning to taste: Salt & Pepper, and I like to add Majoram or Tarragon (not both!)

Finely mince the onion and the courgette. I use a chopper for that - an attachment for my blender. It should be nearly as fine as the meat. Mix all together well, add seasoning to taste, knead with your hands and form into patties.
    Grill in a 'health grill', at least that's the only cooking method I have tried so far, maybe dry-fry in a frying pan or bake in the oven too, though that could extract more moisture again.

That's it. The extra courgette add a nice level of juicyness. Yum yum, even my picky kids like them and requested me to make them again.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

I opened this with glee, but then see it's for PV... (where, if I have mince at all, it'll be either Vicky's cheeseburger pie... or a kefta...).

I have my 5% fat beefburgers on PP just dry fried with a runny fried egg on the top and spoonful of fromage frais with tip of tspn of mustard on the side... YUM!

4. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

thanks for the tip anjuschka, i'll defo check it out on PV.

Cheeseburger pie? Sounds too good to be true! Is it Dukan friendly?

5. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

For PP days, I make my burgers like this:

(makes 4 large burgers)

500g lean minced steak/beef
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tbsp wheat bran
    2 small gherkins, chopped finely

You just mix it all up, shape into 4 patties and grill to your liking.

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Hi Emma - the cheeseburger pie is an Atkins recipe, that Vicky kindly transformed into an "ok Dukan PV" one. I'll post it here, and also separately on the recipe thread in case people don't look.

The only tricky thing is to find low fat cheese (maximum 7% fat) and one portion of 30g is all that's allowed, so a mere sprinkling really for the topping...

Cheeseburger Pie
    Ingredients:
    500g lean minced beef
    50g finely chopped onion
    150g chopped mushrooms
    3 eggs
    fat free Fromage frais
    low fat grated chedder (7% fat, maximum 30g per portion)

salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat. (I add fresh tomato too, and some herbs and chilli powder...).

Place in a deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
    Beat eggs add fromfrais.
    Pour over the top of mince, sprinkle grated cheese over
    bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
    Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
    Cut in to portions
    This freezes very well.
    Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

7. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

I think that the cheeseburger pie would still be really good even without the addition of grated cheese. I'll probably give it a try without it next week.

8. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

it really does sound good - i'll add it to my list of things to try - thanks very much!

9. monty1978

monty1978 Full Member

gonna try, sounds really good