Cruise PV Moist beefburgers

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
After posting the summary of these on Ems diary I thought it only fair to share. If you find extra-lean beef mince too dry try this for a PV day:

1lb extra-lean beef mince
1 onion
1 small courgette

Seasoning to taste: Salt & Pepper, and I like to add Majoram or Tarragon (not both!)

Finely mince the onion and the courgette. I use a chopper for that - an attachment for my blender. It should be nearly as fine as the meat. Mix all together well, add seasoning to taste, knead with your hands and form into patties.
Grill in a 'health grill', at least that's the only cooking method I have tried so far, maybe dry-fry in a frying pan or bake in the oven too, though that could extract more moisture again.

That's it. The extra courgette add a nice level of juicyness. Yum yum, even my picky kids like them and requested me to make them again.

I opened this with glee, but then see it's for PV... (where, if I have mince at all, it'll be either Vicky's cheeseburger pie... or a kefta...).

I have my 5% fat beefburgers on PP just dry fried with a runny fried egg on the top and spoonful of fromage frais with tip of tspn of mustard on the side... YUM!

thanks for the tip anjuschka, i'll defo check it out on PV.

Cheeseburger pie? Sounds too good to be true! Is it Dukan friendly?

Hi Emma - the cheeseburger pie is an Atkins recipe, that Vicky kindly transformed into an "ok Dukan PV" one. I'll post it here, and also separately on the recipe thread in case people don't look.

The only tricky thing is to find low fat cheese (maximum 7% fat) and one portion of 30g is all that's allowed, so a mere sprinkling really for the topping...

Cheeseburger Pie
Ingredients:
500g lean minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
3 eggs
fat free Fromage frais
low fat grated chedder (7% fat, maximum 30g per portion)

salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat. (I add fresh tomato too, and some herbs and chilli powder...).

Place in a deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add fromfrais.
Pour over the top of mince, sprinkle grated cheese over
bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Back