mokey30's Refeed Diary....I'm going to do this!!

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
Saturday 1st May, refeed is finally here after 9 weeks of TFR!

Day 1

Brunch - Strawberry lipotrim pack

Dinner - Marinated Chicken breast cooked on a grill pan with a little water, with a salad of iceberg, spinach, green pepper, beef tomato, vine cherry tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, red onion, celery, splashed with balsamic vinegar.

Evening - Maintenance caramel bar

Drinks - 4 litres water, 2 mugs Green Tea, 2 small tumblers of Diet Cherry Coke (this tasted SO sweet and took ages to drink)

I started the day with a trip to the hairdressers and treated myself to a cut and blow dry!! I even had a fringe cut which apparently makes my face look thinner!!!:D

I then walked to the library....its been a long time... and got two books about the GI diet. :read: I have read both books cover to cover and really think it makes perfect sense!! As the idea of joining weight watchers disgusted my husband, i think adopting the GI lifestyle is maybe the way forward!!

I then walked up to the butchers and got 2kg of chicken breast, 16oz of lean steak mince, and 6 thin pork loin steaks!!
I spent the afternoon separating and freezing all the meat and marinated two chicken breasts for tea! One in soy sauce and chinese 5 spice, and one in lemon juice and chilli!! I then washed and cut all the salad stuff in preparation for tea!!
I was feeling really apprehensive about the first meal, i was worried about eating!! I know its only been 9 weeks, but the thought of eating again was really worrying me!! So I decided the best course of action was to take the dog for a 2 hour walk!! :chores016:

Anyway, i digress!! :whistle: At 5.30pm I bit the bullet and started to prepare tea!!! :eat:
I had marinated both chicken breasts for about 5 hours, and me and my husband halfed them so we had half chilli and half a chinese each. it took us about half an hour to eat our tea, and we both left some, but in hindsight i think i made two much salad!! I actually left some chicken!!!
I must say, the food was amazing, the flavours were just so good after eating mostly strawberry shake for 9 weeks!!!
I was really pleased that my husband's palate has changed, and he enjoyed the chilli chicken and could handle the little chilli kick! It the past, he used to hate it when i put black pepper on something, so i used to have to make separate meals so that his were bland and mine had a kick!!! he's finally open to trying new things, so i'm looking forward to trying him out with chilli and garlic prawns!! :D
It was the dog's forth birthday so she had a special tea too!!! After tea, me and the dog went for half an hour stroll to help digest the food, and i think this helped!! Although it was so weird to be picking bits of chicken out of my teeth!!!!

I did feel so full all night!! I felt like i had been naughty and eaten too much, like an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach!!!!

Although i didn't feel like eating again, i knew i still needed to have a pack, so i gave the maintenance bar a go. I think this was a mistake! It was far too heavy!! it took me an hour to eat, and to be honest it was not that nice!!!

I woke up this morning (sunday) without the usual empty feeling!! It was weird! :woohoo:
so far today I have had the maintenance Chocolate formula with milk.......GORGEOUS!!! However, i couldn't finish it!!!
I will post my day 2 refeed later, but its going well.....so far!!!

Sunday 2nd May

Day 2

Breakfast - Chocolate Whip with skimmed milk - OH MY GOD, GORGEOUS!!!

Lunch - one tablespoon of Cottage Cheese (low fat of course) with 2 slices of B Matthews Chicken Breast with a salad of iceberg, spinach, beef tomato, Pepperdew pepper, cucumber, red onion, celery, splashed with balsamic vinegar.

Tea - Baked cod with lemon juice and black pepper, with red onion, garlic, courgette, carrot and broccoli, stirfried in a pan with water and balsamic vinegar

Drinks - 4 litres water, 2 mugs Green Tea, 3 small tumblers of Cherry Diet Coke

Well I think i've had a successful day!! I really loved the chocolate whip maintenance pack this morning, and it was nice to have milk, but i had to throw some of it out!! I was full instantly!
It was nice to have my cottage cheese again....I LOVE the stuff!
Tea was fabulous, i can't get over how wonderful all the cooking flavours are! And I'm amazed at how cooking the food without fats or oils does not impede the flavour in anyway.....i can get used to this!!

Exercise today was an hour and 20 mins walk with the dog (boy was it cold!!) and an hour of badminton....that didn't go so well!! The first game was ok, but my husband and i both ran out of steam halfway through, we definately needed our tea!!

Let me know if you maintainers think my food diary is ok so far please

Looking forward to tomorrow for a baked potato.....!

Wooohooo refeed time KT! Exciting stuff!

Your menu looks fabulous, and so tasty. I can relate to everything you have said, even down to the bits in the teeth! So bloody annoying! I used to be able to wait until about an hour before brushing, now I'm brushing as soon as I've eaten! Isn't it fantastic how the palate changes, evereything tastes so wonderful, like it's never tasted before. Men huh! They so hate change and trying new things, my Hub is the same until I give him it, then having to admit it's lovely kills him.

The naughty, uncomfortable feeling will pass once our tummys gets used to eating again (I hope!) I felt so so naughty drinking my vodka on Saturday night.

Oh I loved the maintenance bar, and thought for sure I'd hate it! It fills you up so much. Haven't tried cottage cheese yet, was a bit unsure if I was allowed it? Is it on the sheet? I loved the stuff before LT and wouldn't mind having it again.

I agree - Fat, oils, salt - who needs them when food tastes this good. I kind of got used to not cooking with these things as I put my whole family on a healthy eating plan when I started LT, so those things were banned.

Keep up the exercise, you're doing brilliantly. You'll love the baked potato, it's especially lovely with fat free fromage frais and chives, yum.

Keep posting, helps me a lot

X

Wooohooo refeed time KT! Exciting stuff!

Your menu looks fabulous, and so tasty. I can relate to everything you have said, even down to the bits in the teeth! So bloody annoying! I used to be able to wait until about an hour before brushing, now I'm brushing as soon as I've eaten! Isn't it fantastic how the palate changes, evereything tastes so wonderful, like it's never tasted before. Men huh! They so hate change and trying new things, my Hub is the same until I give him it, then having to admit it's lovely kills him.

The naughty, uncomfortable feeling will pass once our tummys gets used to eating again (I hope!) I felt so so naughty drinking my vodka on Saturday night.

Oh I loved the maintenance bar, and thought for sure I'd hate it! It fills you up so much. Haven't tried cottage cheese yet, was a bit unsure if I was allowed it? Is it on the sheet? I loved the stuff before LT and wouldn't mind having it again.

I agree - Fat, oils, salt - who needs them when food tastes this good. I kind of got used to not cooking with these things as I put my whole family on a healthy eating plan when I started LT, so those things were banned.

Keep up the exercise, you're doing brilliantly. You'll love the baked potato, it's especially lovely with fat free fromage frais and chives, yum.

Keep posting, helps me a lot

X

Thanks Betsy, I forgot how amazing food tastes!!

I have always been obsessed with cottage cheese and philly light/extra light so i emailled LT and they said both could be introduced from day 2!! Brilliant!!!

I ordered my shopping on line and although i stipulated 8oz potatoes they sent 2 10oz and 2 12oz!! So tonight me and the hubby will be splitting one with garlic and herb light philly..... god my taste buds are going into overdrive just thinking about it lol

I know its a little naughty, but we're going to have alcohol on day 7..... its our first wedding anniversary so i'm cooking us a special meal (refeed guidelines followed of course) but we're going to open a bottle of champagne..... I foresee me passing out soon after lol

Ktx

Thanks Betsy, I forgot how amazing food tastes!!

I have always been obsessed with cottage cheese and philly light/extra light so i emailled LT and they said both could be introduced from day 2!! Brilliant!!!

I ordered my shopping on line and although i stipulated 8oz potatoes they sent 2 10oz and 2 12oz!! So tonight me and the hubby will be splitting one with garlic and herb light philly..... god my taste buds are going into overdrive just thinking about it lol

I know its a little naughty, but we're going to have alcohol on day 7..... its our first wedding anniversary so i'm cooking us a special meal (refeed guidelines followed of course) but we're going to open a bottle of champagne..... I foresee me passing out soon after lol

Ktx

It gives you such an appreciation of how food is meant to taste, how it's meant to be used and enjoyed, if you know what I mean!

Before I was literally shovelling food to block emotions and comfort me, and I was not even tasting it! Now that it's fresh and not covered in fats, oils and salts it's serving a different purpose - it's fuelling my body in order to keep it fit and healthy. God I sound like a preacher sometimes!

Yeah half of one of those spuds is more than enough. I couldn't even manage a 4oz one the first time I had one. Thanks so much, I'm really looking forward to some cottage cheese now! Your spud with the garlic and herb light philly sounds delicious, you'll so enjoy it.

Awww your 1st anniversary, you'll both so enjoy it. A lovely healthy meal and a few glasses of bubbly and wooohooo the night will be full of surprises :D You'll have a fantastic time!

I got bought a few bottles of Champagne for losing the weight, but I was too into my vodka to pop one open haha. Yeah I passed out in the end, but it was so worth it!

Thanks for posting all your food and thoughts KT. Helps me so much.

X

Well done on 9 weeks of TFR! I did 12 weeks last year and on my first refeed day I had a maintenance bar :eek:, OMG it took me forever to eat it, a bit at a time very slowly.
Your menu sounds great, can I ask you how much cottage cheese you had?
I love the stuff also especially the one with pineapple......any ideas if that's ok on refeed?
I'm trying to pick up ideas for a more interesting menu, last time all I had was tuna and salad and I was sick of it in the end....that's what caused me to go off the refeed menu. Don't want to do that this time round.

Wahey! Refeed!!!!

Hope your finding it ok sweet :)

Monday 3rd May

Day 3

Breakfast - Half an orange cream maintenance (I had half because I knew I wouldn't be able to have a full one after yesterday's Chocolate drink!!)

Lunch - one tablespoon of Cottage Cheese mashed with half a tin of mackerel (the dog got the other half!) with a salad of iceberg, spinach, beef tomato, Pepperdew pepper, cucumber, red onion, celery, splashed with balsamic vinegar.

Tea - Chicken breast poached in a pan with water, soy sauce, paprika, chilli pepper and courgette, shallot and mushrooms. Served with half a baked potato with garlic and herb low fat philly...... oh my god, YUM!!!

Supper - the other half of the orange cream maintenance drink

Drinks - 4 litres water, 2 mugs Green Tea, 500ml bottle of 7up free, 1 small tumblers of Cherry Diet Coke

woke up with a really bad headache today which i couldn't seem to get rid of all day :cry:
Took the dog and the husband for a two hour walk, and we were so knackered! Completely devoid of any energy......we thought we would have piles of energy now that we are eating, but it feels like the first few days of ketosis again!! Whilst on the walk we stopped at a shop and i almost bought water, then remembered we could have diet drinks so got a 7up free....that was lush (must avoid that becomming a new addiction)!! We passed by a village fate and the smell coming from the 'Bellybusters' food van was horrible, all we could smell was the fat and oil... in the past we would have stopped for a buger and chips!! Actually, in the past we would never have walked that far lol

Dinner was fantastic, god it was nice to have a potato again!! Glad we had half each though, i would never have managed a full one!!! the Garlic and herb philly was like a party on my tastebuds.... that definatey IS a new obsession...and I don't care lol

Had a friend visit tonight, so we took the dog out for another hour walk, my legs are starting to burn!! But if it's helping with digesting this new food then i can't complain!
Worried i'm becoming boring now though - in the past if a friend visited we'd be off to the pub, now its hat on and dog walked!!!

On a training course for work for the next two days so i'm about to make a sandwich to take with me and avoid the greasy canteen....... oh bread tomorrow, i can't wait!!! :D

Well done on 9 weeks of TFR! I did 12 weeks last year and on my first refeed day I had a maintenance bar :eek:, OMG it took me forever to eat it, a bit at a time very slowly.
Your menu sounds great, can I ask you how much cottage cheese you had?
I love the stuff also especially the one with pineapple......any ideas if that's ok on refeed?
I'm trying to pick up ideas for a more interesting menu, last time all I had was tuna and salad and I was sick of it in the end....that's what caused me to go off the refeed menu. Don't want to do that this time round.

Hey Taylor,
I only use one tablespoon of cottage cheese, but add it to a small portion of another protein, like two slices of BM chicken breast, or today I used it with half a tin of mackerel instead of using mayo!
I have only used Tesco Light choices plain cottage cheese though. I don't know about one with pineapple... if its low fat though it would probably be ok, but not until you are able to reintroduce fruit? Email lipotrim, they would be able to advise you better.

I'm off the opinion that variety is the key to a successful refeed and maintenance. I've always found with diets where you count points or calories you tend to have the same 'safe' options all the time, which leads to boredom, which leads to snacking, which leads to over-eating, which leads to 16 stone!!!

I previously did LL and lost 10 stone, but with my wedding soon after finishing i didn't do the route to management properly and threw maintenance completely out the window and subsequently put 5 stone back on! I am so very very determined that this time i will keep the weight off, in fact i still want to lose another stone so fingers crossed!!!

Ktx

So glad you're enjoying it Kt :) ... It's great waking up to all the tastes and textures we either took for granted or completely obscured with fat or sugar or whatever before.

I think one of the keys is to try to remember how you're feeling now. The further you get into maintenance the more you reintroduce and it's REALLY easy to fall back into old habits. I don't say this to be a prophet of doom, please don't think that. I am trying to warn you in case you make the same mistakes I did!

When I got the the end of TFR I really thought I knew all there was to know about my eating habits and I'd 'cracked' all my issues .... Ha Ha!!! Far from it - I'd just temporarily removed them.
Again - I don't mean to burst any bubbles. Perhaps what I'm saying is don't let your guard down too quickly, make sure you know where you are and what you're doing. You're doing FAB right now and I'm sure you'll continue to do so. :):) xx

So glad you're enjoying it Kt :) ... It's great waking up to all the tastes and textures we either took for granted or completely obscured with fat or sugar or whatever before.

I think one of the keys is to try to remember how you're feeling now. The further you get into maintenance the more you reintroduce and it's REALLY easy to fall back into old habits. I don't say this to be a prophet of doom, please don't think that. I am trying to warn you in case you make the same mistakes I did!

When I got the the end of TFR I really thought I knew all there was to know about my eating habits and I'd 'cracked' all my issues .... Ha Ha!!! Far from it - I'd just temporarily removed them.
Again - I don't mean to burst any bubbles. Perhaps what I'm saying is don't let your guard down too quickly, make sure you know where you are and what you're doing. You're doing FAB right now and I'm sure you'll continue to do so. :):) xx

Hi Jan,

i don't think you are the prophet of doom, far from it, you are experienced in this.... i'm just on day 3 of refeed lol
I have just made a sandwich for tomorrow's lunch, and although i'm massively looking forward to bread, i know i the past i've been a bread fiend (like, easily polish off a loaf in one sitting) so i even considered not reintroducing it yet, but i thought it best to bite the bullet and get it over and done with as i'm trying to avoid being 'afraid' of foods. Every thing in moderation right?!!

you are totally rigt in saying remember how i feel now... i am AMAZED at how much you DO NOT NEED fats and oils in cooking. To actually taste the food for what it is is stunning! I have not bought any marg or butter, and have a tub of 1 cal spray oil that i plan to only use if i'm roasting veg in the future.

It is easy to get complacent, i sense that already, but i know if i just watch my portion sizes i could really achieve this (this time)!

I got two books on the GI diet and announced yesterday to my husband that we will be starting a 14-day GI diet on saturday.... today my husband talked me out of that. He said by all means adopt the ideas of GI, but why replace one weight-loss diet with another weight-loss diet, surely the key is to control and manage our eating habits long-term....... Thats the first time in a long time that boy has made sense!!!

So I feel quite good this week with the meals laid out in front of me. I think my plan is to continue eating this way with the addition of porridge or museli for breakfast..... will have to see how it goes!!

But don't worry about bursting any bubbles, i totally appreciate the help, support and guidance :thankyou:

Ktx

Good for your husband - he's quite right. You can adopt principles without following a plan to the letter.

I remember saying to someone who was about to refeed & posted their proposed diary which included salting - chicken i think it was -before baking it ... why? Bake the chicken (or whatever it was) taste it and then only add salt if you need it. It was only then that they realised it was simply a habit and as far as I know they haven't added any salt since. Just shows we really are creatures of habit :)

I'm glad you feel good - a lot of that maybe to do with the security of having that plan and there's nothing wrong with that. It's when we don't know what we're going to have that we can grab something it would be better not to have ... you seem to have all the right ideas to me!! xx

Good for your husband - he's quite right. You can adopt principles without following a plan to the letter.

I remember saying to someone who was about to refeed & posted their proposed diary which included salting - chicken i think it was -before baking it ... why? Bake the chicken (or whatever it was) taste it and then only add salt if you need it. It was only then that they realised it was simply a habit and as far as I know they haven't added any salt since. Just shows we really are creatures of habit :)

I'm glad you feel good - a lot of that maybe to do with the security of having that plan and there's nothing wrong with that. It's when we don't know what we're going to have that we can grab something it would be better not to have ... you seem to have all the right ideas to me!! xx

Aw thanks Jan, its nice to hear someone thinks i have right ideas lol my husband certainly doesn't at the moment!!! ;)

i had a panic the other day about thursday.... day 6 of refeed and i have meetings all day in a different office.... 3 hour journey each way, meetings all morning, site visit all afternoon and....... they will be providing a buffet lunch! :eek: Well this sent my worry levels rocketing, but, and advise me if you think this is a good idea or not....
Was going to eat the maintenance bar for breakfast (because that bad boy ain't half filling), have two sandwiches from the buffet (made of one slice of bread, with a meat filling) and a piece of fruit, then my planned dinner once i'm home.
Do you think that ok?
I was contemplating taking a sandwich with me, but there will be no cooling facilities, and i'm not sure its a good idea to sit with all the big guns and snub the lunch they provided..... :confused:

xx

I think your plan is fine - OR you could have one of the other maintenance products for breakfast and have a bar with you - then you could nibble enough at the lunch to be polite and fill up with the bar - in the loo if necessary! Sounds awful I know but preferable to having more than you want at lunch I'd have thought. ... But here you are - on your way into maintenance and these are exactly the situations where you CAN find a way through. Even if what you have at lunch isn't ideal you are not going to gain 14stone. It's a slight blip at worst - probably make no difference at all.

This is where all of us need to learn to relax and accept the ups and downs. Easy to say I know :eek: ... at your stage of things I understand completely how daunting 'straying' from the conceived path seems - but it really won't make any difference xx

I think that was me Jan. I remember you telling me that! And yup, i still don't add salt to stuff!!!!!!! :D

;) I knew it was you Tan - didn't think it was up to me to say though ;) :):) xx

Tuesday 4th May

Day 4

Breakfast - Maintenance Strawberry drink

Lunch - 2 slices of seed sensation bread, spread with tangy tomato pickle, and consisting of BM chicken breast slice, scraping of cottage cheese, lettuce, spinach, green pepper, red onion, with a side of cherry tomatoes and pepperdew peppers

Tea - 4oz lean steak mince cooked with red onion, yellow pepper, carrot, mushrooms and half tin chopped tomatoes. Served with three new potatoes

Snack - half a stick of celery, half a new potato with a teaspoon of cottage cheese, and i licked the garlic and herb philly off the spoon whilst making lunch for tomorrow!!

Drinks - 4 litres water, 3 mugs Green Tea, 500ml bottle of 7up free, 500ml bottle Sprite zero, 1 small tumblers of Cherry Diet Coke, large glass soda water

Well i was really looking forward to bread, and it didn't disapoint!! BUT I could not eat my whole sandwich! I had half of it with the tomatoes and peppers at 12.15 and finished it off later at around 3pm.

Our tea tonight was fantastic! I forgot how well i can cook! There seemed to be loads of food tonight, and again i couldn't finish it all (my husband obliged!!)

I was planning to have a supper of cottage cheese and carrot and pepper sticks later as i'm working on a presentation tonight, but currently feel SO FULL i couldn't contemplate having anything else!!

No fruit as yet, and if i'm honest i don't plan to have any until maybe next week....

I'm thinking maybe i'm drinking a few too many diet soda drinks, lemonade and coke........ But its keeping me away from reaching for the sweets and chocolate....still ignoring the easter egg sat in my cupboard!!!

And also, still lacking energy, but my throat has been hurting today so wonder if i'm coming down with something.....

Last edited:
Even if what you have at lunch isn't ideal you are not going to gain 14stone. It's a slight blip at worst - probably make no difference at all.

This is where all of us need to learn to relax and accept the ups and downs. Easy to say I know :eek: ... at your stage of things I understand completely how daunting 'straying' from the conceived path seems - but it really won't make any difference xx

I think i'm still reeling from the 3lb weight-gain last friday....! xx

Monkeyyyyyyyyyyyy.................... where did you manage to buy pepperdew peppers??????

I have been looking everywhere for these, my bf loves them but can't find em anywhere!!

p.s ... menu looking good today :)

Back