MommyB's Calorie counting caper !!

mommyB

love it
After a bit of soul searching and seeking advice I am going to give calorie counting another go. Have done it before with some success so fingers crossed for this time.
I have a main diary in the members section but thought it would be useful to have one here to pick your brains and a bit of extra support ( in both directions of course).

Signed up to the sparkpeople website too which tells me to eat between 1410 and 1760 cals a day so am aiming for 1500ish. Does this sound good to everyone ?

Going away this weekend so am going to have a couple of days 'dummy run' and start properly next week, when i also start my new job so changes all around.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Ok so here's my 1st day
1/2 pint skimmed milk for use in drinks throughout the day 100

Breakfast

1 slice wholemeal toast 75
low fat spread 15
1 med fried egg ( in olive oil) 110
Total 200

Lunch

ww lasagnge 253
salad 0
Spoon of lite mayo 50
asda gfy choc mousse 70
Total 373

Diner

Quorn cottage pie 219
carrots,brocoli,cauliflower 0
pot of low fat rice pud 137
Total 356

Total so far 1029, leaving some spare for a snack soon and a couple of glasses of vino later. Not bad for a 1st day if I do say so myself !!

thursday 26th aug

Breakfast-2 wholemeal toast with spread and peanut butter
Lunch-picnic
Diner-chilli made with turkey mince and brown rice

Will work out cals later

Aha! At last mommy B! (No rules reguarding new threads!)

Sounds like you are of to a fine start! I've only ever had success with calorie counting. Good luck darling girl!

Thanks ladies,that's me now til tuesday as am away tomorrow til monday- i wont mention seaside fish and chips or ice creams LOL-i'll be having them but we just wont talk about them !!

i did enjoy and now I'm back-struggling a bit today as i need to go shopping, not much healthy in the house but doing ok so far
Breakfast was 2 toast with spread and peanut butter
Lunch was beef and veg big soup with 1 slice bread and spread

Going to have some crisps now to tide me over til tea,not sure yet what that will be-Oh decisions, decisions !!

milk for drinks 100

Breakfast 2 toast,spread and peanut butter 410

lunch beef and veg big soup, slice bread and spread 323

snack crisps 130
2 chocs 100 (est)

diner asda liver ,bacon and mash meal with green beans 356

total for day 1419

Hiya

Just thought i'd drop in and show some support.

Your doing really well so far.

Diarys are a great tool for helping to lose weight, I keep one on my computer its good for looking back to see what I was eating on the weeks I didn't get good losses. And also good for working the calories out at the end of the day.

Will you be weighing yourself, if so, how often?

Good luck!!

:)

Hiya and thanks for your support. Officially my weigh in day is friday, but I'm one of those terrible people who scale hop pretty much every day !!
Got myself a new note book today to start noting things down in, new start, new book LOL
Also starting my new job tomorrow,although it will be a training day rather than start proper-that's thursday. Will need to get into a whole new routine-working 11.45 to 3.15 i think this will mean maybe 4 small meals or maybe a substantial snack before i start and a late lunch. I guess i will try both and see which works best.
Its also my daughter's birthday this week and i have the party to deal with too.

All going on isnt it ?? LOL

All the best with your new job and the calorie counting, your food looks really good. X

Wednesday 1st Sept

Milk for drinks 100

Breakfast

small glass orange juice 50
Omlette made with 2 eggs and 1oz grated cheese in a spray of olive oil 290

Lunch

salmon fillett 190
tomatoes and courgettes ,with s drizzle of balsamic vinegar 0
banana 80

Snack
go ahead baked slices ( 3 in a pack and yes I had all 3 :D) 165

Dinner
asda aloo sag 380
half pack tilda brown basmati rice 170

Total for day 1425

Aloo sag is potato and spinach curry...mmmmm....
And thank you

just updating food for-lost my bit of paper with the figs on but total for the day was around 1300 so am well chuffed with that.

Milk for drinks

B-50g sultana bran with skimmed milk
L#1 quorn lemon and black pepper escalope with salad and 1 tblspn lite mayo
L#2 1slice toast with soya spread and small can heinz spaghetti
Dinner- prawns with noodles in sechzuan and tomato sauce with stir fry veg.

Am acutally a bit peckish now so may have a cereal bar and still be under-whoop whoop as they say !!

well done ur doin fab i hope u dont mind me following this is the first time am goin2 be calorie counting am i right in thinkin i can eat anything as long as i count the calories am also goin to do a diary ur doin fab hun look forward to hearing of you x

Back