Monthly blow out.

Saxman V2

Am just curious does anyone else have a monthly blow out?
And what I mean by that is after my weekly weigh in after each month, I would have a “blow out” ( a meal not on diet), my first month blow out this time around we went to Toby Carvery and enjoyed turkey, small amount of stuffing, green beans and cauliflower cheese. Didn’t have any gravy but I took my tub of whole grain mustard with me and for the first time in a month could say am stuffed!
I do this blow out for a few reasons.
1. It’s a nice reward for a month of eating what were allowed.
2. It helps to re-start your metabolism.
What I mean by that is your body will settle into processing only small quantities, throw a spanner into the works (so to speak) and it forces your body to react, YES it will probably throw you out of ketosis, but if your not overly bothered about that it’s a good suggestion.
Mindset is another key thing with the blow out for example have planned my next one going to a Brazilian steak house, so will be having plenty of protein, and keeping the carbs to a minimum, rather than a dirty great Kebab. (Although that does sound good) Even though it’s not diet approved keeping to the guidelines means your not doing to much damage.

Would be interested to hear other people’s thoughts in this.

Back