Monthly Pass (something I don't get)

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
I got the impression that once you lose a stone in weight then you go down points, and if you don't have a calculator then your leader will let you know what your new daily points allowance is.

(Please feel free to correct me at any point, if wrong)

Thats all ok, I get that.

But now my hubby and I signed up to monthly pass, and when I entered all the details for him (cause he's at work at the moment) first after I entered the 7lbs he lost the first week it said he was on 46 points a day, and now after entering last nights losses it says he is on 45 point.

Why does the online points/weight loss tracker do it differently to meetings, I only ask, cause if he was eating 48points a day it would say he had gone over his points allowance online..

And does he go by the online daily points allowance or what he has been told at meetings?

NB - At 48points a day (which my hubby was supposed to be on in the first place) he was never losing weight so he lowered the initial figure too 44 anyway so now he is thinking of lowering that too 43 to compensate for the online tracker telling him he needs to be on 45points a day..

Anyway to anyone who gets this far, and can make sense of it all, any help would be gratefully appreciated

I'm kinda a newbie to WW, but is it not rounded to the nearest stone and calculated like that, or something?

I'm kinda a newbie to WW, but is it not rounded to the nearest stone and calculated like that, or something?

Well I know with the old ww plan once you went into the next stone bracket (like 14 something - 13 something) you went down in daily points, but last time I went (which was when PP started in the UK) I was told that my daily points allowance would be recalculated for me when I lost like 14lbs (rather then just going into the next stone bracket)

Its just that cause the online points tracker can change from week to week for my hubby at the moment, I'm not to sure. Does he follow the points suggested online and maybe get the leader at our meetings to double check his points allowance at his new weight so its more accurate or does he just stick to what he is being told at meetings which is 48 points and not 45 online

Sorry if I'm confusing anyone I just wanted to get this sorted in my head..

I would go with online its worked for me, seems to be the same as if I put it in a calculator, just make sure you are entering your weight height etc correctly. Your leader may have mis type some data also. If unsure post his details on here and I will calculate it using my calc.

Also its not like the old one where your points chance per stone it is on all weight loss mine has gone down 3 points over the last month

I would go with online its worked for me, seems to be the same as if I put it in a calculator, just make sure you are entering your weight height etc correctly. Your leader may have mis type some data also. If unsure post his details on here and I will calculate it using my calc.

Also its not like the old one where your points chance per stone it is on all weight loss mine has gone down 3 points over the last month

Thanks, its not that my leader put any figures in wrong just she only checks it after 14lbs to see how much your points allowance has changed by, either that or you ask her and she will check..

I'll stick with online for now for him, thanks again..

Thats a good idea, think its hard enough reducing the daily points but having to come down 3-5 points in one go can be pretty hard.

my leader says she checks every 7lb loss but often forgets so tells everyone to ask her to review it whenever they get a silver 7. Online reduced me after my first week though so I've gone by that and just assumed I must have been close to the next band down and online checks it instantly whereas the meetings don't want to be checking it all the time so do it less frequently.

Does that make sense? I think I confused myself halfway through lol

I think leaders check generally every stone (or half, like Mifford's) because they don't have time at meetings to re-calculate everyone's points every week, whereas online it just automatically does it when you enter in your stats and weight losses, so i would go with online as it's likely to be more accurate. At meetings your points will come down as your leader calculates the changes, but probably just not as soon as it shows online x

the online tools on esource are definitely 100% right so go by them. It annoys me at how unreliable leaders are at telling you to go down/up.. and the calculator doesn't take into account halfs (you have to round it UP) yet the leaders scales/computer and esource does?!

Get it bloody right ww.

And you don't go down by a defined weight anymore. I think you go down faster the bigger you are, and it starts to stagger more slowly as you get to your target weight. So you really need to calculate it every week to make sure you are getting it right xx

the online tools on esource are definitely 100% right so go by them. It annoys me at how unreliable leaders are at telling you to go down/up.. and the calculator doesn't take into account halfs (you have to round it UP) yet the leaders scales/computer and esource does?!

Get it bloody right ww.

And you don't go down by a defined weight anymore. I think you go down faster the bigger you are, and it starts to stagger more slowly as you get to your target weight. So you really need to calculate it every week to make sure you are getting it right xx

Well it wouldn't surprise me if this stopped people from loosing weight, I mean if a leader only tells you every so often and online you have already gone down say 4-5 points, you could in theory be eating to many points for a few weeks or a month especially if you only followed what the leader told you..

Last edited:
Back