Monthly Weigh-in

Eternal Optimist

Well this is my first monthly weigh-in and in the four weeks since January 13th I have lost 15lbs:) I am happy with this as I've basically been following a healthy eating/sensible choice/portion control personal plan. I have cut right back on carbs and increased protein and fruit and veg intake, cut out snacking and have managed to drink 2ltrs of water a day. I feel so much the better for it and I've not missed out on social occasions either...I've just not overdone it on the food or the wine:) So all in all it's not been too harsh or limiting and am now focusing on my next monthly weigh-in which will be on Monday, 12th March:)

Last edited:
Congratulations!!. That's a fantastic weight loss!. I especially like the way you were able to go out socially and not feel guilty about enjoying yourself. Keep up the good work!

Thank you:) I'm trying basically to live a 'normal' life, whatever that is:rolleyes: but taking into account that I have a lot of weight to lose to get into a healthy range for my height. Therefore, sensible choices and portion control have to be foremost in my mind...allowing for the odd bit of cake, glass of wine, meal out etc. I also find that weighing monthly means that I'm not obsessing about food, especially, the weekend before a weekly weigh-in. I've been there and done that and when I've have had a 'bad' weigh-in I've more often than not binned the whole lot and gone back to my old habits:( Now, I don't worry about, for example, how the time of the month is going to affect my weigh in or the fact that I've been out maybe twice in the one week. By having the month lapse hopefully I will always show a loss...sometimes not very much but sometimes, hopefully, better than that..and that makes it easier to get my brain into the right mind set to carry on:)

Fantastic Eternal Optomist - thats brilliant!

I have decided not to "diet" but eat healthily and exercise. Sick of joining clubs/counting points/syns etc. Just doesent work for me - not like I aint tried, been at it since I was 11.

I posted in the newbie/introduction thread on here yesterday. I was originally going to weigh in weekly but then decided on a monthly weigh in, which is a challenge for me as Im on and off the scales sev times a day..does my head in :(. Gunna put scales where I cant see them and weigh on 27 March. Ive got a holiday soon so that might affect it, but just want to see how I get on.

Hope this month goes well for you - keep on with what your doing, you've inspired me to do the same. I shall report back n 27 March - see what has happened :):):)

All the best and looking forward to reading your update on the 27th of March. I update again on the 12th of March:)

Fantastic Eternal Optomist - thats brilliant!

I have decided not to "diet" but eat healthily and exercise. Sick of joining clubs/counting points/syns etc. Just doesent work for me - not like I aint tried, been at it since I was 11.

I posted in the newbie/introduction thread on here yesterday. I was originally going to weigh in weekly but then decided on a monthly weigh in, which is a challenge for me as Im on and off the scales sev times a day..does my head in :(. Gunna put scales where I cant see them and weigh on 27 March. Ive got a holiday soon so that might affect it, but just want to see how I get on.

Hope this month goes well for you - keep on with what your doing, you've inspired me to do the same. I shall report back n 27 March - see what has happened :):):)

2nd Monthly Weigh-In

Well this is my second full monthly weigh-in from my start date of the 13th January. This morning I am 13stone 1lb (183lbs) so that is 8lbs in 4weeks and a total loss of 23lbs in 8weeks:)

In these past 4 weeks I've had 2meals out and a wine and nibbles evening and I've just had what i fancied on these occasions without going to excess.

Next monthly weigh-in will be on Monday, 9th April and, because I will have 2 lots of visitors staying here in the next month, my aim is simply to get into the upper end of the 12 stone range:)

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss journey and their continued success:)

Last edited:
Awesome! Well done!

came across your thread and just wanted to say a massive well done!!!
been on and off slimming world for a good few years, but after a bit of a blip i am going healthy eating at home with hubby and had decided to do a monthly weigh in to. was going to do 1st of every month.. how do u work yours out?? every 4 weeks??

well done again

stacey xx

3rd Monthly Weigh-In

Well, since my last monthly weigh in on the 13th of March, I gone up 2lbs from 13 stone 1lb to 13 stone 3lbs but I kinda expected this to happen as I've had 2 lots of visitors staying here for a number of days this month and I've been out for lunches, meals, been cooking for them and having the odd vino or bottle:p plus we've just had Easter too:p
So, anyways....back on the healthy eating again and I hope to have a good loss for my next weigh in on the 7th of May!

I weigh every 4 weeks on a Monday, Stacey:)

Last edited:
Back