Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Definitely no complaints if the weights going down, Angie. I've had a low cal week myself so we'll see what happens on Friday - eek, tomorrow.

All my fingers crossed, smiley!

Last edited:
Evening hope you are feeling better and that the next "load" stays on board....good luck with weighin tomorrow

Think my tummy has mostly recovered though I really didn't fancy my salmon today but had to eat it while it was in date.

Foods:

Chicken and red pepper skewer

Smoked salmon mousse parcels with cucumber, mixed leaves and mayo

50g cheddar, 100g buttered asparagus and mayo

Cocoa bark

Mfp: 24g carbs inc meds

i was a bit dim today, i got myself out a nice mixed grill from the freezer, then didn't think about the fact that i had root canal today and my mouth and nose were numb for hours.. i swear i am going a bit senile, managed to eat it tho mmmm

Only managed 2hrs sleep last night so weighed in early... And in binary:

image-783205102.jpg

(excuse mucky scales).

Woo, 11st 11lb, so that's 2lbs lost this week. Happy with that.

Gooooo moonlights!!:D 2lbs is great - I turn cartwheels when I lose that much in a week (well, in my mind I do!:p)

Hope your stomach's behaving itself and that you're getting some kip! xxx

Woooo you are rocking this woe at the moment, Congrats......11 11, you are well out of the 12s...

Thanks guys :) goal on my profile is just a mid way goal but yes, getting close to it!

Still trying to fend off loneliness.

Primark didn't have the jumper I wanted when I stopped by today but did have a very nice green one which fitted me in a size 14 \o/! Stocked up on winter essentials mostly in a 16 - thermal socks, thermal gloves, thermal vests etc. I think I'm probably a 14 on my top half now but my lower half is more like an 18 due to my swamp monster stomach.

Fell asleep about 7pm, was so tired.

Food yesterday:

Scrambled egg, cheese, bacon

Flax flatbread with dairylea, prawns, salad

Burger (no bun)

Mfp: 26g carbs inc meds

Practicing my flax flatbreads this week.

Hi ML, well done on this weeks loss:D
And good idea on the thermals - they were out of stock before i realised last year and i froze!
Hope you are getting some sleep now xx

I'm in bed with all the heaters on still freezing. Thermals are necessary from about November or I just can't go out! Primark aren't the best but they're in my budget and hopefully ill be too small for them next year ;)

Ugh I am so exhausted with such a headache. One day I'll be able to go into town for a few hours without it putting me flat on my back for two days - ill keep telling myself that, anyway.

Can't sleep or I won't sleep tonight, tempting as it is. Did make quite an accomplished flax flatbread/wrap for lunch though. That's today's productivity over with!

Hello lovely, are you feeling any warmer? It's pouring hard here in Kent, and I'm snuggling up on the sofa with the fire on.
Do you have any thoughts on flax seed for induction? I've had it daily for the past week in pancakes, muffins etc. and I know the new Atkins book says that's fine. However, I'm wondering if there is a thought process about quantities that's generally known?

Thermals! Goodness, that's got me thinking. I haven't worn them for some years, but then for most of that time I had rather more insulation (about 5 stones worth!) than I do now. I'd probably better look into it asap.

Can I ask how you do your roast celeriac, ML? I have some arriving in my shopping today, and I've never used it before (where have I been?! lol). What sort of sized pieces do you cut? Do you brush with oil? Season? What oven temp and time? I am a celeriac virgin...I need help! :D

Supersmileyme said:
Hello lovely, are you feeling any warmer? It's pouring hard here in Kent, and I'm snuggling up on the sofa with the fire on.
Do you have any thoughts on flax seed for induction? I've had it daily for the past week in pancakes, muffins etc. and I know the new Atkins book says that's fine. However, I'm wondering if there is a thought process about quantities that's generally known?

Well you lost 6lb this week so I wouldn't worry too much!

I've been having flax about 5 times a week for the past few weeks (mostly as porridge) and I haven't noticed any difference to my losses - but I was wary of using it for a long time as I've seen recommendations of not using it too much. I think it stalls some people - fortunately I don't seem to be one of them but if I did start having problems then cutting back on flax would be something I'd consider.

I know I won't have it daily forever, I'm just having a little faddy relationship with it right now.

Oh! Re quantities: 2tbsp to about 30g per day seems to be the received wisdom.

Last edited:
Scrumbles said:
Can I ask how you do your roast celeriac, ML? I have some arriving in my shopping today, and I've never used it before (where have I been?! lol). What sort of sized pieces do you cut? Do you brush with oil? Season? What oven temp and time? I am a celeriac virgin...I need help! :D

This is just how I do mine - I've seen other people cook them in pieces that look just like roast potato in size and shape. I do chips.

Remove all the peel until you're down to the white flesh. Chop into slices and your slices into slices again to make chips - or into chunks if preferred.

Either parboil or (as I do) stick in a bowl filled with water and microwave on high for 3 minutes.

Grease a baking tray.

Drain off the celeriac pieces and tumble them onto the tray.

My favorite way to cook them at the minute is weirdly - sprayed with frylight. But! I used to do them tossed in groundnut oil and have also done them in beef dripping, bacon fat and duck fat (not all together). I'd say the animal fats make it taste yummiest but I don't always have them around.

Season to taste with salt - I often use garlic salt and a little sprinkle of Parmesan when I'm doing them as chips but with a roast I just use a pinch of salt.

Roast in oven until you can prong them with a fork and they're soft inside. The timing varies for me - I usually cook them at 180 for at least half an hour unless I've accidentally cut really skinny pieces. The fork test tells me when they're done, plus some nice browning. They don't go crispy like potato but they are firm on the outside and soft in the middle.

moonlights said:
Well you lost 6lb this week so I wouldn't worry too much!

I've been having flax about 5 times a week for the past few weeks (mostly as porridge) and I haven't noticed any difference to my losses - but I was wary of using it for a long time as I've seen recommendations of not using it too much. I think it stalls some people - fortunately I don't seem to be one of them but if I did start having problems then cutting back on flax would be something I'd consider.

I know I won't have it daily forever, I'm just having a little faddy relationship with it right now.

Ok, I'll stick with what I'm doing, many thanks.
Must get some celeriac in, the chips sound scrummy.

Just edited post above re: quantities, smiley. 2tbsp to about 30g a day seems to be the received wisdom - I don't go over that.

Back