Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Had a little loss today but it doesn't count as its the day after weigh in. Let's see if it holds on all week.

Sorry I'm still not getting round to diaries much, wrung out and overloaded.

food:

3 lamb cutlets, asparagus, pan fried in butter

Almond bread marmite sandwich

Almond bread cheese sandwich

(40g almond flour total including both)

Mfp: 22g carbs inc meds

Was planning to have haddock and celeriac chips but the hour grew too late.

don't worry too much everyone knows your still there for them and getting some relaxation time is a must for you with such a busy time, don't get too stressed out!!

not been around too much on diaries this past few days, its been a bit hectic and then last night i couldn't keep my eyes open so went to bed very early for me.

hope the loss stays and indeed increases!!!

No relaxation time here, unfortunately, working all weekend.

Food was:

Mums roast chicken with celeriac, leeks, asparagus, Brussels, wee bit of carrot

3 medium scrambled eggs with cheese and spring onion

Cheddar and peanut butter

Mfp: 28g carbs inc meds

Morning, I hope you begin to feel better after 7th.

Oof me too. Will be January before I can get all my infusions/injections done on the same day though. But my iron is the most critical thing right now.

Just back from a 9am at the hospital. Scared the nurse taking my blood pressure - she retook it 3 times until I asked what the problem was and had to explain that I'm hypotensive and yes, it's always that low. Rest not too bad but I just don't like my nhs rheumatologist.

oh ML i hate having blood taken at the best of times, i have ridiculously small hard to find veins though. poor u xxx

Working every day for the foreseeable future Val! Though I do work at home and procrastinate hugely so I can't really complain, at least I have stuff to do. Back at the hospital on weds for my iron infusions, really really hoping I feel the difference as I've been functioning at transfusion level for about a month now.

Lol re voodoo doll. Would you believe I'm still scared of needles even after being part of this circus since the early 2000's. Have said they should just stick a permanent port in me and pour things in when they need to.

Hope everyone's having a good bonfire night. I'll just be watching from my window I think.

Oof well I haven't really been awake long but going to try sleep again, everything hurts.

Food today:

Steak, scallops and spring onions

Leftover roast chicken with asparagus, courgette, celeriac and mayo

Flax porridge

Mfp: 26g carbs inc meds

Try to sleep hun, I know it's easier said than done xxx

Just sitting up watching The American President (schmultzy but good) and wrapping a wedding present.

Hoping you're managing to get some sleep, and to come up for air sometimes!

I'm a terrible procrastinator too, btw - can never do anything until the eleventh hour. I think I convinced myself at Uni that I can only operate at full pelt when my nerves are well and truly jangling, but that was really just an excuse to stay longer in the pub :rolleyes: Pity old habits die hard...

Day wasn't bad - slept most of it if I'm honest, hospital is such a drain, but managed to be productive in my waking hours and I think I've (maybe) overcome a structural problem that has been killing me.

Tomorrow will be a write off as im in for my iron infusions but thank goodness I'm getting them. Now I just need to make a dentist and GP appointment...

Food today:

Pork chop and asparagus with mayo

Tuna bake with: tuna pâté, mayo, spring onion, cheese wedge, cheddar over zero noodles

Flax porridge

Mfp: 22g carbs inc medd

Send the nails along and I'll grate them over my dinner ;) bet that adds a tang.

Haven't slept so am hoping sleepless wooziness gets me though having the line put in - I don't enjoy it. Sleeping all yesterday never bode well for a restful night on top of the usual anxiety/nerves.

Will sleep when I get home and hopefully wake in time to eat something today... Have a 400g beef joint out of the freezer. Total bargain: £2.50 in marks as they were on the last day of their date. Would have bought loads if I'd had freezer space. Hope it's nice.

diembroadhurst said:
I do love buying knock downs - in fact when Mr Me and I went low carb we bought a 2nd freezer to put in the outbuilding to ensure we had freezer capacity for all the knock down meat we get to enjoy. Nothing more satisfying than not paying full price for protein in my opinion. Plus when you want a cheap shopping week (like i'm doing this week) you have plenty to choose from.

We did that too. Got on Freegle, found someone who was getting rid of a chest freezer and delivered it too for free. Then we got a second fridge for all the stuff we get at the start of the shopping month.

Id love a chest freezer if there was any room for it! My grandma has a couple (a lot of kids to feed) but there's no room anywhere here and it would be a bit dramatic for feeding one person.

I don't do toe wiggling but have a similar trick for dentists, bloods etc. relax your hands. Gives you something to focus on and if your hands are relaxed your arms, shoulders etc will be too. I used to do that when I sang too, means your chest isn't constricted.

Nerves still regularly get the better of me though.

Back