Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Oh ML ... Sounds awful .. Big hugs ... Hope you start to feel better soon - like today !! Xx

Get well soon ML.

Evening ML... Hope you're feeling a tad better! Hugs xxx

Sinusitis apparently. Cannot believe how bad I feel - constant fevers, nausea, and I feel like I've been repeatedly punched in the head. What a waste of a week - can't win for losing lately.

Morning ML... What a bummer! And it's hit you particularly hard ! Hope today is much better! Xx

Ouch. Sinusitis is vicious - I had a bout many years ago and it felt like someone had been trying to dismantle my head with a sledgehammer. Really, really hope it clears up soon xxx

Scrumbles said:
Ouch. Sinusitis is vicious - I had a bout many years ago and it felt like someone had been trying to dismantle my head with a sledgehammer.

Yup that's about it.

Oh poor babes, I get it at least once a year and it is really awful.

I can offer three tips - avoid all meds relating to sinuses except antibiotics - and only then if it's an infection - you'll know from the colour of your (sorry about this) mucus - if it's green, it's infected.

Second, do steam baths as often as you can bear it. Some people use apple cider vinegar in the water, or tea tree oil, but I find they get a bit stingy on the eyes - unless you wear swimming goggles...

Third, I use Sudafed sinus spray before bed - but there's a trick to it. Spray in one nostril, holding the other one closed, sniff once, repeat on the other side - then do NOT sniff again. Breathe through your mouth and in 10 mins or so you will feel it start to clear. Brilliant stuff.

Hope you feel better soon!

Luminous luminous green. Lovely, eh?

So far the only things to help have been sudafed pills and hot flannel on the face/breathing in steam. I don't have the nasal spray but maybe I can get someone to pick it up for me - not really strong enough to go out. The pills do help a bit though if only because the ibuprofen helps bring the fever down. You get this regularly? It's flipping horrendous.

Yep, once or twice a year - used to get asthma as a kid, and now I have allergic rhinitis (all year round hayfever), with a supporting cast of sinustis and chest infections - lovely stuff...

Nurofen is wonderful stuff, I'd take that instead of the sinus tablets. They have big amounts of pseudoephedrine/caffeine in them.

Hope you got some sleep last night xxx

Still full of fever. May have to go to docs on Monday but praying I'm better by then or all birthday plans and all other plans will be canceled. Already not been able to do anything this week. So much for my break? I certainly can't seem to catch one.

Afternoon ML... hope you're starting to feel better today?? hugs xx

Back