Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Still rough. Can barely speak currently as infection seems to have moved back into my throat (any suggestions?) and still getting intermittent fevers.

Am actually going to jump off a cliff if not magically better by tues as day has been paid for and can't bear to leave everyone out of pocket and be trapped at home hacking up a lung. Honestly I just wanted two weeks to do a few nice things and try to get a foothold on climbing out of this depression. Bloody bloody typical really. I shouldn't make plans ever.

Manuka honey is magical at the right strength... You poor thing ML... It sounds really grim! Hugs. Xx

Yep ditto on the manuka honey, plus it helps fight off infections.

The timing is pants, that's true, but at least you're at home and can make yourself as comfortable as possible.

Here's hoping you wake up tomorrow and feel a million times better. Big hugs xxxxxx

Well today is the last day for canceling birthday things.

I suppose I'd better. I have improved somewhat but still weak, dizzy, raw and sore mouth and throat and infected sinuses. It's absurd to hope I'll magically be well in a couple of days.

I've cancelled everything except my birthday now...

So much for two weeks to make myself feel a little better, emotionally. Was dreading birthday anyway so whatever. I'll just pretend it doesn't exist and go on being miserable.

I do feel just so miserable.

Big hugs ML... I hope you're being looked after?! There's nothing worse than dealing with it all on your own! Xx get better soon! Xx

Oh poor you, ML - I hope you are on some good strong anti-bs? I went through a phase some years ago when I used to get sinusitis a lot, it is not to be messed with. I got myself an electric steam inhaler thing from Boots in the end, spent an inordinate amount of time getting a crick in the neck breathing steam but it did the trick.

Absolute best thing for sore throat - little bottle of glycerine, used to be able to get this at Boots but could not find it last time I looked - got it in the end in the cake decorating section at Sainsburys. Anyway. Hot water, or lemon/ginger tea - add one teaspoon glycerine and stir. Add a spoonful of honey as well if you like. Sip. It helps, you can have it several times a day.

Hope your feeling somewhat better ML :( sending you a huge hug xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A few days on antibiotics and I'm gradually starting to feel human again. It's been nearly two weeks of being ridiculously unwell. Haven't had flu/sinus infection that nasty possibly ever. Birthday was of course a wash out - the whole two weeks have been.

Anyway plans have had to change. Had to reschedule expensive afternoon tea for next week so people didn't lose their money. Hopefully catching up with a couple of people then too though really most of what I was planning on doing I have to write off.

So I'll be off the diet longer than I wanted or expected. Not sure at present exactly when I'll get back on. At least I've only gained a few lbs so far - although spent a long time barely able to eat and now everything I eat evacuates again five minutes later as a fun side effect of the antibiotics. Ah well.

Have been trying to get some kind of Olympic ticket - I had Olympic park tickets for my birthday but obviously couldn't go. Utter failure, the ticket sale website is horrendous. Depressing.

Hope everyones well, sorry to have been so quiet.

Morning ML... so fantastic to hear you've turned a corner! Wow what a long time to feel so rubbish!!

I hope you can enjoy getting better and enjoying your birthday celebrations... better to have them next week when you're feeling more yourself again!

Take care xx

Happy birthday for whenever it was ML! I think you should pick a day next week and make that your honorary birthday instead :)

Aww <3

I am, amazingly, still ill. But much better than I was, at least, so off to the ritz tomorrow for afternoon tea.

Might need another course of antibiotics if the first hasn't cleared everything up. But, barring that and navigating a couple of plans in place hopefully the wagon will pass my way next week. I miss Atkins - bought up a load of venison yesterday so I'm ready to go, and ended up having a bit last night, too.

Aside from the cough sweets and honey and lemon I've really been off sweet things during this break. I think it's partly that Atkins has killed my taste for them and partly due to being ill but I'm just not big on sweets. Hope there are a couple of simple cream cakes tomorrow as that's the only kind I fancy anymore. Good news in my book.

Hope everyones well xx

I feel your pain ML.....have had Pharyngitis since the weekend and it's really knocked the wind out of my sails......I just want to sleep and when I do my dreaming is awful!!! And a really restless sleep it is too!!

Hope you get better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gosh you poor love, I can't believe you are still under the weather :(

But going to the Ritz sounds like a wonderful idea - I went a few years ago, and from memory you can choose what you want - so you can have little dinky sandwiches (oops bread). Whatever, you will have a marvellous time - it still is one of the best ways to celebrate a birthday! :D xxx

Good to hear from you ML. Not good that you're still ill, of course.

I do think that tea at the Ritz sounds wonderful - never been there myself - cream cakes sound like an excellent idea!

Evening ML... Hope you're feeling tickety boo! Xx

Back