Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

WOO HOOOOOOOOOO ML that is fabulous news, well done on the loss hun - brilliant! :D

I am really chuffed - and btw 12 stone is not obese :)

Hope the moody horse has moved on :)

Yayyyy....5 and half pounds ....that is excellent well done you .....bet you was shocked when u got the scales....must try the pancakes and cupcakes .....keep the recipes coming your a life saver xx

I'm still bmi 30.9 so still obese - I need to lose 6lbs before I'm just overweight. I know bmi is a wonky system but it's important because there are medical restrictions on treatments (like IVF etc) if you're not under bmi 30.

Also I want to approach both the NHS and my private healthcare provider about plastic surgery and it's 600 times harder if you're over bmi 30.

I wonder if anyone here has any advice. I started out at a much higher weight than the one on my profile - I've been gradually working on losing weight for about 8 years - and my body is just hideous now. I need an arm lift, boob lift and circumferential body lift to look vaguely normal. I have some physical reasons (rashes, infections) for needing the excess removed and some very severe mental reasons. I believe the nhs would approve me at least a tummy tuck but have heard the waiting list in my area can be up to 6 years long.

I'm praying my contributory private care might approve it. There's no way on earth I could self pay. Has anyone heard of private care covering such a thing? I'd have a very supportive letter from my gp detailing the physical and mental/emotional trauma he's been treating me for for years...

Anyway must dash now, will get round diaries later.

i dont have with private health sorry, i almost had a tummy tuck on the nhs when i first found atkins i lost about 5 or 6 stone, doc referred me and i got accepted but he said he wanted me to lose another 10 lbs first, and like a eejit i didnt lose i put on and on and on. so totally blew it!! ugh

hope u manage to find the right route xx

Gosh I really don't know what to say ML - I don't have private health cover (although I have been thinking about it), and tbh I don't fancy the idea of surgery - but it's different for everyone, I completely understand that.

Plus the rashes in folds of skin are no fun, I know :(

Hope you find a solution xxx

PS I wasn't having a pop at it, it's just that I really hate the bmi thing especially when it says a person weighing 12 stone is obese. It means perfectly healthy people with developed muscle mass are also termed obese - nuts!

Last edited:
Evening ML ... I am SO impressed with you - and MY GOODNESS - 5.5 lbs is like ............. a HUGE loss!! Well done lovely - you SO deserve it for sticking at it like you do and for supporting all of us so brilliantly and for coming up with all those lovely recipes and for knowing Michael Ball and for going to JC Superstar.... ha ha ... sorry, am just really excited for you!!! xxx

Well done ML on the 5.5 loss, that's brilliant. You are so focussed, I love all your menus and recipes, I don't know where you get all your ideas from but I find them so motivational.thank you :)

I am sooooooooo tired thank you for all the lovely comments on here today, so nice to come home to xx

JCSS - well I shan't say too much about it so as not to spoil Di. Not my favorite production of it - that was Steve Balsamo at the Lyceum theatre and if you missed it then YouTube Steve balsamo gethsemane and you'll see why he's definitive in the role. I'm honestly not too impressed with the guy they found via the tv show - and I also think doing the show in an arena setting is difficult. It's all projected onto big screens and too often the actors are performing to the cameras and not the audience or to each other, which was emotionally distancing. I also thought their updated 'culturally relevant' theme a little heavy handed.

But. Tim Minchin.

I had my doubts - I adore him as a comedy performer (even when his views are the exact opposite of mine) but wasn't sure his voice was up to Judas. Not only was his voice up to it (they did a rearrangement of heaven on their minds to take out the high note which I actually thought unnecessary) he was the only one to be completely emotionally invested and present in every single moment. A really really beautiful performance. He stole the show - the only problem being that the rest of the cast shouldn't have let him do it quite so easily.

I miss singing.

Gosh the o2 is a nightmare to get out of. Easier getting out of the Olympic stadium!

Okay, food today:

Cocoa bark

4 veggie hot dogs

Bunless burger

Cheese and cucumber

Flax porridge

Mfp: 28g carbs inc meds

.....haven't slept yet but I did make 6am cupcakes.

image-2775798439.jpg

Morning ml ...my you have been busy cupcakes at 6am lol :) like u I can't stand going to the 02 ...seen a few concerts there ....but just don't know what it is about the place but it don't do it for me ....much prefer wembley arena or even stadium....not sure whether its the size of it or what. The only plus side to the 02 for us Atkins peeps is there is a fab restaurant called rodezio RICO......you pay a fixed amount and they bring to your table copious amounts of BBQ meats all different types deffo worth paying a visit and they have a few other rest dotted around London. I went in the summer and loved it, they also have a huge salad bar.

think also the west end theatres are much more intimate not that I've been to the theatre for ages....really fancying the bodyguard and ghost :)

You done so well yesterday being out and about and keeping on track clap hands x

I'm still bmi 30.9 so still obese - I need to lose 6lbs before I'm just overweight. I know bmi is a wonky system but it's important because there are medical restrictions on treatments (like IVF etc) if you're not under bmi 30.

Also I want to approach both the NHS and my private healthcare provider about plastic surgery and it's 600 times harder if you're over bmi 30.

I wonder if anyone here has any advice. I started out at a much higher weight than the one on my profile - I've been gradually working on losing weight for about 8 years - and my body is just hideous now. I need an arm lift, boob lift and circumferential body lift to look vaguely normal. I have some physical reasons (rashes, infections) for needing the excess removed and some very severe mental reasons. I believe the nhs would approve me at least a tummy tuck but have heard the waiting list in my area can be up to 6 years long.

I'm praying my contributory private care might approve it. There's no way on earth I could self pay. Has anyone heard of private care covering such a thing? I'd have a very supportive letter from my gp detailing the physical and mental/emotional trauma he's been treating me for for years...

Anyway must dash now, will get round diaries later.

i share your pain ml.....after losing over 7 stone in my early twenties ...I had loose skin and fat everywhere ....ok if I have my clothes on....I can hide it....I also had 3 children so my stretch marks are hideous.....wished now on reflection that I had approached the doctor for a tummy tuck......even at my lowest I have pockets of loose flab around my hips and really don't like the top of my arms full of stretch marks and loose flab ....I try as much to cover them....I'm still very conscious if we go on holiday ....but I tend to blank it and wear a bikini but have sarong or wrap at hand if I stand up.....it's hard isn't it....doing so well to lose the weight ....but having the tell take signs of e weight loss.....fortunately I haven't had any rashes or infections so that must be a nightmare .....fingers crossed that you can get some good news on this x

Hi ML, really hope you're in the Land of Nod right now!

I watched the search for JCS show on telly and wasn't at all excited by the bloke that won it. Mind you, to be honest, none of them were fantastic: those who could act didn't have great voices, and those with the best voices didn't impress me as actors, so there ya go :rolleyes: I've youtubed Balsamo's Gethsemane in the past, and he was absolutely terrific - none of those guys from the show would be worthy to do up his sandals, lol

Never been to the o2 but I've certainly read countless tales of the agonies of departing from it - well done on surviving it! xxx

:553: Congrat's on stunning weight loss Moonlights! :eek: I love the 6am cupcakes lol. It's funny the bizarre things you find yourself doing when you can't sleep. You do feel like you just want to make the time productive. I've made soup before, and banana pancakes a couple of times..

Your recipes are so ace, have you ever considered writing a book or setting up your own website? (I like Linda's Low Carb Menu's, sorry not allowed to post links yet)

B x

i share your pain ml.....after losing over 7 stone in my early twenties ...I had loose skin and fat everywhere ....ok if I have my clothes on....I can hide it....I also had 3 children so my stretch marks are hideous.....wished now on reflection that I had approached the doctor for a tummy tuck......even at my lowest I have pockets of loose flab around my hips and really don't like the top of my arms full of stretch marks and loose flab ....I try as much to cover them....I'm still very conscious if we go on holiday ....but I tend to blank it and wear a bikini but have sarong or wrap at hand if I stand up.....it's hard isn't it....doing so well to lose the weight ....but having the tell take signs of e weight loss.....fortunately I haven't had any rashes or infections so that must be a nightmare .....fingers crossed that you can get some good news on this x

you know i could have written that! i had same thing, loss of weight, pregnancy stretch marks, bingo wings that would knock someone out if i ran! i even have a flabby it top of thighs which drives me mad. i think i should go on one of those extreme make over shows n just say.... PUT THIS RIGHT if you can! how about that for a challenge!!... when i lost loads before the stomach did shrink and get squashed down by control pants but who wants to live in those? especially when its hot, and they give you rolls elsewhere, i actually found some control thongs from next that worked well, but i am a long long way from wearing those now. i honestlly could kick myself for blowing it and gaining weight when doc had agreed to do tummy tuck, such a pleb!

I think I could live with it if it was from a pregnancy - thing is I'm not dating and can't imagine ever taking my clothes off in front of someone right now. I do want kids but hating my body this much is a barrier to any kind of intimacy. At least when I was at my biggest people knew what they'd be getting but now I'm a size 16 my body is just horrific and most girls my size just look quite nicely curvy not like a swamp monster. You look very different reaching a certain weight on the way up than you do on the way down. I'm 30 and my body is in as bad a state as my 80 y/o grandmas.

Aaaanyway.

Yes, YouTube Steve balsamo gethsemane. I feel so privileged that I saw him as JC in the west end - we went on a school trip when I was 15 and I insisted on going back with friends and for birthdays, it was a fantastic production. And Steve was an unknown at the time too. I've thought most of the bbc Andrew Lloyd webber star searches found great people (maria, bancy, joseph) but this guy didn't cut it.

Last nights was easily worth it for Mr Minchin though.

Didn't think much of 02 as a venue. Acoustics were off.

How easy is it to get back to Waterloo from wembly, out of curiosity?

Ladyb: I am sort of poking around at a recipe blog/website but I'd like to figure out how to take better pictures, so many of mine are awful, they're all iPhone! And I'm not very tecchy.

Last edited:
its horrible what happens when your body shrinks, if you unlucky and dont have skin with a lot of elasticity, my friend has lost lots more than me, she was a lot heavier when she started her diet but she seems to have shrunk to a normal size, she lifts up her top and shows me this tummy which she thinks is like marshmallow and horrible and i think, wow love you dont know how lucky you are! no hanging flesh or wobbly bits. lucky cow!

Back