Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Hanging around...,:D

Hospital first thing tomorrow morning. The question is whether I'll get any sleep first.

Food today;

Pork chop with leeks, asparagus, cabbage, broccoli

Cheddar wrapped in pancetta

Microwaved cheddar crisps

Flax porridge

Mfp: 24g carbs inc meds

You'll have to record me a CD Susie ;)

Cheese crisps:

For anyone missing something crunchy - these are as crisp and crunchy as a bag of walkers and taste like those rare wotsits you find where all the flavoring seems to have stuck to just one crisp.

Yummy, in other words.

I used two slices from a pack of sliced mature cheddar - about 50g cheese, and made about 20 crisps.

Divide your cheese slices into squares about 2cm by 2 cm

Put squares on a lightly oiled plate - in batches, I did 5 to a plate.

Microwave until the cheese has spread and dried out - it will have stopped sizzling in the microwave at this point. For me it's between 1.5 and 2 mins

Run a knife under crisps and put them on a saucer.

Crunch them!

image-1237545062.jpg

image-1355054428.jpg

Off to hospital to be stabbed with sharp things shortly. After that maybe I'll get some sleep since it sure hasn't happened overnight.

good morning, i had a stabbing next week too, flu jab ugh hate needles so sympathise with you there xxx

Have returned home to the dulcet tones of sawing man. Will WI whenever I've next actually slept for a decent length of time as its getting on for 24 hrs right now but sleeping through this is impossible. So stressed I could cry.

Did manage a Friday weigh in after all - although I only slept about 4 hrs.

11st 13lbs! I'm into a new stone!

Technically this is only 2lb in 2 weeks - though I did really expect a stall after that sudden 5lb drop - and my weight has been up and down by 1 or 2lbs all week so I'm glad it decided to settle here for weigh in.

Think my body has decided to make the last few lbs down to my first goal as tricky as possible to shake off - but I know I'm eating well, no cheats, my ratios look good, so I know I'm losing even when stalled. If that makes any sense.

If I've noticed any pattern it's that my bigger losses seem to come when eating more calories. I was eating around 1500-1600 a day when I had the last big loss, but my appetite has dropped and I've been at 1200-1400 the last two weeks. I'd try to eat more to test this but I'm sure my appetite will naturally fluctuate again soon.

I'm in the 11s! Seems so recently I was pleased to be in the 13s!

Well done Moonlights, that's amazing! :D

B xx

Aww thanks everyone - it's been slow and frustratingly fluctuatey recently so it hasn't felt like a wow - and I am SURE I lose best when I sleep well so it's been a particularly rubbish time for that but hey I'm getting there.

It feels so slow as you're getting through it but looking back it seems much faster. I'm amazed I've stuck with this so long - maybe my head is finally in the right place. At last, if so!

Food today:

Venison steak with a fried egg yolk, fried mushrooms, spring onion

Cheddar and double Gloucester cheese with pickled gherkin and mayo

Flax porridge with cream

Mfp: 21g carbs inc meds

- oh, had my medication changed again today. Yet another new pill to wonder what effect it will have on me.

Well done on the new number ML!!! Amazing focus and determination lovely!! So proud of you - you're so supportive of everyone and so engaged in us all!! You are a complete joy as a human being!! Huge hugs xxx

Ooo! Elevens!! Well done!..you must be over the moon(lights)! :D It doesn't really seem that long ago that you were trying to weigh less than Iron Man, and you've left him in the dust now, lol!

Must try the cheese crisps - they look yummy!

Haha I was thinking about iron man the other day, too. Now I'd just like to weigh less than a regular bloke I think. I've never sat on anyones lap for fear of crushing them!

I'm not that full of determination, Di. I get tempted by something at least once a day, I've just somehow managed not to give in - I think the planned breaks I've had have helped with that even if they've slowed me down overall - better that than get fatalistic and give up. Maybe I've finally learned the lesson that bad foods will always be there, I don't have to have them now I can have them one day instead.

Famous last words I know, eek. We'll see. I always operate with the proviso that I could fall off the wagon tomorrow but for today I'll try not to.

I notice in the first post on my diary I got in quick with the excuses saying I usually fall off diets after a couple of months. It's true, I usually do - but 5 months on Atkins so far, might as well keep it up. It DOES help that I feel better and healthier and stronger and have less stomach issues on Atkins. Even when I'm not losing, I'm not ill because I'm overdosing on sugar.

Still I so admire you Di and Scrummie and Katie and all the other longtermers. I can only hope I have your stamina.

Lisa - you don't like cheese??? What is this madness???

I'm eating a delicious bowl of home made cauli cheese right now! Haven't slept yet but got some notes and a 3000 word piece of work done. I seem to be productive when I'm awake all night!

Back