Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

I think the Atkins shakes is a good idea, can u keep fluids down? Feel better soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Moonlight, can't believe you're still feeling sick today. I just wish there was something I could suggest. It must be passing over soon, nausea never lasts more than a few days does it? Although I suppose that depends on what the cause is..definitely keep your fluid levels up though and get plenty of rest.

I knew I was asking the right person about the isomalt..thanks hun. I find the different types of sugar alcohols and sweeteners such a minefield!

I'm going to join the others when I say - hope tomorrow finds you feeling better!

B xx

Ouch, popping in after the weekend......you must be feeling really bad to be thinking about atkins shakes...(hugs)

Shakes are preferable to the bars - they dont have the SAs in, so hopefully a couple will be ok.

It's an infusion reaction - I've had much worse ones but not to something as simple as iron. Have always felt sick for a couple of days after iron but maybe it's that they pump this new one in in less than an hour where the old ones took several hours. I don't honestly know. The new one is meant to cause less severe allergic reactions though.

So far today I've only had my roast lunch. Not sure if I should try and have something else or not. Maybe a couple of babybells. Idk.

Me too, thanks hon xx

Food today:

Roast sirloin, asparagus, courgette, celeriac, cauli cheese

2 mini bonbels

Mfp: 27g carbs
(cals 833 :/ )

Had an epic dream earlier about escaping the robot apocalypse while wearing a bad yellow jumper. With someone who reminded me of Jason manford who also had a bad yellow jumper. In a shopping centre.

Haha not sure there was much wisdom and joy to be had in the midst of the robot apocalypse but interesting to know. By the end I'd become aware I was dreaming and was scripting it so I'd get a cuddle. Had to blow up a friend and burn my arm half off in the process of course and then finally woke up properly just as I got my hug.

Dream meaning: the apocalypse will happen before someone wants to hug me??

Apparently sainsburys have stopped doing their meat free hot dogs. Woe. That's all I really fancied to eat.

Entirely untrue, I cry over how much I need a hug quite shamefully often ;) not strong physically or mentally. I'd like to find someone else to be strong but, distant dream etc etc.

Addendum to hot dog woe: also want fried bread.

So maybe getting an appetite back but for things I can't have. WOE.

Hmmm meat free hot dog, so what's in them?? I'm confused haha xxxx

Evening ML and big big big hugs, sweetie, you are really being laid low by the treatments, love xxx

But I think it is amazing how, even when you feel so rotten, you keep yourself from eating rubbish - get better soon hun.

It can feel almost painful sometimes, the craving for physical contact. It's an odd thing. I have my cat draped across me being demanding though so she'll do.

Stubbsey it's like a vegetarian sausage but with hot dog flavoring - like the difference between quorn chicken and quorn ham. Sainsbos were the best ones I'd found. I get a little bit squeamish about real hot dogs.

So, I'm starting to feel better (I think!).

Have some appetite back anyway.

Food today:

Salt n vinegar peanuts and a mini bonbel cheese

Mug of alpro with cream

Steak and scallops with some leftover veggies: asparagus, celeriac,courgette

Mfp: 28g carbs

Steak & scallops = yum! Ooh that's enough to return an appetite.
Before I met my husband I was mainly single for years & years. It was the hugs I missed the most, not in a dodgy way, just the basic human touch. I used to book in for an aromatherapist massage when I could afford it just for human contact. Clearly it doesn't make up for the emotional side that forms part of it, but it was rather nice.

Now I realise that I love the cuddles from my dog too, and really should have had a pet when I was single.

My dog is an expert in the 'forced hug' Wanders up to you and shoves her nose under your arm so it drapes across her. It also doesn't matter which command you give her as the only one she hears is 'roll over, I want to rub your belly'. So yes I agree pet hugs are invaluable :D

I love hugs from Orbit - we all have a basic need to love and be loved, and I know I am much happier with her :)

She has however turned into a dog - sat on the basket by the loo this morning and proceeded to shred a roll of toilet paper...

Morning hun, glad ur appetite is returning and ur feeling abit better :) hope u have a great day xxx

Afternoon, glad to see you are feeling a bit better....agree with you on the hugs issue, they are so important, I hope when you meet up with you mum and dad that hugs are on the agenda ...I always hug my DDs, and we have long hugs when they have been away or are acting a bit glum.(hugs)

My parents are spectacularly undemonstrative (i never get hugged first, they would never understand the concept of my needing a hug) and my mother is angry with me at the moment after I tried to explain that getting to an overweight not obese bmi was a big deal to me (in her own way because she was trying to be nice, as she's insisted 'no one would think' I was obese for a while now, but ) all I wanted was someone to be pleased for me not start haranguing me over whether my bmi counted or not. It counted. Medically it counted and it was a major target for me. So now she's upset with me for saying the way she responded upset me. I love my mother to bits and pieces, understand, I don't know what I'd do without her and she's amazing but it also always has to be about her and she always has to be right. It doesn't half stamp on my ego sometimes.

Back