Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Fiiiinally updated moonlights meals in the recipe section with cheesecake cupcakes, cocoa bark and tofu bites. Must add almond cupcakes and figure out what else I'm missing....

Bl**dy amazing loss, ML! You'll be in the 10's in no time at this rate! :D

Re: "normal", definitely a feeling that comes and goes for me. When I was out shopping yesterday in my size 14 jeans from a decade ago and being swamped by a jacket I couldn't do up last year, I would catch sight of myself in shop windows and think that no one would notice me as a fat person because in the right clothing I do look like a fairly average 45 year old woman (bit of middle age spread, but nothing too unusual). But if I were to wear anything remotely close-fitting I wouldn't feel anywhere near normal - my flappy bingo wings and droopy spare tyres are all I can see, and, ridiculous as it may be, I can feel as big as I did at 17 stone :(

But at least, as you say, it's good to be "normal" enough that people are no longer shouting insults at me for being metabolically less fortunate than themselves (because that's what it boils down to, doesn't it? Luck of the genetic draw :rolleyes:)

Anyway, congrats again on the loss - truly fantastic, and no one deserves it more! :D xxx

[this was me agreeing with scrummie and being a bit glum]

Last edited:
Are you planning on finding a 20 year old Adonis then? Because normal men have body issues too you know! How many men that you would consider to be of dateable age don't either have a bit of a tummy, stretch marks from growing (my 22 year old has them on his legs) a receding hairline, a bit of grey in their hair, a few wrinkles? Why would they be looking to date a supermodel who wouldnt look twice at them despite being perfectly nice guys when there's a normal woman, whose body may tell a story, with genuine love to give?
I have stretchmarks everywhere as I don't seem to have any elastic in my skin, a scar from a lumpectomy, a scar from 2 c-sections including a nice lump above it and several health conditions but my oh loves me. He's not perfect either, he's VERY short lol.
All I'm saying is that there is someone for everyone. You may not have a perfect body but the genuine ones don't actually care. Look at how much effort you have put into improving your life already. You're an intelligent woman and one day you will either have the confidence to get out there and find someone or feel the fear and do it anyway!

Aww. If I win we all get presents! And a castle! Been playing the lottery for years and am mystified as to how I haven't won yet???

But I did just make a delicious oopsiedawg : oopsie roll + slice of cheese + 1 carb ketchup + quorn hot dog

image-1733280184.jpg

I love veggie hot dogs. I don't know why but to me they taste more like I imagine 'real' hot dogs should than say herta frankfurters do. It's been a bit of a veggie weekend but will be meaty tomorrow as I have a chicken waiting to roast. So yummy.

Carbs just slightly over today though as veggie protein has carbs, and I went to an Xmas market and tried a bite of turkey sausage before looking at the packet - it had rusk in. Was just a tiny bite from a sampling plate though. So annoying as it was actually pretty tasty!

Food today was (not including turkey sausage bite):

Other half of tofu crisps - even nicer next day!

Beef slices

Oopsiedawgs x 2

Good morning
I have been thinking about your post and the fact that you have discussed the loose skin issue with your GP. Has he suggested you have surgery? When it effects self-esteem to the extent it has to you, they can recommend surgery on the NHS.
I hate to think that you can't bear to meet a new man because of this loose skin :-(

Oh believe me, I do totally understand.
I had two c-sections, a laparoscopy and 3 major hernia operations and my stomach was TERRIBLE. Over hanging and just awful... I then had to have a fourth, major hernia operation which involved being cut hip to hip and I decided (along with my surgeon) to have the excess skin removed at the same time. I was obviously still about 40 pounds overweight but the surgeon said I would never have that amount of skin again.. So I had it done and it was an amazing relief and looks great. I had to pay about (equivalent from Swiss francs to pounds) £4000 as the other costs were covered by insurance because of my hernia op. I had a stomach muscle repair at the same time. So I really do empathise xx

And just to add, if you'd rather keep this out of your diary but want to talk more about it, please just send me a private message.

Yummy yummy food today. I've fallen in love with these free range corn fed chickens. A couple of quid more than the poor cheapie birds but the taste is so much better and I get to imagine my chook running around having a happy life as they're free range and 'slow grown'.

On that topic, anyone know about the provenance of meat at lidl? Someone was telling me they get an Xmas goose and turkey from there and that they're very good and the prices sounded amazing but I just don't know if they'd be happy birds? If I had a big freezer I'd pack it with goose - love it! Although I doubt even I would be able to eat a whole one on my own. Anyway just curious. We don't actually have a lidl nearby but I think there's one at clapham junction...

So food today:

Stuffed myself to the gills on roast chook with spring onion

Also had a wee bit of beef brisket

Flax porridge

- is anyone else here a M&S junkie? I do have an excuse, it's the only supermarket nearby, the big ones are out of town and I don't drive, but if I could afford it I'd buy everything there, they make it all look so pretty.

At the moment they have 3 for 2 on their biscuit tins and they do the prettiest tins. I bought all their jubilee tins and the biscuits in them have now gone out of date! Am thinking of buying 3 tins in the offer and taking the biscuits inside up for our family gathering on Xmas day. Then I can just abandon them there but still get my tins!

I like tins... :/ I'm going to be one of the people they find buried under all the unnecessary stuff they've been hoarding, one day.

Back