Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

oh ML i have seen those tins, i nearly bought three tins of bikkies myself, you should have seen my husbands face he hates my tin fetish!

Ooh, I'm a tin person too! Got the Kate & William one, and the jubilee one. Will have a look for the Christmas ones.

I can't vouch for Lidl, but as you have prob read, I am an aficionado of Aldi. I believe the two are brothers so am going to assume the produce is of similar quality. I think their meat is very good, although I don't think you'd get a corn fed chicken there. I'm going to get one over Christmas to try, as your reports are so good. Aldi continental hams and cheeses are incredible value, and the ham isn't all wet and pumped full of water like others.

I'll have to get off the train early and check out the big Clapton supermarkets at some point. Anyone remember netto? I used to love netto.

Glad to see I'm not the only tinaholic though! Fortnum and masons did a lovely jubilee tin I still regret not getting.

I loved netto!! Stupid asda for buying it out!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you seen the lovely tins of biscuits and shortbread in BHS! They've got a great choice, I could buy them all, they are great for storage unfortunately my oh hates my clutter and would not approve :( I might have to hide a couple or fill them with very useful bits that he uses !

BHS have a lovely train tin, omg we are all tin freaks... and what is it with men who are anti tins and clutter...?

I also love tins! And baskets!
I am not going to England any time soon though so can't get any (which is good in a way as I don't need any. I do like the sound of the London bus one though - I have a lot of patriotic things now that I live overseas!!

I like patriotic things even if I'd sort of like to move somewhere else ;) there must be nice tins in Switzerland surely? Where else do you keep all the chocs??

Long long day for me and I'm so tired and achy. Dentist tomorrow and I know it will be awful and I don't want to go.

Food today:

Chicken mayo salad with spring onion

Steak and scallops (with more spring onion)

Flax porridge

They have loads of tins here as everyone (except me;-)) bakes biscuits at this time of year!

How do you make your flax porridge? Does it have a slimy texture? I must order some flax.

Have a good day x
Edited to add; pop over to my diary in the silver members diary sometime if you have time x

Last edited:
Not in pain but speaking like Quasimodo with one side of my face numb.

Dentist good news: it wasn't the huge cavity I feared, instead I'd chipped a chunk off a pre-existing filling.

More good news: no cavities at all

Bad news: somehow I've cracked two teeth do need to go back for 2 more appointments plus the hygienist to get them fixed.

Going to be expensive ):

"Yay" for no cavities, but "ouch" at the expense :(

What have you been doing to crack your teeth? (I know you don't drink so I won't accuse you of opening beer bottles with them!:p)

I'm always petrified about going to the dentist a) because I only go about once a decade, so by the time I do I've convinced myself all my teeth will need to come out :eek: , and b) because I imagine that whatever needs doing is going to cost me at least an arm and a leg to pay for it. (Serves me right for not going more often, really!:eek:)

I hope you won't need to surrender any limbs for this(!) :(

Just about all my limbs! And the filling he replaced still feels sharp so I might need to ask him to smooth it next time I go.

Ugh dentists.

Food today:

Two whopping salmon fillets - more than I wanted but were stuck together so had to defrost both

Small venison steak, egg and spring onion

Flax porridge

- I make my flax porridge with 2 tbsp flax meal mixed up in a bowl with a lot of alpro soya milk. Micro for 1.5 minute and add sweetener. I don't find it slimy - some people say they do. Maybe the amount of milk is the trick.

Oh and NO IDEA how I've cracked my teeth, it's the outer edge of a back tooth, too. Maybe I have sharp cheeks?

Going to try the flax porridge in a few weeks, loving the fact I can have lots of stuff to look forward to! Like the chocolate bark not making until Christmas Eve!! So that way it will be like such a treat I won't want fudge or chocolates (that's my theory anyway) x

Back