Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

I have never tried soya milk but have some in my fridge now ready! Just need the flax now.. I remember having flax porridge on previous Atkins attempts and I mixed in cocoa powder - yum!

Just made flax porridge with alpro instead of water and it is delicious! Will definitely be having it again :)

I was about to add some organic soya milk to my protein shake and to my horror (ok a little but dramatic but..) I found it had 1% pear juice! Will check if I can find another brand.

Do they have alpro where you are Shrinki? The brand I use is

Unsweetened alpro soya milk light

Very low cal and low carb. I don't tend to drink it cold but warmed up it goes creamy and makes a great comforting drink.

Cate - you can also put the cocoa bark in a little jar in the fridge (not freezer) so it doesn't fully set and eat it at room temperature - it goes fudgy that way.

moonlights said:
Do they have alpro where you are Shrinki? The brand I use is

Unsweetened alpro soya milk light

Very low cal and low carb. I don't tend to drink it cold but warmed up it goes creamy and makes a great comforting drink.

Cate - you can also put the cocoa bark in a little jar in the fridge (not freezer) so it doesn't fully set and eat it at room temperature - it goes fudgy that way.

I haven't seen Alpro but will check out online as sometimes you can get things online with a delivery that you can't get instore. I found another unsweetened soya milk today. 250mls has 108 cals and 3.8g carbs. Does that sound ok? I am so looking forward to a hot chocolate later!

They didn't have Splenda (and I have run out) so I bought Stevia and assugrin for baking/cooking. I hope they will be OK. I rarely use sweetner anyway.

It's much higher than the alpro - my daily 400ml has 88 calories and 0.4g carbs - but if you count it into your daily total it should be ok? Also I don't know about the labeling there - it might be including the fibre in the total count?

Never heard of the other one but dr A was a big fan of stevia - I just don't like the aftertaste.

Thanks for the fudge tip!! Will be doing all a few days before Christmas...... Have decided to also see if I can stick to plan Christmas Day! I may cave in with the stuffing, so going to seek or try low carb recipes. Use low carb sausages mixed with a mim made into breadcrumbs??? Not sure if a mim can even give you breadcrumbs x x

You could get good breadcrumbs with almond bread - recipe under moonlights meals in the recipe section. It's not induction but only the first rung of owl. I think almond bread, sausage meat and lots of yummy herbs would make a good stuffing.

I wonder if you need to deduct fibre like in the USA. I will have to google in my best Deutsch! It makes sense if you do have to as I bought quorn hotdogs after seeing how much you like them and they are listed as almost 6g each which I thought sounded high!

Sounds to me like you definitely need to deduct fibre over there - my hotdogs are 1.1g!

moonlights said:
Sounds to me like you definitely need to deduct fibre over there - my hotdogs are 1.1g!

Sorry - this is prob very boring for you but just to say, I checked meat, chicken and flax labels and think the carb count is the net carb.

I bought flax seeds (didn't have Ground flax) so will whizz and make flax choccie brekkie tomorrow x

So glad the dentist visit went Ok, ML - but sorry you've got these cracks to attend to!

Re soya milk, I get Tesco value unsweetened soya - 0.2g carbs per 100g - and it's cheap too :) It's really lovely heated up with Da Vinci egg nog and decaf coffee mmmm :)

ladyfelsham said:
So glad the dentist visit went Ok, ML - but sorry you've got these cracks to attend to!

Re soya milk, I get Tesco value unsweetened soya - 0.2g carbs per 100g - and it's cheap too :) It's really lovely heated up with Da Vinci egg nog and decaf coffee mmmm :)

Hmm - well mine are 100% linseeds and listed as 2g per 100g - I'm confused :-/

ladyfelsham said:
Sorry Shrinki are you talking about flax? If so, I buy Flex Flax online - supposed to be zero carbs :)

Yep - I believe flax is also linseed and Leinsamen here in Swissycheeseland! Confused dot com!!

Great idea ML eating from the first owl has to be better than not sticking to it! And if I choose I can then go back to induction on the first. I may even treat myself to a few almonds!!!! Xxand thanks lady f I will be getting the soya tomorrow will check out the value range x

Flax seeds have weiiiiird labels but they're pretty close to 100 percent fibre. 2g carbs per 100g sounds about right for flax - I never eat more than 30g in a day or I'd have to move into the loo.

Flex flax seems to be impossible to find right now. I've been using prewetts but flex is my favorite brand.

Back