Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Actually thanks for reminding me of that post. Loopylou. It's amazing how far off 10 and a half stone seemed when I wrote that - and here I am 3lbs above it. It does rather prove the point I was making - some weeks I haven't lost and have felt miserable but I stayed on plan, didn't run off to try any other diet, didn't starve myself or restrict myself and I still lost. Thank you xx

And I still say weighing weekly is the only way to stay sane!

Thank you too Susie xxxx

Well today was meant to be a planned diet break for an Xmas thing with friends but I got there and there was nothing I wanted to eat. So I didn't manage to get food til 6pm when I stopped by the local waitrose in Chelsea.

Food today then:

Half a rotisserie chicken

Prawns and mayo

Uhhhh might have some cheese later.

Am so so so so wiped though, probably going to pass out soon.

I could have had mince pies and buffet things but it just didnt feel worth it. I'm glad I didn't go off plan just for that. Will def be off plan on the 8th - there's this food festival on twice yearly. I was meant to go with a friend around my birthday but had to cancel due to illness and said I'd go to the next one. Nothing will be low carb and she'll want to share food etc.

I know I could be big and brave and say no but I have not told and will not tell anyone I know I'm on a diet. I hate being looked at, especially when eating, and people feel they have the right to police your food and constantly make comments when they know you're dieting. I simply couldn't deal, it would make me uncomfortable all the time and I see these people rarely enough that I don't want to spend time with them feeling uncomfortable.

It is a choice and I accept it as that. I do get irritated when people say they just 'had' to eat something because it's always a choice unless someone has you hooked up to one of those foie gras goose feeders. So yesterday I chose not to, next sat I will choose to, and then I'm on plan solidly until the 21st.

Sorry, just me rambling again, didn't get much sleep and very headachey today.

Sorry to hear your tired and headachy - I hope you have a chance for a little afternoon snooze!

Buffet food is the hardest for me to resist! I absolutely love sausage rolls etc. I also love mince pies but know I can have them 24, 25, 26 & 31 Dec so will stick to plan on other days.

We have a skiing holiday booked for February where I'll be swimming a lot so I really want to lose a good chunk of weight before that.

I'm quite lucky in that respect - I don't like sausages and don't like sweet pastry! I do love finger sandwiches though, but still, not worth it!

And gosh, skiing is brave. I could never risk it with my bones - I remember the casualties after school trips!

moonlights said:
I'm quite lucky in that respect - I don't like sausages and don't like sweet pastry! I do love finger sandwiches though, but still, not worth it!

And gosh, skiing is brave. I could never risk it with my bones - I remember the casualties after school trips!

Oh I am not brave enough to go! I have had too many operations on my stomach to risk falling on it!! I will be swimming, Nordic walking, aerobics and in the spa :D. Hubby and kids will ski.

hi just getting a little chance to catch up well done on the 10s isnt it an amaizing feeling xx well done love

shrinki said:
Oh I am not brave enough to go! I have had too many operations on my stomach to risk falling on it!! I will be swimming, Nordic walking, aerobics and in the spa :D. Hubby and kids will ski.

MUCH saner!!

And thank you Stubbsey!

Am sitting here by the heater freezing my tits off. When is summer again?

I can't put my fire on cos someone (ds1) has dumped a huge tv that takes at least 2 people to move in front of it! I'm wearing layers and waiting for the heat to come through from the hall radiators and oven lol.

Lol that's definitely a wine emergency ;)

Still cold!

Food today:

Pic n mix cheeses: mini smoked cheese, mini red Leicester

Steak, scallops, spring onions

Spring onion pancakes

A shiny new recipe, spring onion pancakes. It uses almond flour/ground almonds so it's not for induction I'm afraid.

40g ground almonds
2 medium eggs
Garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Big handful spring onions
Water
Sesame oil

Mix the eggs with the ground almonds and add water until you have a reasonably loose batter. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder and chopped spring onions.

Heat toasted sesame oil in a hot hot pan. Dollop a couple of big spoonfuls of batter into the pan and fry until golden brown on one side. Flip and repeat.

Repeat until batter is used up. Slice your pancakes and serve with soya sauce to dip into. Yummy! I think they'd also be nice cold for lunches.

image-205112464.jpg

They're actually not very similar to cream cheese pancakes, taste wise. I make those too. The almond gives a more uhhh bready texture, which I don't think flax and cc would replicate, but I am sure cc versions would be yum in a different way (egg, cc, spring onion - how could they not!).

I am sitting on the train in my school uniform duffle coat which I haven't worn since I was 16. All my other winter coats are miles too big for me (this is too big but only a little) but I need to sell them before I can buy a new one.

moonlights said:
They're actually not very similar to cream cheese pancakes, taste wise. I make those too. The almond gives a more uhhh bready texture, which I don't think flax and cc would replicate, but I am sure cc versions would be yum in a different way (egg, cc, spring onion - how could they not!).

I am sitting on the train in my school uniform duffle coat which I haven't worn since I was 16. All my other winter coats are miles too big for me (this is too big but only a little) but I need to sell them before I can buy a new one.

Wow!! Cool! You really inspire me. Just think of all the coats in the sales soon! X

Back