Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Hopefully it won't snow before January or I'll freeze to death before I get to sale shopping.

Tired tired tired. Had a fairly decent day work wise and stopped off in Kingston on my way home for a mosey around the shops - you know it's so irritating I tried on a coat in Yumi and the best fit was size 12 - I seem to be roughly size 12 on top now - but it was one of those skirted coats so it flared out a bit from the waist. I have a size 16 parka I got on eBay and it won't do up over my stomach.

Basically I have a size 12 top half, a size 14-16 stomach and size 14 legs. How am I supposed to dress that? In some ways it's good to have outgrown so many of my clothes but they were things that covered my stomach, carefully chosen, and I can't afford to replace them. Will be lurking on eBay and in charity shops I suppose.

Food today:

Roast beef slices and pork crunch while on the go

Tons of asparagus and 2 scrambled eggs

2 jarlsberg mini cheeses

Flax porridge

Morning just catching up :)
Well done on ur loss that's brill !!

I cannot waitttt to try the spring roll pancakes!!!

Have a lovely day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello

I have the opposite problem to you - I am 1-2 sizes bigger on the top than I am the bottom (blumming boobs!). I also find it difficult shopping for clothes.

Have you scoured the charity shops for a coat - they usually have loads of nice ones in the shops I've been in.

Jx

Basically I have a size 12 top half, a size 14-16 stomach and size 14 legs. How am I supposed to dress that?

I hear ya! My measurements of 42.5" bust, 34" waist and 42.5" hips make me sound like I'm more or less in proportion, but unfortunately they don't take into account the flubbery mass sitting above and below my waist. I'm sure I could find lots more stuff that fits if it weren't for that (though I'd still have to choose carefully to try and disguise my twisted spine, but that's another story :/)

Still, great NSV on fitting into your old coat. I have nothing left from my teenage years, but given that they were in the 1980's it's probably just as well! :p)

Those pancakes look great, btw...must give 'em a go! :D

Mine were in the 90s - coats were built to last then!

Tired tired. And super fed up with how long totm is hanging round.

Food today vos:

Haddock, spring onion, 2 egg yolks

Steak, scallops, spring onion

Flax porridge

Rather typically I bought a discount bag of 6 haddock fillets and have since gone off haddock a bit. The smoked variety, anyway.

Oh yes fish pie sounds lovely - funny that, been craving fish pie for a week or so.

And know what you mean about nothing lasting, ML - I buy almost all my clothes on eBay now, and nothing under a tenner, so if it does fall apart, no great loss :)

I find I spend more money if I try to buy clothes online as I just have no clue of what will fit me anymore and I can't return eBay things...

So I'll just try and make a wee profit in there off my own stuff. I've never had much luck selling there before though.

Food today has been very simple as I roasted a GIANT chicken - didn't want to buy a giant one but it was the only free range they had left - and have just been scoffing that all day with mayo and spring onion.

Plus, flax porridge.

Fish pie may be beyond me afraid - I'm very in confident about cooking fish - never used to eat it either.

I don't buy online either because I'm always paying to send things back, very annoying!!

Hmmm think I'm gonna pick a chicken up from Costco, fresh chicken with spring onion yum!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bad day. I just wish I could figure out how to help my parents communicate with each other again.

Food was:

Leftover chicken fried with 5 spice

Steak, fried egg yolk, spring onion

Parma ham

Flax porridge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Count me in on the not to confident with fish front. I think we should club together and have a day with a fish chef so we can learn!

I am very good at pan fried scallops and salmon and they're my two favorites anyway, but actually I really would like to eat a fishy tasting menu just so I can find out what things are supposed to taste like. It's hard to cook them if you've never eaten them.

And I'm glad I'm not weighing this month as I got 1 hrs sleep last night so am full of stress and tea.

Day off plan tomorrow provided it doesn't pee down with rain. Very weird to think about TBH, first day off plan since the very start of sept. Will be fine, though.

Hello
Sorry to hear about your parents not communicating. I know the feeling well and it's upsetting.
On the fish front - I never used to cook it but was surprised just how easy it is. Especially baked in the oven. Yum.
Jx

It's a bummer. Today has been better but still wanting to bang my head against something.

Food a little weird today as I've run out of my staples...

Quorn hot dogs with mayo

Celeriac chips with mozzarella and 1 carb ketchup

1 boiled egg with parma ham and mini babybel

27g carbs (inc 11g from meds) - fat ratio 70%

The only quorn hotdogs I can get here are too high in carbs so I have decided to stick the regular 0g ones.

I meant to tell you that I added 15g (0.75g carb) of flaked almonds to the Flax porridge and it added a nice flavour/crunch.

Have a nice weekend.

Back