Food today:

Chicken, prawns and mayo

Steak scallops and spring onion

Flax porridge

Dentist tomorrow.

Big hugs hun xxxxx

Good luck with the dentist xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey all - feeling a bit better but sort of like I'm walking on cracking ice with family situations right now and money problems threatening to pull me down too. Tough times. Really wanted a chilled and happy Xmas - looking to be the opposite. Honestly it's been so long since I can remember a really good time... So why do I keep hoping for one? Dear universe, please cut us a break.

It's not leaving me very social I'm afraid, sorry to neglect your diaries.

At least food has been on form with no problems.

Today:

Fried egg on oopsie toast

Small steak, scallops, spring onion

Flax porridge

hi moonlights i hope that you are able to sort the family issues and the money worries ease, its a horrible time of year for either of those!!

i always say i am spending less this year on presents, every year my kids seem to have other ideas! and it ends up out the window, my oh has just spoilled me with something we cant afford, i cant believe he has done it either! more stuff for credit ugh...

chin up love, at least through out this you are still doing well on the atkins, you have achieved so much!! i bet there are many times in your life, just like the rest of us that these things would have turned you to food, all the wrong foods... be proud of yourself!!

Hear hear Stubbsey, tough times indeed, take care of yourself ML and stay as focussed as you have been all year , big hugs x

Ditto to the above - I know you're very unassuming about your achievements but you really should be proud of what you've achieved over the last year hun :)

Sorry to hear the family/money situation is getting you down - in some ways I count my blessings that my remaining family is so far away, otherwise I'd be stuck in the middle of constant fighting!

Thanks guys xx

(big jugs, well gosh).

Food today was

Pork belly and spring onion

Mini angello peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in Parma ham then grilled

Flax porridge

Agree with all of the Above big hugs hun xxxx

And I agree them peppers sound amaze!!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So tired but have to go out shortly...

Stayed up reading my book of the year: wonder by r. j. Palacio. A very simply done but incredibly beautiful and powerful story about a little boy with a severe facial deformity, and the value of kindness in this world. Really really do recommend it, for adults and kids.

Hi ML, hope your well today. So much pressure in everything this time of year (financial, happy, etc) I'm feeling it too.

Book reminds me of a book my son read for one of his uni courses 'biography of a face' although I haven't read it myself, I will. x

Yes, it definitely comes to a head at this time of year doesn't it. I hope you have a lovely Xmas with your son xx

And I'm mentioning that book again - wonder by r j palacio - so so worth a read, won't take anyone more than an evening.

Busy day today & eating like a gannet. I have to say I am looking forward to my break to reinvigorate me a little - I know I'll feel terrible on carby food so I should be pleased to be back on plan! But I also just want a break from thinking about weight loss. I've come a long way this year and have further to go in the next. Definitely earned my time off.

Today, though, I ate:

Prawns and mayo

Turkey slices and cream cheese

Cream cheese and Parma pepper poppers

Beef brisket

- got myself 100g of smoked turkey from an organic bio-sometjingorither farm shop. O.M.G. Honestly the nicest sliced meat I've ever tasted - almost the nicest thing I've tasted full stop! Wished I'd bought 3 x the amount. So so yummy.

And here are my cream cheese poppers.

It's traditional to make these with jalepenos but I don't like much heat so I used mini angello peppers.

image-4042065556.jpg

Definitely earned my time off.

Absolutely! Those poppers look good, and yum on the turkey front. I bought a Tesco turkey basted in butter roast recently and it was the same, really delicious and moist, and sort of sweet tasting - hope there were no horrible injected additives in there!

Those poppers look amazing!!
I love spicy food so would choose the spicy peppers but love that type of pepper too.
You certainly have earned your time off plan over Christmas.. You have been so strong staying on track.
Have a nice weekend
Jane x

Back