Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

I have to say I am looking forward to my break to reinvigorate me a little - I know I'll feel terrible on carby food so I should be pleased to be back on plan! But I also just want a break from thinking about weight loss. I've come a long way this year and have further to go in the next. Definitely earned my time off.

You sure have.

Maintaining focus all this time is hard (carby foods are everywhere, and they ain't going to go away!), and constantly hoping/expecting the scales to be nice and move downwards is very draining on the emotions. I know I felt pretty burnt out when I called time a few weeks ago, and you haven't had a break for much, much longer than me, so you've definitely earned it!

Enjoy it! :D xxx

(...and see you back here in January for a dose of Induction :cool: ;))

Hi guys, I still exist. My broadband went down and I couldnt get the site to load via iPhone 3G. Anyway, keeping on keeping on but had some not great medical news so may be a bit quiet. Hope alls well xx

Hope ur ok hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ya, hope your well hun x, not been on forum just catching up. Sending hugs and juat wanna say you have come a amazingly long way, your a very determined lady and you should be very very proud xxx. :)

I am ok <3 keeping on keeping on. I start to dread people asking for my medical history these days as the list goes on forever.

Well, I've had a couple of days off plan and feel bloated and ouchie - when you have to take tums, wind-eze and immodium to handle eating something it probably means its bad for you, right? Sorry if that's TMI!

It is definitely showing me that low carb is best for my physical and mental health - however I have things planned (including that family Chinese meal on NYE which I cancelled on last time as I didn't want to go off plan) so I'm still kn the carby track.

However I'm having a low carb, low cal day tomorrow:

Cottage cheese and chives

Steak, scallops, spring onion

Flax porridge

To settle my stomach and de-bloat me a little for Xmas day. I'll probably alternate high and moderate carb days until I'm back on plan.

And I'm pretty sure I'll be happy to jump back on plan after my last scheduled carby day - am already planning a whole roast chicken and slow cooked beef. Missing my meat!

Hope everyone is doing well and prepping for a happy Xmas.

Merry Xmas Hun xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy New Year Moonlight, hope your tummy has settled down now! I had a similar problem over Christmas, I left my fibre supplement at home and was drinking wine instead of eating mince pies! I hope you had a good holiday in the end, despite some family and money worries. Family can be the best and the worst thing for us! I must admit, my parents are divorced but both have partners that make Christmas stressful, so I have literally stopped spending the day with them now..OH and I normally have our own day, but this year we spent it with friends. Easy.

Wishing you all the best for a successful and happy ahead, stay positive chick!

LadyB xx

Thanks guys xx

Who has two thumbs and is back on plan? This guy.

Put on the expected chunk of weight over Xmas - as with last time off plan, all my favorite meals had over this period were the ones that were closest to good, wholesome Atkins eating. Not only is Atkins good for me, the meals taste better!

Not that this meant I cut short my break. It's slightly masochistic really considering I do not feel or do well on carbs but I can now say I've eaten anything I wanted and don't need to feel deprived at all about anything now I'm back on it. I even had some mini eggs as the shops have started selling them already!

In previous tests I've taken my weight gain off within a couple of weeks back on plan so it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. I'd like to end January the same weight I started December, any lower than that would be a bonus.

I am ok - life not any less crap, and back to my weekly hospital trips but will leave that off of here.

Hope you're all well!

I'm always ravenous my first few days of getting into K so I've had prawns and mayo for breakkie and lots of tea - yummy things planned.

Back