Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Some people have very curious ideas about diets...

Hehe, come on Moonlight..who are you talking about? *hides her chocolate cake*

B xx

Haha nooo no one in this section, don't worry!

Not sure I want bean cake myself though! But then again just tried making turkey meatballs and they were VILE. I really have no luck with mince.

I'm not keen on turkey mince...

What I am keen on is your almond cake! Yum!

image-2499197353.png

Hi ML, I don't know if this would work for turkey mince also but I do chicken mince and spinach curry and it's really really lovely one of my fav on dinners.

Your cake does look grand x

Cake looks amazing Jane, I need to try your delicious chocolate glaze (cocoa, sweetener, butter, right?).

I think I just give up on mince. I keep trying to cook different varieties in different ways and never manage to make anything I like ):

moonlights said:
Cake looks amazing Jane, I need to try your delicious chocolate glaze (cocoa, sweetener, butter, right?).

I think I just give up on mince. I keep trying to cook different varieties in different ways and never manage to make anything I like ):

And also a dash of vanilla essence and a dash of cream x

Cake talks making me so hungry lol.

Don't give up yet Sandra try a mince curry if using Kashmiri spices x.

No worries - I don't really eat curries except tikka masala though, and I've never made that for myself!

Started a meal ideas thread over on the main board - everyone go and add your suggestions xx

No worries - I don't really eat curries except tikka masala though, and I've never made that for myself!

Started a meal ideas thread over on the main board - everyone go and add your suggestions xx

Ok excellent x

I must admit, the only mince that I can stomach is lean beef mince - turkey and lamb mince have awful texture xx

I wouldn't even try lamb mince, honestly. I find it too fatty. I can just about tolerate extra lean beef mince but I haven't actually liked any meal I've cooked with it. I'd hoped turkey might be better.

Back to the drawing board on the hunt for cheaper meat I actually enjoy.

I'd be happy to subsist on lean steak, roast chicken and pork belly but two of those three are mega pricy.

Food today was a let down, nothing I really liked so feeling unsatisfied as well as frustrated as its meant I've thought about food all day.

Sugar free jelly & cream

Some attempts at turkey burgers.

Cheddar on toasted mim

Miracle noodles with butter and Parmesan

I don't like minced lamb either, but I love mince beef...I mix the beef with pesto and mozzarella, make it into small meatballs, fry and add to a tomato sauce...it is lovely.

sammy1 said:
I don't like minced lamb either, but I love mince beef...I mix the beef with pesto and mozzarella, make it into small meatballs, fry and add to a tomato sauce...it is lovely.

Oh must try that as I also like beef mince. X

I wish I could like minced beef - minced anything! Would make my life both simpler and cheaper.

Shrinki I do like fish sort of. In the sense that I probably wouldn't order it over meat in a restaurant but now and then I have haddock, salmon or tuna at home. I couldn't eat it super regularly but once a week or so works out fine.

I love scallops and king prawns though - wish they were cheaper!

You should try the salmon florentine (if you haven't already)!

Lay lots of spinach in a dish, place salmon fillet on top, pour over cheese sauce (I make as per my recipe in the Atkins section). Season well. Chuck in 4-5 cherry toms and put in the oven (200'C) for 20 minutes. Laaavely!

Back